ADVERTISEMENT

If you could jump on a bandwagon

Other than Nebraska, I find myself rooting for individual players. Whoever is fun to watch, I'll root for. Manziel and Kyler come to mind first. Shaq Griffin from UCF played with more effort than anyone I've ever watched play football - how could you not root for that?

who would it be?

Now before I get roasted by the Angry Birds, I'm in no way shape or form encouraging jumping ships or supporting multiple football programs. Just be fun to see who everyone has major respect for.

As for my pick, it would be Clemson. Hard to not root for Dabo.
I started liking Clemson because of Dabo the night of this post game interview...

I also find myself rooting for OU quite often, I was only alive for our domination of them in the 90s so never really developed that ill will towards them.

I would say LSU, South Carolina or Clemson. When I used to recruit, I'd stay the weekend and go to games both basketball and football, and my god was it fun. I think that would be the kicker for me where they have the most fun at the games. Those 3 stood out head and shoulders above and I've been to quite a few campuses.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Definitely Washington, as I’m already on that bandwagon from digging Seattle and the PNW so much. After that it’s maybe Oregon because the jerseys in the initial Knight era were dope and I liked the Joey Harrington/Onterrio Smith combo.

Oklahoma because of Nebraska, of course. And sometimes... only sometimes, I’m a bandwagon fan of USC but only when they suck because screw them, though they are a good villain to root for (when they play OSU, Texas, ND)

I'm not a bandwagon jumper. HUSKERS. Well ok, I did like watching USC in my youth but that was for other reasons than FB

Reactions: cubsker
I love Dabo. I cannot help it, I just love that guy. So I would pick Clemson.

As much as I hate to say, but I do think that Texas is starting to build something with Herman. I also thing Jimbo is going to get A&M contending. If the Wisconsin QB that they recruited lives up to his AA game, they will be solid in the near future.

On the flip side, I think you may see Oklahoma start to slip a little, especially with out a Heisman winning QB. The Pac-12 look like garbage and with USC falling, there is not much of anything in that conference for anyone to fear.

Minnesota, I guess, because my beloved late grandfather was an alum. But really, the idea of rooting for any program other than the Huskers makes me gag.

The only point of other teams is for them to be driven before our guys in defeat while the lamentation of their women and children make a sweet sound in the air.

Probably Oklahoma. They have it rolling, Riley is young, recruiting is great.

who would it be?

Now before I get roasted by the Angry Birds, I'm in no way shape or form encouraging jumping ships or supporting multiple football programs. Just be fun to see who everyone has major respect for.

For some reason I have always liked LSU. A distant 2nd to them was UCLA - only because of their BB program back in the good 'ol days. I still pay attention to LSU, but not UCLA any more.

Probably ku, living in southern Nebraska always root for there basketball team except when playing Nebraska, the fat man was the best football coach they had since pepper Rogers

I root for Nebraska and whoever is playing Texas.

I like rooting for underdogs, small directional schools, because let's face it, the NCAA doesn't make it easy for smaller programs to thrive.

I do like to pick a different crap team to root for each year. East Carolina was fun this year.

Not a bandwagon fan at all but, my other team is Cal because we had season tickets there when I was a kid. That's it. No bandwagoning for me.

I jumped on the UCF bandwagon ...then they became a team I cheered against because of their fans.

Emilia Clarke
1444418832-emilia-clarke-sexiest-woman-alive-2015-003.jpg

Sorry what was the question again...? Lost my train of thought

I like seeing South Carolina, Clemson, Charleston Southern, College of Charleston (Basketball & Beisbol) win. Don't mind seeing UVA or VA Tech do well either. I'll get crucified for this, but I root for Duke in basketball (after NU, of course), and like to see Creighton and Kansas do well.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Northwestern has always been fun to root for.. When we were in the Big 12 and I lived in Texas I liked Texas A&M ... Rival of Texas and their atmosphere in College Station was really cool . Plus free tickets also helped

I started secretly cheering for Clemson after the last title game a few years ago. Dabo seems like a good guy and easy to cheer for. Also cheered for a Georgia in the past because Richt was there, but jumped off that bandwagon when he went to Miami and could never in my life bring myself to cheer for anything Miami. Also liked cheering for VTech when Beamer was there. Enjoyed their style of football.

who would it be?

I don't own about a million Adidas clothes, shoes, belts hats, flags, glasses, etc for nothing. I am a true Red Husker. Here are teams I like to see win when it doesn't involve the Huskers. WSU Cougars (many close friends are Cougs), U Dub (my brother and many friends went there), Montana (I know it is a FCS school, but my grandfather went there and Missoula is a really cool town), Gonzaga basketball (over both the Cougs and Huskies when they play'em. Kind of like Husker fans living in Nebraska who root for Creighton basketball when they are not playing the Huskers only the Zags are a much better team and have even a better coach) and finally old Big 8 teams. The best part of the watching these teams is I can walk away with no emotional attachment if one of them loses. A Husker loss can stay with me for days.

I'm not a bandwagon jumper. HUSKERS. Well ok, I did like watching USC in my youth but that was for other reasons than FB

If you are talking about the cheerleaders at USC then you are right. Where my U Dub seats were the visiting cheerleaders used the same snack bar and rest room area as I did. USC cheerleaders look like models up close. I always thought the cutest Pac 12 cheerleaders that looked like college students and not professional entertainers were the Duck cheerleaders

Reactions: huskerfan66
I would be a fan of both Kansas and Iowa State. I've always been treated very well when I've gone to games on their campus, so it is easy to root for them.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I like seeing South Carolina, Clemson, Charleston Southern, College of Charleston (Basketball & Beisbol) win. Don't mind seeing UVA or VA Tech do well either. I'll get crucified for this, but I root for Duke in basketball (after NU, of course), and like to see Creighton and Kansas do well.

Not weird at all rooting for Duke bball. I root for Kentucky basketball. I was born and raised there. Step father from Omaha got me hooked on Husker football in the early 90s, so I support both programs.

Reactions: SC_'sker
If you are talking about the cheerleaders at USC then you are right. Where my U Dub seats were the visiting cheerleaders used the same snack bar and rest room area as I did. USC cheerleaders look like models up close. I always thought the cutest Pac 12 cheerleaders that looked like college students and not professional entertainers were the Duck cheerleaders

ive always felt song girls looked wholesome, but then again, what do i know...?

LSU, basically because I’m a Pistol Pete Maravich fan...

I do admit I like OU more now that Switzer is no longer walking the sidelines and were not in the same conference as the Sooners..

Reactions: CatColumbia
I'd say Oklahoma would be mine, followed by Clemson. For me, OU is a bit like an old grade school or jr. high rival that was in your class. Hated them back in the day, but through the years a mutual respect formed. And you sit back at reunions and laugh together because you have and had so much in common.

Clemson would be because of Dabo and I like the unique color scheme of purple and orange.

I'd say Iowa, they're reloading with tons of NFL talent this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT