ADVERTISEMENT

If we lose to Maryland

I posted that the other day and I was not kidding. I have seen Bellevue West play. I think Bellevue West is a better football team right now than our Huskers. Nebraska needs to turn this around and fast.
Riiiiight, just like OSU could beat the Dolphins.

Reactions: zrob
The official new coach search will be on.

They are bad bad.

Frost can walk home if we lose to that garbage team.
NU won't lose to Maryland. To be honest, a lot of the negativity toward Frost is unfounded. I saw in game one NU lacks the talent core and is still 2 seasons away from being a Big 10 power. NU got destroyed by Ohio St, but so did everyone else. Indiana is pretty good. That Illinois win is looking better. Purdue isn't terrible and it was a road loss. Minnesota is very good. The CU loss is the one that disappoints me the most since it was a game well in hand at the half and I think the loss was a result of mental breakdowns. I think between Iowa and Wisconsin there might be a surprise.

I believe Martinez is injured and playing through it. That said we have more QB depth than we have had in years. The Riley regime was a nuclear bomb on the program.

NU won't lose to Maryland. To be honest, a lot of the negativity toward Frost is unfounded. I saw in game one NU lacks the talent core and is still 2 seasons away from being a Big 10 power. NU got destroyed by Ohio St, but so did everyone else. Indiana is pretty good. That Illinois win is looking better. Purdue isn't terrible and it was a road loss. Minnesota is very good. The CU loss is the one that disappoints me the most since it was a game well in hand at the half and I think the loss was a result of mental breakdowns. I think between Iowa and Wisconsin there might be a surprise.

I believe Martinez is injured and playing through it. That said we have more QB depth than we have had in years. The Riley regime was a nuclear bomb on the program.
The problem right now with the QB depth is that we have a former QB head coach who apparently is unwilling to sit his starter when he's stinking it up. Hopefully the game video from Purdue wakes him up.

Illinois would boat race us if we played today. They have found their mojo and we lost ours (not that we ever really had it).

Indiana is a bad loss considering we were coming off a bye week and they were playing with their back up qb. Plus the game was in Lincoln.

Purdue, inexcusable. They are terrible and are playing young guys just like us.

Let’s see if we can pull a miracle and win 2 out of 3.

Going to the MD game in person. These final three games will tell the Husker fan base a lot about frosty and our future with him and whether he was the right selection (I also said he was the right choice). For the record, he is going no where until his contract is complete. I am not a sunshine pumper like 50% of the posters on here who blindly and without critical thinking say that these aren’t frosty’s recruits, his team and/or his players. BS! Save your I am a sucky fan and I should shut up because the players, future cruts and coaches read these posts. Hope to hell they do!

How the team performs...win or lose all three of these last three games will tell me what type of leader and future leader he will be for this program. Is he the nice guy that doesn’t want to lay into the coaches or his players? Is he a hands off kinda coach that won’t or can’t jump in someone’s arse?! Can he take charge and have a better prepared team that represents the state and fans is what I am looking for. Play with pride, dignity and never give up attitude is what I am evaluating frosty, his coaching staff and players on these last three games. If they don’t start playing with the fundamentals and with passion then we may have hired the wrong dude. Can they tackle d wrap up. Can they throw and catch. I say AM is under a microscope now and if he or any other position player cannot being the goods the next three weeks them all jobs are open competition. They better be - don’t give a crap whether AM is the chosen one who will win the Heisman! Hell, a freshman has been our best player this entire year (our MVP) and man that must suck to see for all those sophomores, juniors and seniors. He is being way overused as well! Still say frosty goes no where, but I wanna know what kinda man and leader we hired in these last three games. Try and sunshine pump this post you rose-colored glass wearing sheep.

Last edited:
Look at those schedules. We will go 4-8 again next year and maybe 6-6 in 2021. That would put Scott's record at NU at 18-30 four years in. You're kidding yourself if you think he'll still be employed with that record.
Frost has the support of his A.D., T.O. former players and the majority of fans who know it will take more than a few years to undo 20 years of shit. Stop with the drugs son.

Look at those schedules. We will go 4-8 again next year and maybe 6-6 in 2021. That would put Scott's record at NU at 18-30 four years in. You're kidding yourself if you think he'll still be employed with that record.
Assuming your scenario turns out to be accurate, why would they fire him in 2021 after improving by two wins and getting his team to a bowl game?

Last edited:

Both Indiana and Purdue played their backup QBs against us, and Purdue was also without their best player (Rondale) and best defensive tackle because of injuries. Those were both terrible losses.

We are nowhere close to being 2 years away from being a Big Ten power. Especially looking at our schedule the next 2 years. We are miles away from even being back to 9-win Pelini territory.

Already well aware of the up coming schedule, also realize that this was never going to be a two year deal, this will take time... so question still stands wanna put money on it? All this BS of Frost will be fired and the talk of can Frost now just needs to stop... y’all do way more harm than good to our team... they hear the talk and see the chatter and it does sit in their head when they make their decision

Yup, he should actually get a minimum of 3 more years imo.
I will say with Fleck completely flipping MN in year 3. People are going to be less patient with Frost next year. Will hear lots of "if Fleck can do it with MN why can't Frost do it with Neb" Really there is little that says Fleck had it any easier. Now I will say MN has had a pretty easy schedule this year to build up momentum and mindset. Neb has the next 2 years of brutal.

Reactions: Huskred01
Frost has the support of his A.D., T.O. former players and the majority of fans who know it will take more than a few years to undo 20 years of shit. Stop with the drugs son.
We also have a 155 million dollar facilities upgrade coming that will help NU recruit with the big boys again. You honestly think the higher ups would f that up by firing Frost after 3 years? C'mon man. Are some of you really that dumb?? Oh wait..yes you are!!

We should be 7-2 right now. 20 years of bone headed and weak mentality that causes them to lose games that shouldn't be close. Their is still a lot of quit, a lot of soft, a lot of weak minded players still on the team that quit as soon as the going gets tough. Those players will be gone soon enough.

The coaches have not done a good job either. They are another reason we have fared so poorly this year

We also have a 155 million dollar facilities upgrade coming that will help NU recruit with the big boys again. You honestly think the higher ups would f that up by firing Frost after 3 years? C'mon man. Are some of you really that dumb?? Oh wait..yes you are!!

What if we make no progress by this time next year? Bad execution, poor effort, etc. Will Frost be on cusp of getting canned? I don’t even want to imagine getting to that point because I really do like Frost. But eventually we gotta turn the corner.

I posted that the other day and I was not kidding. I have seen Bellevue West play. I think Bellevue West is a better football team right now than our Huskers. Nebraska needs to turn this around and fast.

This post right here sums you up perfectly. And probably not in the way you think or want.

I will say with Fleck completely flipping MN in year 3. People are going to be less patient with Frost next year. Will hear lots of "if Fleck can do it with MN why can't Frost do it with Neb" Really there is little that says Fleck had it any easier. Now I will say MN has had a pretty easy schedule this year to build up momentum and mindset. Neb has the next 2 years of brutal.
I honestly believe Fleck would have gotten Nebraska to bowl games years 1 & 2 if he were our coach instead of Frost. At the same time I also believe Frost has a higher ceiling than Fleck.

Reactions: husker2612
We should be 7-2 right now. 20 years of bone headed and weak mentality that causes them to lose games that shouldn't be close. Their is still a lot of quit, a lot of soft, a lot of weak minded players still on the team that quit as soon as the going gets tough. Those players will be gone soon enough.
Can you be more specific on which players are soft, weak minded & quit?

Well, yes maybe a little over the top... but no more over the top than the OP saying if we lose then start the coaching search or he can walk home... I mean come on... I’m not going to just say temper your expectations, then not at least back up my stance with what I see going on... some may do that but I like to at least give my reasoning or my thoughts process before running my mouth... or I guess in these instance running my keyboard

i can understand that and fair enough.

I'm not going to bet my bank account on it...but...

1. I said we would be bad up until this bye week..likely have a losing record.
2. We would look really good against Wisky...and might lose but be an acceptable loss.
3. And possibly win out after...I see us getting 6 wins... and finishing strong.

this very well could happen. The team hasn’t cashed it in and they are still fighting hard. We all know Scott Frost and this staff is bustling their collective asses off trying to get something figured out. I could definitely see a team with some big time fire coming out of this by week. But Adrain Martinez has got to get something going or two: Frost has got to consider letting McCaffrey roll at QB.

Reactions: husker2612
What if we make no progress by this time next year? Bad execution, poor effort, etc. Will Frost be on cusp of getting canned? I don’t even want to imagine getting to that point because I really do like Frost. But eventually we gotta turn the corner.
I do think you will start to see subtle improvement, the difficult thing to do is to rinse yourself of decades of failure, decades of brain wash, decades of me vs the world, and decades of quit... next year may put our record at the exact same as where we are today, but I’d expect to see better execution... the coaches can only do so much, they can call the plays and demand to see hustle, but at the end of the day how many of the players that look out for numero uno are you able to part with and still even give yourself a fighting chance while still grooming your future... the coaches have to look at the big picture and that requires building depth... it will get there but it will take time people, and foreign coaches every 2-5 years isn’t always going to be the answer... give them a chance to change the culture and then see where it goes from there

I been saying that myself and it’s true. We are right there (outside the OSU and Minn games) and very easily could be 7-2 now. And if we was even with our current struggles, you wouldn’t see over half the crap being said like it is now.

8-16 2 years in is undoing 20 years of shit? If this guys wasnt named Scott Frost he would have already been fired. FSU fired Taggert who won 1 more game then Frost in that time span. I sure as shit hope Im wrong and we win out and win the west next year. But I dont see anything to indicate he will ever be more than a .500 coach here.

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
8-16 2 years in is undoing 20 years of shit? If this guys wasnt named Scott Frost he would have already been fired. FSU fired Taggert who won 1 more game then Frost in that time span. I sure as shit hope Im wrong and we win out and win the west next year. But I dont see anything to indicate he will ever be more than a .500 coach here.

And you’re right, our Head Coaches name is Scott Frost and we all know the mans a legit Head Coach. He is young himself and he makes mistakes too but don’t mistake it, he will have our Huskers playing some big boy football (depends on definition of “BIG BOY” football). I’ll say it again, yes we are struggling now but once we have guys like Bryce Benhart, Turner Corcoran, Luke McCaffrey, Z Betts and Wan’dale Robinson playing as juniors and up...things will look a lot different then they do now. GBR

Why is Frost still playing those soft, weak-minded players? We have 154 players on the team, but he can't find 22 that won't quit? Why does he keep putting the Davis twins out there? Are Thomas, Green, Wildeman, Rogers, Walker, etc. that bad? Why not give these younger guys a shot if they will at least play hard?

You can't keep blaming the players if you won't hold them accountable.

Why is Frost still playing those soft, weak-minded players? We have 154 players on the team, but he can't find 22 that won't quit? Why does he keep putting the Davis twins out there? Are Thomas, Green, Wildeman, Rogers, Walker, etc. that bad? Why not give these younger guys a shot if they will at least play hard?

You can't keep blaming the players if you won't hold them accountable.

that’s easy, because they guy that are playing now are the best we got that are not redshirting this year. That’s literally how bad Frost has it right now. We have no in between players from who’s playing now and true freshmen redshirting this year. And if we did, we probably look a little better on Saturdays.

Yeah I feel your pain, but they won't even start looking for another coach until year 4 or 5 of shitty results. He's on a 7 year contract, it takes time to fix a broken program, and we absolutely could not find anyone better than him at the moment.

I was wrong on Frost, he at least has terrible judgment bringing his whole staff with him. I can't recommend a replacement other than KState's coach. Crazy, just crazy, I'd never would have thought Frost would be a total bust here. His choice of staff for a big time program is very disappointing .

I was wrong on Frost, he at least has terrible judgment bringing his whole staff with him. I can't recommend a replacement other than KState's coach. Crazy, just crazy, I'd never would have thought Frost would be a total bust here. His choice of staff for a big time program is very disappointing .
I'm not sure I can blame him too much because of what they accomplished at UCF. But the real test will come after this season when we see if he makes some changes.

I'm not sure I can blame him too much because of what they accomplished at UCF. But the real test will come after this season when we see if he makes some changes.

And that’s just it. Frost trusted those guys and assumed and hoped they’d have the same success here in Nebraska. The biggest question is, will he make the changes that are needed to be made? Frost himself is a good Head Coach, that part I have no doubt in my mind. But I do agree, there some Assistant coaches and maybe a DC that needs to be considered being let go of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT