ADVERTISEMENT

If we go 0-11 or 0-12

No need.. we won only 4 games last year and got the #1 pick this year in Frost!!

Frost will either lead this program to relevance or it will be mired into a non-existence program.Bottom line ,it either works or we will be like the bottom of the barrel.Just my thoughts.

Frost does his best work when starting with a winless team, that's just a fact. This is all part of the path to an undefeated season in 2020.

Frost will either lead this program to relevance or it will be mired into a non-existence program.Bottom line ,it either works or we will be like the bottom of the barrel.Just my thoughts.

If Scott Frost can't even bring us back to relevance.....just hire the best service academy coach and run the option. We won't win championships, but we haven't done that the last 20 years anyway. At least have discipline and an identity that's easy to recruit to here.

But I believe Frost will get us back there. It's just going to take longer than we want. This won't be a 2-year turnaround like UCF.

I kinda feel like this. I don't think Frost will ever have a hotseat. If he leaves its because he wants to, because he has concluded that he can't get NU back to national prominence, and maybe he wants to try at Florida. And frankly, if Frost can't do it for us, I'm not sure who can.

If Scott Frost can't even bring us back to relevance.....just hire the best service academy coach and run the option. We won't win championships, but we haven't done that the last 20 years anyway. At least have discipline and an identity that's easy to recruit to here.

But I believe Frost will get us back there. It's just going to take longer than we want. This won't be a 2-year turnaround like UCF.

Reactions: ssmill777
My question is what is relevance to the fan base? Will the fans be happy if he is consistently winning 9-10 games a year but maybe doesn't reach the playoff or Natty game for 8-10 yrs or maybe even longer. Maybe OSU or Michigan or PSU or who ever is a thorn in his side like Oklahoma was for Osborne for many years. It took Osborne like 22yrs to break through for the Natty. Is college football just that much different we won't wait that long? Remembing Osborne almost leaving early on if that happened who knows what may have happened to the program. I'm just curious on people's thoughts on what they would be content with until Frost broke through that Natty wall?

Reactions: SOHusker11
I have great admiration for Scott Frost. I think we've already seen signs of drastic improvement over last year. No, not in the record, but the way this team played against Colorado was noticeably different than the year before. Unfortunately, he was forced to go to his third string, walk-on QB in a game against a competitive team in Troy and things didn't work out. The sun will rise.

All that said, I don't understand this defeatist attitude of "If Scott Frost can't do it, no one can". Come on. This program, the facilities, the fan base, the tradition is better than any one man. If Frost doesn't get it done, decides to go elsewhere, or hangs it up or whatever... this does not reflect "the end". I swear Husker fans love drama.

Bingo!

I kinda feel like this. I don't think Frost will ever have a hotseat..
TO definitely thought he was on the hot seat for several years and that was at a time he had never been close to a losing season. If Frost isn’t winning a lot of games by year 3, he will for sure feel the heat. He didn’t do himself any favors by stating a few months ago that we’d be very good next year. I’d bet he’d like a mulligan on that prediction, although schedule is more favorable.

look at the bright side one year frost's team in florida lost all their games, the next year they won them all :Cool:

look at the bright side one year frost's team in florida lost all their games, the next year they won them all :Cool:
No they didn't. They lost all their games the year before Frost got there. His first year they won 6 or 7, I believe.

Reactions: ssmill777
ADVERTISEMENT