If this doesn’t prove masks are useless

jbt25

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2010
Nothing will get through to you. Douglas County just reported the highest incidence of Covid cases in a month October than any other month since it started

Why am I still Covid free when I’m the only one not wearing masks when I go out and about there’s never been more masculine use and we just had the biggest spike ever what does that tell you once again

A either masks don’t work and they may be contributing to the increase in cases or

B. People are transmitting the virus and contracting the virus in places where masks are never going to be required family gatherings at home. bars restaurants etc. you can’t have your mask up the whole time

they’re also happening in schools where there’s never been more mask use.

Spread the news nobody should be wearing a mask if you’re healthy for a .003% death rate when the flu is .1 to .4 every year

https://ketv.com/article/douglas-co...rd-421-new-cases-of-covid-19/34533906?src=app

corvettez06

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha
Lets take this to a local level. Only those who live in or work Douglas county Nebraska please comment.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Nothing will get through to you. Douglas County just reported the highest incidence of Covid cases in a month October than any other month since it started

Why am I still Covid free when I’m the only one not wearing masks when I go out and about there’s never been more masculine use and we just had the biggest spike ever what does that tell you once again

A either masks don’t work and they may be contributing to the increase in cases or

B. People are transmitting the virus and contracting the virus in places where masks are never going to be required family gatherings at home. bars restaurants etc. you can’t have your mask up the whole time

Spread the news nobody should be wearing a mask if you’re healthy for a .003% death rate when the flu is .1 to .4 every year

https://ketv.com/article/douglas-co...rd-421-new-cases-of-covid-19/34533906?src=app

Once again a bunch of anecdotal evidence, plus a straight up lie for the COVID vs Flu death rate. Good job OP at never disappointing.

oldred

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Lincoln

Maybe a lot of people are not wearing mask or social distancing when out. Also people may be having get togethers without both things happening.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)

I was talking to a doctor and he told me masks are worn during surgery because they actually do work.

Hope this helps.

corvettez06

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha
OP, please don't wear a mask. Go to your local ICU and inhale all the coronas!
I thought the mask was not to protect the OP but for him to be a patriot and protect others incase he is sick. So you wishing him not to wear a mask and go to an ICU for what reason???

Reactions: HuskerCK

corvettez06

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha
I was talking to a doctor and he told me masks are worn during surgery because they actually do work.

Hope this helps.
And after surgery? Because we all are constantly present over bodies

Hope this helps.
And did you ask outside of surgery?

ehenningsen

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2004
omaha
Not only that, but the actual city of Omaha is less than half the population of the metro area.

We need the other communities to contribute to the cause

Reactions: nelsonj22

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
I thought the mask was not to protect the OP but for him to be a patriot and protect others incase he is sick. So you wishing him not to wear a mask and go to an ICU for what reason???
The joke was that I wanted him to catch Covid.

Reactions: bldhuskerred

BOBEBASS

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2001
One good thing about Covid. People are hardly dying of the flu anymore. It's making flu deaths disappear at an amazing rate.

Aghusker

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2001
Maybe a lot of people are not wearing mask or social distancing when out. Also people may be having get togethers without both things happening.
So then you admit mask mandates don’t work as public policy?

Aghusker

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2001
I am saying that mask work if people use them and follow the rules but then you knew that.
And you are also saying that mask mandates don’t work for general public, as evidenced around the globe.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
And you are also saying that mask mandates don’t work for general public, as evidenced around the globe.
I love the whole "masks don't work because everyone won't wear them" line of BS. derp derp

jkeb

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2005

From RCTs done on viral transmission before it became political

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007

As I posted in May (link below) there are a lot of problems with this meta-analysis, including straight up misrepresentation of the data from papers the authors are analyzing.

jkeb

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2005
As I posted in May (link below) there are a lot of problems with this meta-analysis, including straight up misrepresentation of the data from papers the authors are analyzing.

Thanks, I don't know what I'd do without you here to correct these.

Aghusker

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2001
I love the whole "masks don't work because everyone won't wear them" line of BS. derp derp
Otherwise known as the real world. That’s how you decide what to do as public policy. Kinda like drug war on paper works but not in real world. Let the big boys handle it, don’t strain the brain.

• Haha
Reactions: nelsonj22

Aghusker

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2001

So we are supposed to believe you, random internet dude, over CDC?? Good lord.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Otherwise known as the real world. That’s how you decide what to do as public policy. Kinda like drug war on paper works but not in real world. Let the big boys handle it, don’t strain the brain.
So the same could be said for child molestation laws too right? Really that could fit every law on the book. You're right get rid of them all 🤮

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
I fully agree we should legalize all drugs, and everything that only fvcks up ONESELF, masks fvck up others similar to drunk drivers or chomo's

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
So we are supposed to believe you, random internet dude, over CDC?? Good lord.

You can believe what you want, you obviously already do.

That said, I actually link the original papers and talk specifically about the data that is misrepresented. Do with that what you will.

Aghusker

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2001
So the same could be said for child molestation laws too right? Really that could fit every law on the book. You're right get rid of them all 🤮
Laws punish after the fact, they don’t claim to stop it from ever occurring.

HuskerCK

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
I have personally seen twice now, where one family member has been Covid positive, yet no other family members get it. Zero mask worn inside their homes, even after diagnosis! Weird!!

Latest posts