ADVERTISEMENT

IF the BOB rumor mill is true,

Sorry, I was talking realistically and not hypothetically. Urban isn't coming here. But I'll play along, if he said he was coming here for three years, I'd be fine with it and hope that he left the program much better than he found it.
I guess going back to your original quick fix vs rebuild question - what's the difference? Realistically? When you say you've never seen a program in "win now" mode sustain success, I really don't understand what you mean. I think there are tons of teams in "win now" mode (ie expecting success every year) that sustain success. Maybe we're just not talking about the same thing. I think, whoever is hired, Nebraska fans should expect success next year, especially with NIL and the portal.

BoB probably isn't the flashiest hire, but he's taken over a similar trash fire and made Penn State respectable.

I guess going back to your original quick fix vs rebuild question - what's the difference? Realistically? When you say you've never seen a program in "win now" mode sustain success, I really don't understand what you mean. I think there are tons of teams in "win now" mode (ie expecting success every year) that sustain success. Maybe we're just not talking about the same thing. I think, whoever is hired, Nebraska fans should expect success next year, especially with NIL and the portal.
To my line of thinking, "win now" is a mind set that leads to taking a gamble on kids with character issues, heavier reliance on ready made players like transfers, recruiting HS kids who come in with a higher floor but limited ceiling, bringing in transfers who are injured or coming off multiple injuries. Bring in multiple transfers who play the same spot and just throw numbers at a position. And then making decisions within the spring and fall season that favors the short term over long term. In short, "win now" involves taking a lot of chances.

Does TA request he comes in now and starts the job?? Bye-week now, game prep next week... hmmmm

This gives him MJ a chance to bond.
Bama is out of the playoffs since they lost one game ;)
Gives him extra time to start recruiting.
Makes him less likely to get a new job since he screwed his old program.
Gives NU extra pub since it is a mid-season hire.
dude what are you even talking about. get real

I cant believe how many of you think this has even a 0.000001% chance of happening. Zero chance. These types of statements and following responses make me realize why we suck and are the laughing stock of college football. Also makes me think we will continue to suck forever. A fan base that has the intelligence of a 12 year old and enjoys throwing balloons in the sky as a full grown man. Embarrassing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT