ADVERTISEMENT

IF the BOB rumor mill is true,

HuskerOH

Senior
Dec 4, 2007
El Ranchito Dominican Republic
Does TA request he comes in now and starts the job?? Bye-week now, game prep next week... hmmmm

This gives him MJ a chance to bond.
Bama is out of the playoffs since they lost one game ;)
Gives him extra time to start recruiting.
Makes him less likely to get a new job since he screwed his old program.
Gives NU extra pub since it is a mid-season hire.

Does TA request he comes in now and starts the job?? Bye-week now, game prep next week... hmmmm

Gosh I hope its not him. He'd be better than Frost, but I believe we can do much better

No way.

Nick Satan wouldnt permit that.

I'm still not sold this BoB stuff is legit, anyway.

GBR

Idk why people hate on Bill O. 15-9 at Penn St. with all the shit going on. And was good in Houston until he became the GM too. Working under saben now. Checks all the boxes of what people want. My list has always been 1. Bill O and 2 Mickey.
College coaches have GM-like responsibilities. If BOB was to be just a coach, sure. But it's more than that, which is why people like me don't want him and would rather have Campbell who I also really don't want.

For the record, I could be fine with literally almost anybody else whose been mentioned as potential candidates. Less so with BOB

College coaches have GM-like responsibilities. If BOB was to be just a coach, sure. But it's more than that, which is why people like me don't want him and would rather have Campbell who I also really don't want.

For the record, I could be fine with literally almost anybody else whose been mentioned as potential candidates. Less so with BOB
There’s a big difference between NFL GM and college coach in that a GM has to make decisions that potentially affect the team in the short term for long term success. That part was not good for BOB. Huge blunder.

A college coach isn’t bound by a salary cap where by trading away a star you free up cap space which could prove helpful. College coaches have 85 scholarships. No reason to trade away stars for down the road success.

I don’t think his failures as a GM should be a reason for him not being a good coach. He did good things when he was just the coach, both in college and pro.

Just my thoughts.

It's the chin
jim-carrey-lol.gif

Idk why people hate on Bill O. 15-9 at Penn St. with all the shit going on. And was good in Houston until he became the GM too. Working under saben now. Checks all the boxes of what people want. My list has always been 1. Bill O and 2 Mickey.
O'Brien wants all the power over everything. For him to come to NU he would most likely want to be Head Coach, Athletic Director and Pres of NU.

This hire would be shocking. Shocking in that I didn’t think we would land such an experienced and potentially fantastic candidate. He will no doubt have a shot at an SEC school soon enough, so lock him up. Dude would take control of the program and there would be no doubt about the goals or direction.

Reactions: dinglefritz
There’s a big difference between NFL GM and college coach in that a GM has to make decisions that potentially affect the team in the short term for long term success. That part was not good for BOB. Huge blunder.

A college coach isn’t bound by a salary cap where by trading away a star you free up cap space which could prove helpful. College coaches have 85 scholarships. No reason to trade away stars for down the road success.

I don’t think his failures as a GM should be a reason for him not being a good coach. He did good things when he was just the coach, both in college and pro.

Just my thoughts.
I guess that's fair. Not quite apples to apples as I was suspecting it might be. I suppose his GM experience in the role of college HC as you framed could be beneficial as far as having a vision for the program, executing functions both for short term and long term success.

I still don't know wtf he was trying to do as GM with the Texans lol head scratcher for sure and I'm not even a Texans fan. But I guess it might but translate in such a potentially cataclysmic way as it did for a pro team.

Lord knows he couldn't be worse than Frost, so there's that.

I saw more rumors today that university employees said Aranda was going to be our next coach. TA probably doesn't know yet.

Well I guarantee you based on what I saw at Penn State he would work his ass off, hold people accountable, run a football first organization and not get involved in chasing woman and getting drunk or playing golf.

I guess that's fair. Not quite apples to apples as I was suspecting it might be. I suppose his GM experience in the role of college HC as you framed could be beneficial as far as having a vision for the program, executing functions both for short term and long term success.

I still don't know wtf he was trying to do as GM with the Texans lol head scratcher for sure and I'm not even a Texans fan. But I guess it might but translate in such a potentially cataclysmic way as it did for a pro team.

Lord knows he couldn't be worse than Frost, so there's that.
The problem for a head trying to be the GM is that in some ways they’re conflicting roles. A coach can be sympathetic to a players concerns about management IF the coach isn’t the GM. The only guy who has successfully pulled off doing both has been Belichik

Reactions: BleedRed78
For context recruiting initially was going very well under O’Brien at Penn State albeit on paper especially considering the circumstances. He had some good kids committed and looked to be well on his way to a top 15 or 20 class and then the sanctions hit and numerous kids bailed.

Not sure what people expected at PSU for BOB on the recruiting front? You all do remember what happened, right? Post-season 4 year ban, something like 1/2 their scholarships lost. Dozens of players allowed to transfer with immediate eligibility. People seriously expected him to recruit well in that situation?

Like who, Urban Meyer or Hugh Freeze who will never come here?
Urban Meyer is definitely a stretch. He's accomplished a lot already and if I had his money, I'd throw mine away.

Hugh Freeze is not so much a stretch. He still wants to coach and he is at Liberty, not exactly a destination job. The only reason I believe Freeze wouldn't want to come to Lincoln is that he has never wandered away from the south lands. Lambuth is in Tennessee, Ole Miss in Mississippi, and Liberty in Virginia. He also coached in Briarcrest TN, and @ Arkansas St. His playing days were in Mississippi.

He probably would like to stay in the south, but this would be an excellent opportunity for him and a new start with a chance to put his name on the map in a positive fashion. HE WINS AT FOOTBALL. His 12 years as a head coach and has a tremendous sample size compared to about 10 other coaches I've seen posted. His bowl record is 6-2 on the field.

Well I guarantee you based on what I saw at Penn State he would work his ass off, hold people accountable, run a football first organization and not get involved in chasing woman and getting drunk or playing golf.
Yeah, he doesn't strike me as a hot tub, Busch light kind of guy

Reactions: headcard
Hugh Freeze is not so much a stretch. He still wants to coach and he is at Liberty, not exactly a destination job. The only reason I believe Freeze wouldn't want to come to Lincoln is that he has never wandered away from the south lands. Lambuth is in Tennessee, Ole Miss in Mississippi, and Liberty in Virginia. He also coached in Briarcrest TN, and @ Arkansas St. His playing days were in Mississippi.
Plus, the lack of hookers in Nebraska.

Urban Meyer is definitely a stretch. He's accomplished a lot already and if I had his money, I'd throw mine away.

He probably would like to stay in the south, but this would be an excellent opportunity for him and a new start with a chance to put his name on the map in a positive fashion. HE WINS AT FOOTBALL. His 12 years as a head coach and has a tremendous sample size compared to about 10 other coaches I've seen posted. His bowl record is 6-2 on the field.
anyone know how to make grits?

• Love
Reactions: Sinomatic
Those 8-9 win seasons can be a launching point for bigger things—in time—with a motivated coach.
Light-years better than being the best 3-9 team in college football history.

Fuch you, crotch rot and nutsonhischin.

Fuch you, too; smallredbeliever, crotch rot's little butt-boy Flanders.

Reactions: blackbones
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT