ADVERTISEMENT

If the Big 12 dissolved...

Skerz81

Walk On
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
Would the B1G take Kansas and possibly Iowa St? There is a report that Kansas has a call set up to discuss joining. I say dump Maryland and Rutgers and take Kansas, Iowa st, k-state and a Texas team (for recruiting). I know this will not happen but I can dream.

• Haha
Reactions: BC Hawk and WHCSC
ISU and KSU would probably the last two schools the B1G would want.

Reactions: bradjens
If the B12 dissolves then that changes everything as there most likely wouldn't be as severe of financial repercussions to overcome... then divisions are free to pickup the schools that make the most sense without fear of breaking the bank to get them... in THAT scenario, yes, KU & ISU would make sense given their AAU affiliation... not sure if the B1G would then go ahead and grab KSU/OSU while at it or not as I'm not sure they fit with the B1G... hard to say

For how they treated NU, I hope they all end up in the Mountain West or C.USA. They can look forward to action packed saturdays against UTEP, Northern Texas, and Utah State.
What do you mean "how they treated NU"? Can you give specifics and not just a broad statement. The only thing I can remember is there was an 11-1 vote in favor of eliminating partial qualifiers. I can see that because these are educational institutions with educators voting....not coaches.

What do you mean "how they treated NU"? Can you give specifics and not just a broad statement. The only thing I can remember is there was an 11-1 vote in favor of eliminating partial qualifiers. I can see that because these are educational institutions with educators voting....not coaches.
They're still butt hurt over the vote against partial qualifiers, but yet they will always say that they are a better academic institution.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Nebraska was butthurt over partial qualifiers, and it became a moot point when the NCAA eliminated that. So really Nebraska was just pissed it became not only Oklahoma's but also Texas's bitch.

Had Nebraska cranked out football championships in the Big XII it would still be there today.

NU fans act like every institution in the Big 12 was against NU because they were cuddling up to UT. Did you ever think that these schools were voting for what they think was best for their own school? What good would it be to vote with UT if it was against the best interest of their own school. Administrators did the voting and they are interested in bettering their school. Why was NU against eliminating partial qualifiers in the first place? Aren't improving educational standards always a goal of an educational institution? A&M wanted out of the Big 12 because of Texas. They are long time rivals of UT like OU is. But Colorado and Missouri had nothing against Texas. They just wanted to be in what they felt was a better conference and one closer to their culture. NU was the only school that was butthurt....and they soon felt the same way in the Big 10.....a pattern?

Pretty sure the CCG with 1 second back on the clock factored in, as well as the parting game against Texas A&M 16-2 penalty differential with so many horse crap calls in that game were exhibit A and exhibit B…

Don’t forget, once Texas joined, the entire conference shifted from KC to Texas… and not simply because that was better for all the schools. It was because Texas wanted it.

Now Texas wants to leave the Big 12, I wonder what all the other schools Think about Texas now? Im sure they aren’t pissed st all… this is in their best interests after all.

It appears the Pac-10, which has its meetings in San Francisco starting this weekend, is prepared to make a bold move and invite Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado to join its league, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

Left out would be Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska and Missouri.

Dr. Tom surveying the complete traitors to the big 8 decided at long last, after multiple 1-11 votes, the longhorn network worship, the big 10 champ game and offices in texas, the hatred of people like jared tomich, looking for a way....etc etc etc..
perhaps devany was right...perhaps the big 10 was better path.
delany was called to start the process of liberation.
looking back it all seems so clear now.....the people going astray bowing to the burnt orange calf,
could not and would not be part of the good life.

Last edited:
It appears the Pac-10, which has its meetings in San Francisco starting this weekend, is prepared to make a bold move and invite Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado to join its league, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

Left out would be Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska and Missouri.

Dr. Tom surveying the complete traitors to the big 8 decided at long last, after multiple 1-11 votes, the longhorn network worship, the big 10 champ game and offices in texas, the hatred of people like jared tomich, looking for a way....etc etc etc..
perhaps devany was right...perhaps the big 10 was better path.
delany was called to start the process of liberation.
looking back it all seems so clear now.....the people going astray bowing to the burnt orange calf,
could not and would not be part of the good life.
Too many beers.

Reactions: redwine65
Too many beers.

It doesn’t matter what the PAC does. They have no leverage or financial juice to force their plans on anyone unless it’s the ones left out. I hope Nebraska can somehow work their way into a good position because this current move by the SEC is a knock out punch to college football hierarchy.

It doesn’t matter what the PAC does. They have no leverage or financial juice to force their plans on anyone unless it’s the ones left out. I hope Nebraska can somehow work their way into a good position because this current move by the SEC is a knock out punch to college football hierarchy.
excuse me I should have mentioned the pac deal was a past event, used for historical context.
as far as any future troubles, we will pass them in due time.

excuse me I should have mentioned the pac deal was a past event, used for historical context.
as far as any future troubles, we will pass them in due time.

Sorry mate, didn’t mean to disagree with anyone. Only meant to voice what’s obviously going on and it’s an SEC power play that is clearly disrupting the landscape of college football. Debate it all you want but if the newer rumors are true there’s going to be a very small pot of money left over after they wreck havoc on the world as we know it.

Im a major traditionalist and love how the college world was regional and created beautiful sectional rivalries but if you can’t see how this is moving to an NFL lite you’re missing the message. NIL and the demise of the NCAA are the big indicators of massive change. What we knew is over and over by a LOT

Sorry mate, didn’t mean to disagree with anyone. Only meant to voice what’s obviously going on and it’s an SEC power play that is clearly disputing the landscape of college football. Debate it all you want but if the newer rumors are true there’s going to be a very small pot of money left over after they wreck havoc on the world as we know it.
I think we are sitting pretty good in the big, we can add who we want, get payed and enjoy watching bama play texas.
whats "NIL" mean?

Last edited:
NU fans act like every institution in the Big 12 was against NU because they were cuddling up to UT. Did you ever think that these schools were voting for what they think was best for their own school? What good would it be to vote with UT if it was against the best interest of their own school. Administrators did the voting and they are interested in bettering their school. Why was NU against eliminating partial qualifiers in the first place? Aren't improving educational standards always a goal of an educational institution? A&M wanted out of the Big 12 because of Texas. They are long time rivals of UT like OU is. But Colorado and Missouri had nothing against Texas. They just wanted to be in what they felt was a better conference and one closer to their culture. NU was the only school that was butthurt....and they soon felt the same way in the Big 10.....a pattern?
How that work out for em? Now OU and Whorns Down both wanting out.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I think we are sitting pretty good in the big, we can add who we want, get payed and enjoy watching bama play texas.
whats "NIL" mean?

I don’t think we’re sitting pretty. There might be truth to the newest rumors of OHST and MICH. They haven’t denied it. Nobody would have predicted TX and OU to the SEC either. If Mich and Ohio St happens the B1G is finished and Nebraska would be smart to burn the phone lines and make sure we’re in the discussion. If not we’re stuck with the nobodys and us traditionalists are left behind because of historical passion.

I don’t think we’re sitting pretty. There might be truth to the newest rumors of OHST and MICH. They haven’t denied it. Nobody would have predicted TX and OU to the SEC either. If Mich and Ohio St happens the B1G is finished and Nebraska would be smart to burn the phone lines and make sure we’re in the discussion. If not we’re stuck with the nobodys and us traditionalists are left behind because of historical passion.
People have been predicting UT and OU going to either the SEC or Pac12 for years. OSU and Michigan are going nowhere, and even if they did the Big10 still carries a lot of weight. The rest of the college world would just dissociate themselves from the new super-conference and have 90% of the media markets in the country.

Just think about it. If the SEC added OU, UT. OSU and Michigan why would any other team want to be a part of that yearly gauntlet?

People have been predicting UT and OU going to either the SEC or Pac12 for years. OSU and Michigan are going nowhere, and even if they did the Big10 still carries a lot of weight. The rest of the college world would just dissociate themselves from the new super-conference and have 90% of the media markets in the country.

Just think about it. If the SEC added OU, UT. OSU and Michigan why would any other team want to be a part of that yearly gauntlet?

Pondering OU and TX leaving is different than it actually happening. It’s the biggest move in college football of all time. Marginalizing it would be foolish when so many other changes are upon us (NIL especially). There’s going to be teams that setup departments for paying players and it’s now LEGAL. The SEC has that market cornered. Money rules and that is a monster change in the landscape.

If Mich and Ohio St leave there is minimal money left over. Mich and Ohio St are the broadcasting cash cows and carry the biggest brands and potential for NIL money. If you can’t see how this will exploit recruiting I don’t know what to say. We better get in front of all this or we’re left behind.

There is a lot of “head in sand” going on for many teams.

Reactions: BleedRed78

heck they can add usc and nd too.....for all I care....

Pondering OU and TX leaving is different than it actually happening. It’s the biggest move in college football of all time. Marginalizing it would be foolish when so many other changes are upon us (NIL especially). There’s going to be teams that setup departments for paying players and it’s now LEGAL. The SEC has that market cornered. Money rules and that is a monster change in the landscape.

If Mich and Ohio St leave there is minimal money left over. Mich and Ohio St are the broadcasting cash cows and carry the biggest brands and potential for NIL money. If you can’t see how this will exploit recruiting I don’t know what to say. We better get in front of all this or we’re left behind.

So let the 8 or 9 teams that can pay players big dollars just leave and be a minor-league for the NFL. The vast majority of colleges don't need multibillion dollar media contracts to put a product on the field that satisfies the fan base. If Texas and Alabama and OSU want to have their own league, let them. Maybe they could just join the NFL since that's what they think they are on the level of.

What good would it be to vote with UT if it was against the best interest of their own school.
So,...... did those schools accomplish what was "best" for their respective schools (the ones that are now, present day, holding the bag, scrambling to find a conference?)

What was ultimately accomplished was driving any counterweight to Texas out of the conference.

Texas and little bro Oklahoma were always going to be fine if they stuck together. Whether it was staying in the B12, leaving to the PAC 12, moving to the SEC, or something else.

Now a bunch of former big 12 members get to go begging for a conference.

Nebraska figured it out. TAMU figured it out. Missouri figured it out -- after spending years begging for an invite to the BIG they finally secured one from the SEC. Didn't take a genius to see it coming. Just a matter of timing.

Last edited:
According to 2021 U.S News and World Report both schools were ranked 133rd....tied. So your statement is incorrect.
Again I will stand by that During the time of voting for partial qualifiers in the newly formed conference Nebraska football team had a higher graduation rate than Oklahoma football team..

And I wouldn’t doubt that they still do now too..

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
So,...... did those schools accomplish what was "best" for their respective schools (the ones that are now, present day, holding the bag, scrambling to find a conference?)

What was ultimately accomplished was driving any counterweight to Texas out of the conference.

Texas and little bro Oklahoma were always going to be fine if they stuck together. Whether it was staying in the B12, leaving to the PAC 12, moving to the SEC, or something else.

Now a bunch of former big 12 members get to go begging for a conference.

Nebraska figured it out. TAMU figured it out. Missouri figured it out -- after spending years begging for an invite to the BIG they finally secured one from the SEC. Didn't take a genius to see it coming. Just a matter of timing.
The vote I was speaking about was about 25 years ago or so and it was not a vote for football or sports in general but a vote on educational standards. Most educators are concerned about academic standards....not how a student will perform on the football field. And the vote was 11-1. So yes, the schools that voted to improve academic standards accomplished that goal. That vote didn't then or now have any bearing on their situation regarding their sports programs. Thinking that the vote then was in any way to apease UT is ridiculous. NU fans spout that theory often but never say how the schools would benefit if they voted for academic standards because UT wanted them to. They voted for their own benefit and not to appease UT. Another question is why did NU not vote for increasing academic standards. It would seem that almost all academic institutions would want and strive to increase academic standards. It would appear that NU valued football considerations over academic standards.

It’s funny you‘re the one that complained about partial qualifiers yet Nebraska had a higher graduation rate amongst it’s football players during that time than OU had…

Which program was on probation during their time in the conference I might add?
When were they not on probation?

Ohio State and Michigan aren't leaving. You're wasting your brain cells trying to make more of this than it is. Just like ESPN. Derp.

Another question is why did NU not vote for increasing academic standards. It would seem that almost all academic institutions would want and strive to increase academic standards. It would appear that NU valued football considerations over academic standards.
Admissions standards and academic standards are not the same thing. You can have lower admissions standards and not compromise your academic standards. Land-grant universities such as UNL and Oklahoma State University were established to provide an education to the working class and to provide service to the state in which they're located.

Reactions: timnsun
Maryland and Rutgers are not good football programs, but they are large media markets. The B1G added them for expanded media markets. Kansas, K-State, and Iowa State bring nothing to the table for the B1G.

Reactions: cicero grimes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT