ADVERTISEMENT

If the B10 cancels the season

slwags

Sophomore
Jan 7, 2004
Can Nebraska go independent for a year and schedule a bunch of games on their own?

Can Nebraska go independent for a year and schedule a bunch of games on their own?
No, B1G isn't going to cancel the season. They will just delay the season until Spring. By that time it is probable that a vaccine or vaccines will be available.

Since you're not going to have "two seasons within a year", if that happens, there will be NO football games for Nebraska or any other B1G teams this Fall.

No, B1G isn't going to cancel the season. They will just delay the season until Spring. By that time it is probable that a vaccine or vaccines will be available.

Since you're not going to have "two seasons within a year", if that happens, there will be NO football games for Nebraska or any other B1G teams this Fall.
or next fall, if your logic follows.

f*&# that.

or next fall, if your logic follows.

f*&# that.
No, I don't see Fall 2021 affected. They'll want to maintain that. The virus should be controlled by Fall 2021 OR we're all in deep you know what.

The 3 legit choices IMO are: 1) just completely skipping the season and waiting for Fall 2021 (unlikely IMO due to money involved), 2) delaying the season until Spring (looking more probable by the day IMO) or 3) proceeding with an altered Fall 2020 season.

No, I don't see Fall 2021 affected. They'll want to maintain that. The virus should be controlled by Fall 2021 OR we're all in deep you know what.

The 3 legit choices IMO are: 1) just completely skipping the season and waiting for Fall 2021 (unlikely IMO due to money involved), 2) delaying the season until Spring (looking more probable by the day IMO) or 3) proceeding with an altered Fall 2020 season.
so, they can play 2 seasons within a year?

Moos said spring football is the last resort and no one wants any part of it with also having to deal with playing Volleyball, Baseball and Softball all going on at once..

so, they can play 2 seasons within a year?
Well no, maybe I didn't explain it properly. But IF you allowed Nebraska to unilaterally have a season this Fall, then participate in a B1G spring and finally a normal B1G Fall 2021 season - it's just not likely IMO.

I would view it as 2 schedules of playing within about 6 months followed by another 2021 Fall schedule. That's 3 campaigns within a short time. Big physical toll on the players.

Moos said spring football is the last resort and no one wants any part of it with also having to deal with playing Volleyball, Baseball and Softball all going on at once..
That's Moos negotiating position now. He (and most of us) obviously want a "normal" season this Fall. But we don't control the Covid situation at other B1G schools like Rutgers. Moos likely will rapidly change his view if it's no football this Fall, nothing in the Spring and waiting until Fall 2021. His concern then will be revenue driven and accept Spring ball as a consolation vs. nothing.

I honestly hate how Kevin warren is handling the pandemic. He is acting more like the big 10 is the Ivy League than the big ten. For god sake even the liberals in the pac 12 have a schedule and plan out. Already miss Delaney

Why does it matter? Why not wait as long as you can?

Why does it matter? Why not wait as long as you can?
To me it doesn’t make sense to wait if we truly are expecting a second wave. We know teams are going to get infected so to me having as much wiggle room as possible makes sense unless u don’t plan to play. To me big 12 has performed the most logical approach of u want to play and it’s start early and push through

Reactions: TheBeav815
That's Moos negotiating position now. He (and most of us) obviously want a "normal" season this Fall. But we don't control the Covid situation at other B1G schools like Rutgers. Moos likely will rapidly change his view if it's no football this Fall, nothing in the Spring and waiting until Fall 2021. His concern then will be revenue driven and accept Spring ball as a consolation vs. nothing.

They wouldn’t risk not playing in the fall of 2021, therefore IF they play in the spring It would most likely a 6 game shorten spring...

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Yessir. Can't wait. Time to relive some Frosty magic. Season opener @ Wahoo-Neumann. Nine wins is nine wins after all. This game should put A-Magic right at the top of the Heisman list.

Hell yeah, this is what I want. 2020 is a wash anyways, I just want to see us play and gain some confidence and excitement back. Frosty needs to improve his W-L record as well.

I honestly hate how Kevin warren is handling the pandemic. He is acting more like the big 10 is the Ivy League than the big ten. For god sake even the liberals in the pac 12 have a schedule and plan out. Already miss Delaney

I agree, I hate how the B10 perceives itself as the Ivy League of the power 5. I never did like the move to the B10. I get it that we did it for the money but just look how we’ve wasted that in the past 10 years..

Let’s wait till tomorrow and see what Warren has planned.. If it wasn’t for those Rutgers players stepping out of line we might have started fall work outs on Friday..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT