ADVERTISEMENT

IF the ACC, SEC and big 12 pull this off

For me it all depends how many weeks they all get to play..

1-3 weeks -We told you so where right all along..Eek

4-6 weeks- Yea you all played for awhile but look what ended up happening.:cool:

7-10 weeks- Maybe we were wrong but at least we will be play after the first of the year or in the spring.o_O

Has anybody asked these geniuses in the Big Ten in the Pac 12 what's going to be magically different in the spring or next fall? I'm thinking they're done with sports for good. What do they care about the money they can just demand a federal bailout

Has anybody asked these geniuses in the Big Ten in the Pac 12 what's going to be magically different in the spring or next fall? I'm thinking they're done with sports for good. What do they care about the money they can just demand a federal bailout

Next fall is one thing, but according to Dr Rob Zatechka the winter/spring could be worse or no difference, and you turned away a chance to play in the fall..

..... damage to Big 10 is massive...

agreed?
I think it will hurt. It will make the BIG10 look incompetent to make good decisions. Especially when decisions result in the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars. I think recruits may second guess coming to the BIG10. Lets be honest 90% of football players are going to college to play football not because the care about a top level education. If they have an option to know a conference is putting max effort into football and a conference who isn't. Might sway their opinions?

To me, it’s a giant problem if they do pull it off. Those leagues will have a huge advantage over the B1G and P12 next season. Other leagues will get a normal offseason. Normal training. Normal rest and recovery. Normal Spring Practice. Everything normal.

The B1G and P12 will continue to be in uncharted territory. You can’t tell me that missing out on normal off-season weight training; conditioning; spring practice; summer drills isn’t going to have an adverse affect. Those season ending injuries will also end two seasons, not just one.

Oh, and we play Oklahoma next year. We probably weren’t ready for that in the best of circumstances.

Reactions: saluno22
It will hurt big time. If our conference leaders had any balls, they would have played chicken with the SEC and Big 12. They didn't need to blink so fast. I think these other conferences will pull it off just fine and we lose face

It will be a monumental mistake by the Big Ten. Every school will lose good players to transfer and it will hurt in recruiting.

It would kill our recruiting and program but I would like to see the reaction against Warren, Howard, Wilbon
and the 8 school presidents that voted no play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT