ADVERTISEMENT

IF Texas and OU go to the SEC, who would you most like to see in the B1G?

Not sure Colorado wants out of Pac, but for more $ they might. Not sure they (and Kansas) work for BIG economics too, Delaney didn't even want Missery. Who knows? I think the BIG does nothing, possibly just take Kansas.
CU relates itself better heading West than East. I do not think they will ever leave the Pac 12 unless something extremely seismic happens and the Pac 12 no longer ceases to be the Pac 12

Just got back from Montana. We have always felt the influence of California here in Washington State. The same thing is now in full effect in Western Montana. Californians everywhere and buying up property as fast as they can. Do you feel it in Nebraska?

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Notre Dame. Hands down. They'd instantly be my most hated conference rival. We should be in the same division with the Irish.
Notre Dame has the largest fan base in the country - no other program comes close, they stand alone at the top with tens of millions of fans coast to coast. Bringing in ND would also bring NBC and affiliates. Fox (B10) plus NBC (Notre Dame) broadcasting B10 games would effectively counter ESPN's push IMHO.

Also, the Big Ten Network adds value and is very profitable as well.

Reactions: run4fun11
CU relates itself better heading West than East. I do not think they will ever leave the Pac 12 unless something extremely seismic happens and the Pac 12 no longer ceases to be the Pac 12

Just got back from Montana. We have always felt the influence of California here in Washington State. The same thing is now in full effect in Western Montana. Californians everywhere and buying up property as fast as they can. Do you feel it in Nebraska?
You might think the Buffs are happy campers in the PAC-12 but the PAC-12 Network has been a train wreck, the logistics to the West Coast are nasty, the money has been disappointing and the rivalries aren't there. And here is a petition to get Colorado to move to the B1G: Colorado to B1G

Baylor
Boston College
Boise State
BYU
Georgia Tech
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Louisville
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Oklahoma State
Pittsburg
San Diego State
Syracuse
TCU
Texas Tech
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
West Virginia

Tried to make this a poll but there were too many picks. These are all the realistic teams I could think of.

Assuming they take 2... From a fan perspective, I miss the short road trips to KU and KSU, so I'd selfishly want those back. I think the best picks for the conference would be North Carolina & Virginia, assuming they could be poached from the ACC. Despite Notre Dame's recent success, the Irish Catholic influence & the ND brand is starting to fade a bit. Long term I think NC & UVA are the better picks. JMO.
Have Ohio State and Michigan to go to the SEC, kill the B1G, and get this thing over with sooner than later.

Don't think they're in play. Aren't they locked into the ACC till year 2525?

I can’t believe the teams signed away their grant of rights until 2525. I am not sure that many of us are going to be around or concerned about the year 2525 in our lifetime. Winking

Reactions: nu2u
1) ND (not happening though)
2) Kansas
3) North Carolina
4) Virginia
- Screw any PAC12 teams and for cryin out loud hire a new commissioner asap!!!

1) ND (not happening though)
2) Kansas
3) North Carolina
4) Virginia
- Screw any PAC12 teams and for cryin out loud hire a new commissioner asap!!!
Only see KU on the list that would come in.. Others won’t leave the ACC..

ive thought about this for probably longer than kevin warren has, but i think if i had to make a 30 second decision -
ku and…
oklahoma state.
why?
1) distance
2) tx recruiting would be better in play - you could say okie st has fared as well in tx as tx and atm.
3) scenery would satisfy litespeed…

None of the remnants of the B12 would be of much interest, esp. Iowa St. (small market and already have that covered with Iowa; same reason why the B1G wasn't much interested in adding Pitt).

PAC schools are too far away - travel times/costs plus not as CFB crazed and time zone issues.

That means looking to the ACC (10 years is relatively short in the scheme of things,), and by that, making a big splash.

In this scenario, may expand to as many as 22 teams - taking 8 ACC schools (or ND).

So 2 divisions of 11 teams (so each team plays 10 division games and 1 with a team from the other division).

Atlantic
PSU, RU, UMD, UVA, UNC, Dook, Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami, ND

Heartland
dOSU, UM, MSU, IU, PU, NU, UI, UW, Minn, Iowa, Neb

This way, it's a pretty clean cut division-wise with the old B1G schools and Neb consisting of the Heartland.

The ACC schools may be inclined to make the jump knowing that they'll always be the 2nd banana to the SEC in ESPN's eyes.

Can see the SEC taking VT and NC ST as that opens up 2 more markets for them.

Now, will need Fox to be on board with ponying up some serious $$, which they likely will be prone to doing to protect their 51% stake in BTN and their investment in CFB via FS1.

FS1 won't have to spend much $$ for the broadcast rights to what's left of the B12 (if they're interested at all) and even the PAC will be hurting to see any increase in their broadcast rights.

With a region encompassing pretty much the entire Atlantic coast (the states that care about CFB) and the midwest, BTN would be able to print $$ going to an on-demand/streaming model.

okielite would probably be 3rd in b1g football.
if cade cunningham kid goes 1st in draft their bball stock has some major legitimacy, too.
ou could fall to 4th or fifth in sec.
plus, i could go to some b1g games, y’all!

Personally I would say no we don't see Californian's here. Having said that now I m going to prove that statement as hypocritical.

I know 3 families that have moved into our small south central Nebraska from California. That said, they're also people who's roots are here and moved back. Not sure if that counts

Notre Dame has the largest fan base in the country - no other program comes close, they stand alone at the top with tens of millions of fans coast to coast. Bringing in ND would also bring NBC and affiliates. Fox (B10) plus NBC (Notre Dame) broadcasting B10 games would effectively counter ESPN's push IMHO.

Also, the Big Ten Network adds value and is very profitable as well.
ND would be a grand slam. I agree bigger than TX and OU.
I heard some rumors about PAC 12...USC UCLA Standfor and Oregon or CO. I could be pretty happy about that. Getting LA market would be huge.
The rumor mill is pretty crazy right now. I just hope Barry takes control of any and all discussions. Kevin is in WAY over his head.

I heard some rumors about PAC 12...USC UCLA Standfor and Oregon or CO. I could be pretty happy about that. Getting LA market would be huge.
The rumor mill is pretty crazy right now. I just hope Barry takes control of any and all discussions. Kevin is in WAY over his head.
Kevin is the Joe Biden of commisioners. In way over his head. Dumber than a sack of hammers. Makes terrible decisions. Let's other's walk all over him while he says nothing to see here. Everything is A OK.

Last edited:

Disagree.

Notre Dame is like Texas. Spoiled rotten children that know nothing about how to cooperate with others.

The ACC can have them.

I tend to agree. Although the more I think about it and look at it from a financial standpoint, the more I think the Big Ten could just stand pat at 14 and not add anyone.

As I wrote in another thread, there is a limited number of true P5 teams, if that number is 64 or 65 then maybe you get to four 16 team leagues. I think if the Big 12 goes away you will probably see some schools like a Houston, BYU, Boise St, UCF or Cincinnati that will make a jump and other schools like Vandy, Wake Forest, TCU or Utah could fall out.
You may be right. It all would start and end with Notre Dame. IF you could get Notre Dame, you find some other school to round things out. At that point it wouldn't matter all that much who it was. ISU etal would come begging to get in. Otherwise I don't think it matters if you have 14 or 16 teams.

Reactions: bowlhawk
Notre Dame has no reason whatsoever to join a conference for football. None. And if that ever changes, they already have a scheduling alliance with the ACC. They aren’t coming to the B1G.
If there is any truth to the rumors that USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Colorado are interested, those are the schools to invite IMO.

Reactions: bowlhawk
I know Iowa will fight like HELL to keep Iowa State from joining the Big Ten.
You can cross ISU off that list.
ISU's biggest problem is that they really have no tradition, no curb appeal, they bring in no market that Iowa doesn't already own in that state. I attended ISU, however I just don't see the Big 10 Brass thinking ISU will be a money making addition. Kansas, although they bring zilch to the football world would be great for basketball, and deliver the KC market. The Leprechaun's in South Bend would be a perfect fit, for the big ten and for them, however they seem to have no interest in the big ten. I would love to see a Clemson, and even a Florida State, however I am not sure either would like playing games in the North in November. LOL

Reading through the schools listed in this thread, there are a bunch of schools that will never happen and table scraps from the Big XII.

I know it has been discussed before, but how stupid can Kevin Warren be? If the reports of UT and OU talking to the Big 10 and being turned down are true, what did he think they were going to do. Just go back to the Big XII and say oh well.

We could have been taking about adding UT and OU to the Big 10. Two teams with history and viewers. Instead we are talking about what schools to add and none of them really add anything to the conference in terms of name recognition or viewers.

Ultimately the Big Ten needs to find a way to work around the ACC''s rights agreement.

You go for UNC and Virginia. Then you make a big swing and go for Notre Dame and Texas A&M. If one or both say no you take Clemson and Georgia Tech as backup options.

Your better off staying pat and waiting it out for a few years to raid the ACC than just grabbing anyone from the Big 12. All making a kneejerk reaction to grab a bunch of teams that are really not bringing in anything substantial in future projections just dilutes the revenue pool, it doesn't add to it. It's like adding a couple more Rutgers but without the NYC tv subscription revenue.

Can you imagine Iowa and KSUcks in the same conference? Lol the top 2 trashiest programs in the country.

Despite Notre Dame's recent success, the Irish Catholic influence & the ND brand is starting to fade a bit. Long term I think NC & UVA are the better picks. JMO.

This isn’t serious, is it?
Last year’s ACC ratings was the highest in the history of the conference because of ND. The ACC Network’s highest rated game every season is the one game they get ND. Fox’s two highest rated games of the past 5 years were ND/UM & OSU/UM.
CBS’s highest rated game of the past 3 years was ND/UGA. The most watched Conference Championship game of the past 3 seasons was ND/Clemson. The most watched regular season game of the past 5 years was ND/Clemson last year. ND was ranked #1 for most loved & #1 for most hated team in the country (both equally as important for ratings & brand).
Paul Finebaum just today said that the #1 program in the country the SEC would want would be ND for many reasons.
That is just a silly take.

ISU's biggest problem is that they really have no tradition, no curb appeal, they bring in no market that Iowa doesn't already own in that state. I attended ISU, however I just don't see the Big 10 Brass thinking ISU will be a money making addition. Kansas, although they bring zilch to the football world would be great for basketball, and deliver the KC market. The Leprechaun's in South Bend would be a perfect fit, for the big ten and for them, however they seem to have no interest in the big ten. I would love to see a Clemson, and even a Florida State, however I am not sure either would like playing games in the North in November. LOL
Supposedly the story is that the B1G would only be willing to take schools who are members of the AAU. Iowa State and KU fit that description. Okie State, OU and TaM do not.

Reactions: ShaggynScooby
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT