ADVERTISEMENT

If Scott Frost & Bill Moos brings back anything, please let it be

sloth316

Senior
Jun 24, 2002
Old school Herbie! (And winning of course)
HerbieHusker1974.gif

Cartoon addition is fine..

NO too the scarecrow looking mascot that use to roam the side lines....He was embarrassing.:mad:

Reactions: bbarry464
How about letting the uniforms just be scarlet and cream. I still can't figure out why black uniforms

Only time the football team wore Black uniforms of some form were alternate uniform games.

Sept-29 2012-Black helmets Beat Wisconsin.
Sept-14 2014- Black jerseys with black stripes on pants and helmet lost to UCLA.
Oct-24 2015- All Black uniforms and helmets lost to Northwestern.

Reactions: huskerfan66
If the thread title is in reference to what was mentioned in another thread, about the script Huskers logo some of the coaches have been sporting, that returned pre-Scott Frost and pre-Bill Moos. The current set of logos that are being used were unveiled in February of 2016. You can find them in the article linked below.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210723923

Thanks for posting thread. Remember reading this but couldn’t remember when.

I’m down with incorporating the old herbie with a bit of a contemporary twist. New herbie looks like a methed-out psycho who will either give you a high five and say “gbr,” or repeatedly drive a toothbrush shank, that he spent hours filing down under the north stadium seats, into one’s chest.

It’s one or the other.

Reactions: HuskAir
I would prefer that they bring back wins on the scoreboard...then we can focus our attention and worry about which Herbie should represent the athletic department. Winking

Only time the football team wore Black uniforms of some form were alternate uniform games.

Sept-29 2012-Black helmets Beat Wisconsin.
Sept-14 2014- Black jerseys with black stripes on pants and helmet lost to UCLA.
Oct-24 2015- All Black uniforms and helmets lost to Northwestern.
Notice what black had in common during those years? Loosing 66.6% of the time!

Agreed, old Herbie and get rid of that Wal-Mart log that has the HUSKERS across the N; looks just like Mississippi State's logo.

And more ALT unis means more flare for the players and recruits. The all whites on the road more please.

Reactions: drg1104
[QUOTE="c3ntral08, post: 4280538, member: 11336"

And more ALT unis means more flare for the players and recruits. The all whites on the road more please.[/QUOTE]

Only if they have Red Helmets to go with them.

Agreed, old Herbie and get rid of that Wal-Mart log that has the HUSKERS across the N; looks just like Mississippi State's logo.
Already did get rid of that Husker logo, in 2016. You might still find a few older things here and there with that logo on it, but it's not used anymore.

Reactions: c3ntral08
Prepare to be disappointed. Frost has already indicated he likes alternate uniforms. Don’t see it changing now...
I don't mind some alternate uniforms, I just don't understand why the basketball team the volleyball team and I believe the baseball team have black uniforms

I don't mind some alternate uniforms, I just don't understand why the basketball team the volleyball team and I believe the baseball team have black uniforms

Nebraska wore black uniforms during the Nee era, in fact the first game they wore them against K-State and Dana Altman in Manhattan, I just happened to be at that game.

The Volleyball team has worn black ever since Pettit was there.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
The Volleyball Program can do whatever they want because they have recent championships to back it up. Winking
I can jive with that. Honestly, after the past almost two decades, if the football team had any recent championships I would be fine with them wearing potato sacks as unis.

Reactions: TFrazier
I would prefer that they bring back wins on the scoreboard...then we can focus our attention and worry about which Herbie should represent the athletic department. Winking
As would everyone, but until then all we got is the little sutff. lol

Similar concept as to why many teams now use chrome on helmets and such. Anything goes for uniforms now days. I have no problem with alt uniforms or even using black or chrome or whatever color they choose. If the kids and coaches like it and it helps draw attention of recruits that we are "cool" So be it. In the end having a well rounded team that can win is all that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT