ADVERTISEMENT

If Ohio State was to win it all....

Jul 9, 2009
Would this be the first 8-0 national champion?

Yeah, I'm too lazy to look for the answer myself.

Last edited:
Great win for OSU last night but don’t worry about an 8-0 NC. Bama will roll them. Only time Bama games are even interesting is when they get bored and let their foot off the gas.

Great win for OSU last night but don’t worry about an 8-0 NC. Bama will roll them. Only time Bama games are even interesting is when they get bored and let their foot off the gas.

I’d agree tOSU has to beat Bama and that will be a tall order and there were a lot of teams that were 8-0 or 7-0 back in the 1900-1920 but none of them were champions in AP or UPI areas..

Ohio State will have to play a LOT better on defense to beat Bama, or hope Bama gives them about 5 turnovers.
The same can be said for Alabama. I've watched them a few times and this is their worst DL in years. Go to their boards and they're very concerned about OSU's running game as lesser teams have moved the ball against them - especially on the ground - all year. The main concern in this game is Fields' health / ribs. If he's healthy, OSU has a decent chance. This could end up being a 45-42 type game.

The same can be said for Alabama. I've watched them a few times and this is their worst DL in years. Go to their boards and they're very concerned about OSU's running game as lesser teams have moved the ball against them - especially on the ground - all year. The main concern in this game is Fields' health / ribs. If he's healthy, OSU has a decent chance. This could end up being a 45-42 type game.
Alabama has gotten better vs the run, and looking at the stats of their last 7 games, those teams hardly drank a drop running the ball. OSU will have to have a lot of success on the ground, and again, they will have to be sharp on defense to get a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT