ADVERTISEMENT

If NU get a transfer QB,

Not going to happen
It might IF it were a younger guy. We're not going to get a guy who is going to beat out Adrian this next fall. We COULD pick up a young guy to compete with Luke and Smothers maybe. Smothers is the great unknown. Haarberg is really a long shot IMO.

It might IF it were a younger guy. We're not going to get a guy who is going to beat out Adrian this next fall. We COULD pick up a young guy to compete with Luke and Smothers maybe. Smothers is the great unknown. Haarberg is really a long shot IMO.

If Luke is moved to WR. We will need more QB depth.

Who that is in the portal is better than what we have? I am not saying QB play has been good by any stretch but reaching for guys just to reach is a waste too. Most QB's in the portal are there for a reason. The Justin Fields transfer is such an outlier in terms of portal QB's.

There were guys available in the portal that were better than AM. He's not that good you know. But at this point, most of the transfers have been made. Maybe something happens around spring ball.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Smothers is on some early Heisman lists for next year. Never fear
He lives not far from me when in high school. I hear great things about him. I’d love for him to have a chance. I just can’t see frost moving off am for third string qb. If Luke leaves. Maybe.

He lives not far from me when in high school. I hear great things about him. I’d love for him to have a chance. I just can’t see frost moving off am for third string qb. If Luke leaves. Maybe.
Reason I say pick up transfer qb is that he doesn’t seem likely to give smothers a shot soon with Luke and am still around. I say roll him out and see what the young man has. Might be our answer

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I totally disagree. He just doesn’t have anybody better to play.
IMO, Frost needs to beat the bushes for either an FCS QB or other transfer with at least 3 years to play 2 left. The only way that we would land a top tier QB transfer IMO is if for some reason Adrian left next year or suffered a career threatening injury neither of which hopefully happens. I'm just not sold on Haarberg OR Smothers being the answer and I'm a little bit afraid that what we see is what we get with Adrian. For a college QB, it's fine IF HE COULD KNOCK OFF THE DAMNED TURNOVERS.

Reactions: headcard
blackman is pretty meh. beat out by a freshman. I would think he ends up at a g5 school.

Frost should have gotten a transfer QB when he first arrived and didn't. Can't go back in time. BUT now that AM will be in his 4th year starting, I can't think we would get someone who I would trust to do better in just one season. Almost have to ride it out with AM at this point.

Reactions: SkerInCo
There just doesn't seem to be anyone too impressive in the portal right now. QB depth could be an issue. If Luke leaves we will have 3 scholarship QB's, one that is always hurt and two that have never played a down of D1 football.

Frost should have gotten a transfer QB when he first arrived and didn't. Can't go back in time. BUT now that AM will be in his 4th year starting, I can't think we would get someone who I would trust to do better in just one season. Almost have to ride it out with AM at this point.
you don't think there's anyone who'd finish 13th in the B1G in downfield passer rating? we're at the point where we're 'trusting' the actual literal worst passer in the conference for 2 years running?

give me anybody over AM. we don't know if another player would be better. we KNOW AM won't be.

he's incapable, and so long as he's 'leading' the team, so, too, shall they be.

you don't think there's anyone who'd finish 13th in the B1G in downfield passer rating? we're at the point where we're 'trusting' the actual literal worst passer in the conference for 2 years running?

give me anybody over AM. we don't know if another player would be better. we KNOW AM won't be.

he's incapable, and so long as he's 'leading' the team, so, too, shall they be.

Agree to some point but you can't just disregard he led our team in rushing yards and rushing TD...that matters as well.

Reactions: WHCSC
Agree to some point but you can't just disregard he led our team in rushing yards and rushing TD...that matters as well.
No, it doesn’t matter. If anything, it’s even more of an indictment on his lack of ability to play his position at an even remotely competitive level.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
He DID get a transfer QB. In fact, he got one familiar with his system. Noah Vedral. Say. His. Name!

Reactions: SkerInCo and WHCSC
Who that is in the portal is better than what we have? I am not saying QB play has been good by any stretch but reaching for guys just to reach is a waste too. Most QB's in the portal are there for a reason. The Justin Fields transfer is such an outlier in terms of portal QB's.
There is a qb in the portal named Bo Jurrows. I think he is better than what we got.

• Haha
Reactions: CatColumbia
I totally disagree. He just doesn’t have anybody better to play.
Okay...I will go down that rabbit hole with you......Who in this conversation is paid $5 mil per year to recruit... evaluate recruits....develope recruits....and coach up those same recruits? AND who has not shown any propensity or ability to do the previous?

Reactions: NikkiSixx
There just doesn't seem to be anyone too impressive in the portal right now. QB depth could be an issue. If Luke leaves we will have 3 scholarship QB's, one that is always hurt and two that have never played a down of D1 football.
Which is why Luke isn't going anywhere for now.

That transfer QB with hindsight was Joe Borrow..Like you said that’s water under the bridge now and Burrow would have never won the Heisman trophy and lead LSU to one of the greatest seasons in college football history..

Frost made his bed preseason three seasons ago at QB and appears he ended his chances at being a success in Lincoln! Promises made sometimes come back to bite a person in the ass hard!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT