ADVERTISEMENT

If it’s Campbell

There isn't another coach in the country other than Matt Campbell who knows the ins and outs of severely bending the bill of his cap... An absolute pro... Those things are perfectly symmetrical... Its the type of attention to detail this program needs... Frost always looked a little goofy with his cap on crooked....
This is a great insight. Now I'm in favor of Cambell over Meyer.

Be ready for the immediate BS that Riley went through from the butthurt Frosturbator boosters. They are already wanting Trev out, because he had the nerve to can their hero (the worst coach in program history) h3 and his butt kissers are even making fun of what Campbell looks like. We need a handful of these types of clowns to follow through with their threat of pulling their money, or go ahead and die off…. If we have any shot of the program ever being truly consistent with actual support. So sad that petty feelings will start the cycle over, almost immediately.
I'm sure there are people who will have some complaint about ANY new coach no matter who gets the job. That's a given certainty. But other than Mrs. Frost I don't think anybody is "butt hurt" over Frost getting canned. Yes, the majority wanted him to succeed and they're sad that he failed. But that majority also knows his firing was overdue because he wasn't getting the job done and are eager to move on.

And the surefire way for any new coach to silence any critics, is to simply win games. That will shut up the majority of them real fast.

That quote still rings pretty deep about him not having any sort of goal of winning the Big 12 - when he literally had the most talent come back in the history of the program. That’s where the comparisons to Mike Riley come from. I’ll pass on Campbell

To be fair, he didnt have everyone buying in for 3 or 4 years, which was riley's fault, and covid year, which if you listen to local media, only effected NU, so ...
Jeez… STFU

edit: that initially went right over my head

Last edited:
I'm sure there are people who will have some complaint about ANY new coach no matter who gets the job. That's a given certainty. But other than Mrs. Frost I don't think anybody is "butt hurt" over Frost getting canned. Yes, the majority wanted him to succeed and they're sad that he failed. But that majority also knows his firing was overdue because he wasn't getting the job done and are eager to move on.

And the surefire way for any new coach to silence any critics, is to simply win games. That will shut up the majority of them real fast.
I'm not spreading rumors here but I had read a few times in the past that she wasn't exactly thrilled to live in Lincoln and missed Florida. Some said she was even living there part or most of the time. Of course, I don't know them personally but I always wondered if that was affecting Frost mentally. If the spouse and family aren't fully invested in your career decision it can be difficult to sustain everything at a high level.

Reactions: BleedRed78
To be fair, he didnt have everyone buying in for 3 or 4 years, which was riley's fault, and covid year, which if you listen to local media, only effected NU, so ...
Ha.. you got me… missed your sarcasm on first read… but with this site you never know.
Because we actually had idiots online and in real life saying it takes 6-7 years to rebuild a program, which is the dumbest shit I have ever heard

Campbell isn't my first choice for head coach, but he is far better than Scott Frost. Campbell will get Nebraska back to winning 8 games a year.
There is a huge group on this board that answers everything with "Iowa Sucks". One of the key reasons for this is because Iowa has never really won anything and is always 8-5 or 7-6. I think that is Matt Campbell. Throw out his first year at Ames and he is 8-5, 8-5, 7-6, 9-3 and 7-6 with 2 wins out 5 bowl games. Great record compared to Riley and Frost, but Bo had a slightly better record and got ran out of town.

There is a huge group on this board that answers everything with "Iowa Sucks". One of the key reasons for this is because Iowa has never really won anything and is always 8-5 or 7-6. I think that is Matt Campbell. Throw out his first year at Ames and he is 8-5, 8-5, 7-6, 9-3 and 7-6 with 2 wins out 5 bowl games. Great record compared to Riley and Frost, but Bo had a slightly better record and got ran out of town.
First of all, Bo was run out of town for being a prick.

Second, the feeling is that if MC can do that at ISU he can do much better at Nebraska. But that’s what we thought about other coaches we’ve had.

Campbell is one that would give concern. He runs a system whose style we are very familiar with. It's also one that noone else in the Big 12 runs or preps against most of the time. Nearly every team in the Big Ten runs that style.

Not saying he wouldn't be a fantastic hire that could have huge success here, but it is a cause for pause.

I'm not spreading rumors here but I had read a few times in the past that she wasn't exactly thrilled to live in Lincoln and missed Florida. Some said she was even living there part or most of the time. Of course, I don't know them personally but I always wondered if that was affecting Frost mentally. If the spouse and family aren't fully invested in your career decision it can be difficult to sustain everything at a high level.
Sorry for the confusion, actually I was referring to Scott's Mom.

Last edited:
If it’s campbell to me its settling for your third choice sort of ho hum hire. And if it is him he better not bring his whole staff I want the best coordinators for offense and defense money can buy
Lol, no way he’d leave Iowa State is he can’t bring Jon Heacock with him, and to a lesser extent Tom Manning

we’ve been through 4 bad coaches that loved their buddies as assistants don’t want Campbell
I mean, he has one of the better defensive coordinators in all of college football. Clemson adopted and adapted Heacock’s 3-3-5 system, and the New England Patriots have come to observe practices and adopt some schemes from Iowa State defensively.

I agree. We got to start somewhere, and he would at least get us back to being respectable, but likely, he isn't a long term solution because the fans will grow weary of going 8-5 year after year.

Second, the feeling is that if MC can do that at ISU he can do much better at Nebraska. But that’s what we thought about other coaches we’ve had.
Yes Bo was a prick, but there were a lot of fans who were not happy with the losses. Especially the blow-out games to teams like Wisconsin. I am in the camp that does not believe people change their spots very easily. I think it is pretty hard to say Campbell will be a better coach with Nebraska’s resources behind him.

Be ready for the immediate BS that Riley went through from the butthurt Frosturbator boosters. They are already wanting Trev out, because he had the nerve to can their hero (the worst coach in program history) h3 and his butt kissers are even making fun of what Campbell looks like. We need a handful of these types of clowns to follow through with their threat of pulling their money, or go ahead and die off…. If we have any shot of the program ever being truly consistent with actual support. So sad that petty feelings will start the cycle over, almost immediately.
How much do you donate random message board person?

Whoever is hired the standard better be championships at least the big 10 level. I ain’t interested in 9-4. We had that it wasn’t good enough, it shouldn’t be in the future.
As far as Riley he was dogshit and Frost was worse which I thought was hard to do. I don’t know how much Urban has left but I would at least ask what it would take. After that I am not sure but I don’t love Campbell but he would be better than frost and Riley.

I think the level of competition in the Big 10 will be greater top to bottom in the Big 10. So there is that. Add to that the struggle Iowa St has every year matching up with Iowa. A normal Iowa offense steamrolls ISU this year. Every major program went out and got who they wanted no matter what it entailed. LSU pulled Kelly from ND. USC pulled Riley from OU. OU went out and got Venables from Clemson. I just see Campbell as a second tier option. If he is option number one I'm seriously not a fan of Trev Alberts as an AD.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT