ADVERTISEMENT

If it’s Campbell

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Be ready for the immediate BS that Riley went through from the butthurt Frosturbator boosters. They are already wanting Trev out, because he had the nerve to can their hero (the worst coach in program history) h3 and his butt kissers are even making fun of what Campbell looks like. We need a handful of these types of clowns to follow through with their threat of pulling their money, or go ahead and die off…. If we have any shot of the program ever being truly consistent with actual support. So sad that petty feelings will start the cycle over, almost immediately.

Be ready for the immediate BS that Riley went through from the butthurt Frosturbator boosters. They are already wanting Trev out, because he had the nerve to can their hero (the worst coach in program history) h3 and his butt kissers are even making fun of what Campbell looks like. We need a handful of these types of clowns to follow through with their threat of pulling their money, or go ahead and die off…. If we have any shot of the program ever being truly consistent with actual support. So sad that petty feelings will start the cycle over, almost immediately.
Campbell isn't my first choice for head coach, but he is far better than Scott Frost. Campbell will get Nebraska back to winning 8 games a year.

I have not seen or heard anyone that was still on board with Frost.

In fact, from Solich to BC to Bo to Riley...Frost might be the first fired coach where it seems like 100% of the fan base was okay with it.

There isn't another coach in the country other than Matt Campbell who knows the ins and outs of severely bending the bill of his cap... An absolute pro... Those things are perfectly symmetrical... Its the type of attention to detail this program needs... Frost always looked a little goofy with his cap on crooked....

There isn't another coach in the country other than Matt Campbell who knows the ins and outs of severely bending the bill of his cap... An absolute pro... Those things are perfectly symmetrical... Its the type of attention to detail this program needs... Frost always looked a little goofy with his cap on crooked....
I do that to the extreme with my caps too...

Maybe I can be the next candidate for Husker HC! Couldn't be worse than Frost was...

Riley was ripped on because he was a dogshit hire by a dogshit AD, who was being led around on a leash by Barry and everyone knew it.
True...but he was just a really nice person. Like, for real he was a good person.

Which also goes to show that Husker fans don't really care about that...we just want wins.

Agreed...but we have this % of the fan base that thinks a coach should be nice...and that is what matters.

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Toledo Rockets (Mid-American Conference) (2011–2015)
2011Toledo1–00–0W Military
2012Toledo9–46–2T–2nd (West)L Famous Idaho Potato
2013Toledo7–55–3T–3rd (West)
2014Toledo9–47–1T–1st (West)W GoDaddy
2015Toledo9–26–2T–1st (West)Boca Raton*
Toledo:35–1524–8* Departed Toledo for Iowa State before bowl game
Iowa State Cyclones (Big 12 Conference) (2016–present)
2016Iowa State3–92–79th
2017Iowa State8–55–4T–4thW Liberty
2018Iowa State8–56–3T–3rdL Alamo
2019Iowa State7–65–4T–3rdL Camping World
2020Iowa State9–38–11stW Fiesta99
2021Iowa State7–65–44thL Cheez-It
2022Iowa State2–00–0
Iowa State:44–3431–23
Total:79–49
National championship Conference title Conference division title or championship game berth
Really nothing here that makes me think he is the answer.

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Toledo Rockets (Mid-American Conference) (2011–2015)
2011Toledo1–00–0W Military
2012Toledo9–46–2T–2nd (West)L Famous Idaho Potato
2013Toledo7–55–3T–3rd (West)
2014Toledo9–47–1T–1st (West)W GoDaddy
2015Toledo9–26–2T–1st (West)Boca Raton*
Toledo:35–1524–8* Departed Toledo for Iowa State before bowl game
Iowa State Cyclones (Big 12 Conference) (2016–present)
2016Iowa State3–92–79th
2017Iowa State8–55–4T–4thW Liberty
2018Iowa State8–56–3T–3rdL Alamo
2019Iowa State7–65–4T–3rdL Camping World
2020Iowa State9–38–11stW Fiesta99
2021Iowa State7–65–44thL Cheez-It
2022Iowa State2–00–0
Iowa State:44–3431–23
Total:79–49
National championship Conference title Conference division title or championship game berth
Really nothing here that makes me think he is the answer.
He isn't.

Remember that those special fans were also the ones who wanted the NU administration fired for not hiring Steve Pederson as athletic director before state law allowed. Steve was a great choice, wasn't he?

They were the same superfans who ON THIS VERY SITE organized the alternative golf outing for Frank Solich after Callahan took over.

They are the same walking OK BOOMER types who, if Tom Osborne came out tomorrow saying Matt Davison should be the next coach at Nebraska, they would take it as infallible fact and work to destroy anybody else chosen.

As much as any group, they have been working to sabotage Nebraska all along. They exist everywhere. Texas was in the process of hiring Nick Saban after Mack Brown stepped down. The negotiations were well along. Texas was going to throw a truckload of money at Nick, and his agent said he was excited about it. Then the superfans started calling Saban directly, which got out in the sports news, and a furious Saban called it off.

You could have the best AD in the world, and they might not be able to overcome a minority of moronic superfans who will do literally anything to sabotage the program if they think they know better.

Too nice to win games at Nebraska. You have to be a bad MFer to win here in the current environment.
Nah, you just have to actually put the effort in, and not think you’re untouchable (because of the dipshits referenced in the original post)

Remember that those special fans were also the ones who wanted the NU administration fired for not hiring Steve Pederson as athletic director before state law allowed. Steve was a great choice, wasn't he?

They were the same superfans who ON THIS VERY SITE organized the alternative golf outing for Frank Solich after Callahan took over.

They are the same walking OK BOOMER types who, if Tom Osborne came out tomorrow saying Matt Davison should be the next coach at Nebraska, they would take it as infallible fact and work to destroy anybody else chosen.

As much as any group, they have been working to sabotage Nebraska all along. They exist everywhere. Texas was in the process of hiring Nick Saban after Mack Brown stepped down. The negotiations were well along. Texas was going to throw a truckload of money at Nick, and his agent said he was excited about it. Then the superfans started calling Saban directly, which got out in the sports news, and a furious Saban called it off.

You could have the best AD in the world, and they might not be able to overcome a minority of moronic superfans who will do literally anything to sabotage the program if they think they know better.
The truth shall set you free!

If it’s campbell to me its settling for your third choice sort of ho hum hire. And if it is him he better not bring his whole staff I want the best coordinators for offense and defense money can buy

Reactions: BleedRed78
If it’s campbell to me its settling for your third choice sort of ho hum hire. And if it is him he better not bring his whole staff I want the best coordinators for offense and defense money can buy
Some have referred to hiring Campbell as Riley 2.0..

Reactions: Dylman
Word. He should have been getting hammered and kicked out of golf courses, and not able to even try and recruit talent dropped in his lap
I gotta give you credit...you have it bad for Frost! I have not seen this type of hate since posters turned on Bo. It is impressive!

Reactions: scarletred
Cmon now. This guy is a big NOOO! If Trev wants to be looking for a new job in 3 years, then he should hire Matt Campbell. Otherwise, move on from this Riley 2.0 experiment.

and yet Scott Frost was mesurably worse and was made it to Year 5. You can't make this up!
To be fair, he didnt have everyone buying in for 3 or 4 years, which was riley's fault, and covid year, which if you listen to local media, only effected NU, so ...

ADVERTISEMENT