ADVERTISEMENT

If i recall correctly. Groundbreaking on the 155 Million

stucknks

Athletic Director
Jan 2, 2012
Football Facility and upgrades is nearing.
Isn't it supposed to happen sometime in April?
Looking forward to seeing the New Facilities and what certainly will put Nebraska back in the Top 5 in Facilities.
GBR & Husker Power

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Believe Moos said something about late spring when they’ll be sticking the first shovel in the ground...

I’m also very excited about the new facility being built ...Be nice if they could make some kind of virtual video to show the new recruits and the younger players what the vision will be for the future..

Pretty difficult to even rank the top 10-12 facilities in the country not alone the top 5...

I’ve been told that fundraising for the new facilities is way behind schedule, so much so that it may negatively impact things.

I’ve been told that fundraising for the new facilities is way behind schedule, so much so that it may negatively impact things.
I certainly have heard the opposite. That it is on schedule and NEBRASKA is top 10 for revenue.
Maybe Sean Callahan or one of the in the know guys can elaborate on the situation.

In early December Moos mentioned the board approved a small version and that the new training table and academic center for student athletes will be postponed.
” the football piece is completed as envisioned and continues to be designed and planned” Moos said.

I certainly have heard the opposite. That it is on schedule and NEBRASKA is top 10 for revenue.
Maybe Sean Callahan or one of the in the know guys can elaborate on the situation.
My source is someone high-up in the fundraising department at Nebraska - I’m going to take their word as fact on this one.

I sure hope Athletic Department installs several webcams around the site so recruits and us fans can watch the construction project through to its completion.

My source is someone high-up in the fundraising department at Nebraska - I’m going to take their word as fact on this one.

Isn’t it true they have little less than half of the 155 million already donated?

Last edited:
I agree with scarlet that around 1/2 has been raised. The thing was dealing with unknown revenue for 2020/2021..... AND optics

Isn’t it true they have little less than half of the 1.55 million already donated?
I don’t recall all the specifics, but the essence of it is that they are way behind where they expected/hoped to be at this point.

There are also a handful of big money donors who are growing increasingly frustrated with the status of our program.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Football Facility and upgrades is nearing.
Isn't it supposed to happen sometime in April?
Looking forward to seeing the New Facilities and what certainly will put Nebraska back in the Top 5 in Facilities.
GBR & Husker Power

I think you need to stop running away and being scared of facility upgrade delays! And CEREAL...JFC!!!!

I don’t recall all the specifics, but the essence of it is that they are way behind where they expected/hoped to be at this point.

There are also a handful of big money donors who are growing increasingly frustrated with the status of our program.

If true that money is being held back until the ship rights itself, good. It’s time the AD learns that this is a results based world. No results, no money.

The fundraising has been slower than expected, that is why Hank Bounds was put on a three -year $250,000/yr fund raising contract and the project was split into two phases. The delay was blamed on COVID, but my guess is that donors are tired of pitching in time after time just to see a coaching carousel and a team that can't even compete for division titles.

Will not mention names. I know one of thebigger donors. He said he understands the issues and what took place to get us here and even more understands all it will take to climb back up.
In other words it won't happen overnight.
After that he mentioned a large amount of $$$
He added or donated to the Program.
And forget to mention the huge payouts in the Big10. Just Unreal and that there boys & girls is no fing joke!

Last edited:
The fundraising has been slower than expected, that is why Hank Bounds was put on a three -year $250,000/yr fund raising contract and the project was split into two phases. The delay was blamed on COVID, but my guess is that donors are tired of pitching in time after time just to see a coaching carousel and a team that can't even compete for division titles.
The coaching carousel is over! Scott Frost will be allowed multiple years!
You can take that to the biggest Bank in the Midwest!

The coaching carousel is over! Scott Frost will be allowed multiple years!
You can take that to the biggest Bank in the Midwest!
Not so sure about that. If Frost posts another losing season this Fall all bets are off. NOBODY in college football is immune from getting fired. Frost needs to win NOW. This is a huge season for him. Another losing season and those new facilities will be nothing more than a new practice field and weight room. The money will dry up fast.

Reactions: Bugeater
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT