ADVERTISEMENT

If Huskers can start 3-0

- More than likely nice weather.
- Lots of runway time for fans to get to the right level of juiced up.
- The following week is a bye week, better go all-out here.
- All the frustration of the Frost-era built up. Can the team finally break through?
- It's Frost's last chance, this game could save him for at least one more year.
- When is the last time NU won a primetime game that mattered? C'mon, emotions would be HIGH.

and get the Sooners at night... it's got to be potentially the most juiced atmosphere in Memorial Stadium history right?
We’ve had plenty of juiced up games at night during my life time, can’t imagine one being that much better than the ones we have had..

Even last year Michigan game starting the 4th quarter the stadium was stoked..

We’ve had plenty of juiced up games at night during my life time, can’t imagine one being that much better than the ones we have had..

Even last year Michigan game starting the 4th quarter the stadium was stoked..
Nice, sometimes on TV you can tell when the stadium atmosphere gets to the next level, definitely seemed that way vs Michigan last year, would've been fun to be at. Best I was a part of was when Miami came to town in '14.

and get the Sooners at night... it's got to be potentially the most juiced atmosphere in Memorial Stadium history right?
No… fans aren’t juiced for losing teams, and 3-0 doesn’t offset 5 straight losing seasons. Will fans be pumped? Sure, but they’ll also be anticipating a loss after the first turnover.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I thought the overall sentiment on this site was that game is 99% sure to be 11am kick? What most on here were thinking anyways. I believe it should be a night game, but whatdya gonna do?
sadly, I agree. we are at the mercy of FOX (thanks, B1G!)

Reactions: nostromo78
The very first night game in 1986 against Florida State, remember going to that game was pretty loud but not as loud as these two..

1986 Oklahoma game ( started at 2:30)
1992 Colorado game
I was at both of those games which were loud games but imho, there were 2 other games louder. The 1st was my 1st attended game which was the 78 NU/OU game Osborne's 1st win over OU and Colorado 2008 When Henery hit that 57 yarder and then Suh's pick 6.

I was at both of those games which were loud games but imho, there were 2 other games louder. The 1st was my 1st attended game which was the 78 NU/OU game Osborne's 1st win over OU and Colorado 2008 When Henery hit that 57 yarder and then Suh's pick 6.
Yea when Henery kicked that FG it was deafening, it was like the whole stadium exploded, but it wasn’t that loud that day until that FG went trough the goal post..

Back in the day the 78 game at that point was the loudest game wasn’t at that one but watched it on TV..

Yea when Henery kicked that FG it was deafening, it was like the whole stadium exploded, but it wasn’t that loud that day until that FG went trough the goal post..

Back in the day the 78 game at that point was the loudest game wasn’t at that one but watched it on TV..
My ears were ringing for 3 days after that 78 game. The decible level was completely through the roof the entire game.

Reactions: maggs
I was at the 78 game and several others. I don't know how one measures "loud" when it can be really loud around you, so loud you can't hear the other loud.
This is true and that 78 game is the only one of the many I've been to that left my ears ringing for 3 days.

The very first night game in 1986 against Florida State, remember going to that game was pretty loud but not as loud as these two..

1986 Oklahoma game ( started at 2:30)
1992 Colorado game
I think that 92 Colorado game was the loudest I have ever heard Memorial Stadium for a night game. But I do agree with the OP. I think if we start 3-0 and the OU game is at night I think it will be one of the better night games of recent memory. But only if the game is close, of course. But if we get into the fourth quarter with a lead look out. Stadium gonna be rocking'... I am hopefully coming to that game.

1992 Colorado game......this.
Memory. the buff fans in top row yelling down to those outside the stadium still walking toward entrances, chanting ” f Nebraska” over and over. then seeing them quiet and depressed taking a major ass whoopin. Great atmosphere and great night!!

How about the fanbase for the 3-9 team take it one game at a time given all the personnel/coaching changes? Winning the first one almost the other side of the world is going to be hard enough.

funny-as-hell-whoa-whoa.gif

Last edited:
Let’s see if he can get us to 1-0 first.
You know....I look back at the so far illfated Husker coaching career of Scott...and I was there at the REAL beginning...the Colorado game...and the die was cast...if there is a way to screw something up, we've managed to do that...hopefully NOT this year...

I'm with you....let's get to 1-0.

I agree focus should be going 1-0. And then 2-0. Can't take that for granted. But I'm not the coach I'm a fan :p

Hypothetically if we get to 3-0, I don't like the notion that the OU game can't be an all-timer just because Nebraska hasn't had recent success or isn't a top tier program now. I think the opposite. Fans are hungry for success. It's the last stand for the hometown coach and any link to the past. It should be raucous, out of desperation if nothing else.

Reactions: Anegada1
I agree focus should be going 1-0. And then 2-0. Can't take that for granted. But I'm not the coach I'm a fan :p

Hypothetically if we get to 3-0, I don't like the notion that the OU game can't be an all-timer just because Nebraska hasn't had recent success or isn't a top tier program now. I think the opposite. Fans are hungry for success. It's the last stand for the hometown coach and any link to the past. It should be raucous, out of desperation if nothing else.
I totally agree if we are 3-0, the fans will absolutely be raucous. But most juiced night ever experienced in Memorial Stadium? I think that’s a stretch.

I’m going to call a point of order on an earlier point…, the 92 colorado game was NOT a night game…. It just SEEMED that way because it was overcast and dreary, and it ENDED at night… i know … i would not take my kids trick or treating until it was 100% over!😂😂😂😂😂

Can't speak for the rest of the fan base but I'll be pumped. Also my wife is a sooner fan so that raises the stakes at our house !

Where do 08 Colorado and 09 Missouri games rank for you?
Not near the days of true anticipation, when Colorado had Kordell Stewart/Bill McCartney, or when Missouri had James Wilder or Chase Daniel. We are talking about anticipation, not how the games themselves were.

Every meaningful bowl game, every game with Oklahoma for over 2 decades, and every game between short term but intense rivals like Colorado or Kansas State were much more anticipated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT