ADVERTISEMENT

If every play is reviewable

I can get on board with that. The reviews are killing the game.
In the New Mexico St/ Bowling Green game I was watching, they had expedited reviews. There was a play where Bowling Green came up short on a 3rd down, the refs on the field gave them a 1st but the replay official had the referee respot the ball and it ended up 4th and short.

Much more efficient, the only issue was that the affect on the game clock. This happened late in a half, and Bowling Green lost some time.

Clearly bugs to work out but it was much faster for sure.

Reactions: schuele
I always find it amusing that they'll hold up the game to review nearly any damn play - UNLESS the ball carrier gets within a half yard of a first down. Then the side judge immediately starts signaling the chain gang forward, because God forbid the game would be held up for a measurement.

Because, you know, it's those darned measurements that are making the games too long.

The spotting of the ball using technology is one place I would be in favor of using it. It seems like with everything we have available today, getting exact spots should not be that difficult. After all, they can pretty much pinpoint where each of us are at any given time of day.

Reactions: HuskerLegion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT