ADVERTISEMENT

If a team has 8 "positive" tests you have to shut down

got carl?

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2006
You see the part about green, orange, red? if only 3.5% of team tests positive you move to restricted schedule. if team has 7.5% positive you have to shut it down for a week minimum

so basically 8 kids test positive for covid (and who knows how reliable these tests even are) you have to shut it down

good luck getting 8 games in. this was a "hey get off my back and shut up" release

I mean I would hope the players take this pretty freaking serious, there is no reason that anyone gets it if they are sticking to going to football practice and staying clear of large gatherings. I mean it is 8 weeks of their life they don't do anything but football and taking online classes and playing Madden.

I mean I would hope the players take this pretty freaking serious, there is no reason that anyone gets it if they are sticking to going to football practice and staying clear of large gatherings. I mean it is 8 weeks of their life they don't do anything but football and taking online classes and playing Madden.

Ya still think Warren set it up for failure on purpose. All it takes is one kid to get it and pass it to some teammates and you just missed at least 1 game

LOL.. there's no way they play a full schedule. 3/4 of the league will be shut down in the first couple weeks.

Nope Warren did this on purpose. 21 days until you can return to competition after a positive test too. lol So you can be testing negative for 20 days straight and still not be allowed to return. Warren is the ultimate politician. Set it up to fail. Said hey get off my back take it or leave it ..

And these tests arent perfect either from everything I've read. Certain error for false positives. Picking up other things than covid.

Reactions: aksarben77
This would be good news if true. That 7.5% community threshold protects a bit from canceling over a smallish team outbreak affecting 8 players.

Team positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by total number of tests administered):
Green 0-2%
Orange 2-5%
Red >5%
Population positivity rate (number of positive individuals divided by total population at risk):
Green 0-3.5%
Orange 3.5-7.5%
Red >7.5%
Decisions to alter or halt practice and competition will be based on the following scenarios:
Green/Green and Green/Orange: Team continues with normal practice and competition.
Orange/Orange and Orange/Red: Team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition).
Red/Red: Team must stop regular practice and competition for a minimum of seven days and reassess metrics until improved.

You see the part about green, orange, red? if only 3.5% of team tests positive you move to restricted schedule. if team has 7.5% positive you have to shut it down for a week minimum

so basically 8 kids test positive for covid (and who knows how reliable these tests even are) you have to shut it down

good luck getting 8 games in. this was a "hey get off my back and shut up" release
Just don't report more then 8 positive tests...if more then 8 get it just have them sit out and say they have the flu.

The 21 day down time is odd. With daily testing you should be back after back to back negative tests (especially knowing the potential for false positive results)
What purpose does 21 days serve when there is daily testing? Once your confirmed negative why not be eligible again

Sounds more like either or than both
See I read that as both. As in, if everything is good on both sides, you’re a “green/green”. And I think it’s more logical to be both, because if your community is 8% positive but your team has zero positive cases, I wouldn’t think they’d force you to shut down

Reactions: sean.stevens
See I read that as both. As in, if everything is good on both sides, you’re a “green/green”. And I think it’s more logical to be both, because if your community is 8% positive but your team has zero positive cases, I wouldn’t think they’d force you to shut down
I see it now. So team positive tests is just players. The other includes coaches and staff ?

I see it now. So team positive tests is just players. The other includes coaches and staff ?
I’m not sure...I don’t think they’ve clarified what the population is. It says “total population at risk” - maybe that’s all players and staff, UNL campus, city of Lincoln. Or they could be referring to just the team in both. Those are two different metrics even if applied to the team - one is positive test count over total tests, the other positive individuals over total individuals. Honestly I would think we are just talking about the team here but I don’t know.

The part that I hate about this is Nebraska could do everything right, but then they're screwed if the other team has an outbreak with no bye weeks to move things around.

As for our end of the bargain of staying below, time to have tryouts for 30-50 walk ons and just lock them in a couple rooms in North Stadium for three months.

Lancaster County is in the Red category.

Overall positivity rate:
  • Lancaster County - up from 7.7 percent to 7.8 percent
  • State - down from 9.6 percent to 9.5 percent
  • National - remains at 8.5 percent

Lancaster County COVID-19 Update for September 15
And which reporting agency are they using? KETV reported 14% yesterday. Numbers are all over the map - like everything else, nothing ever jives.

With rapid testing wouldn't it make more sense to just quarantine the positive tested player rather than wrecking it for the whole team.
Seems like they are still setting this up with a possibility of failure. The other conferences are doing everything they can to play while the Big10 continues to look for reasons not to play.
Glad we are playing but I sure hope some of the schools that haven't taken this football season seriously thus far start to now.
As it is we need to start later than we should have just because some schools were dragged reluctantly to a fall season playing at all. JMO

And which reporting agency are they using? KETV reported 14% yesterday. Numbers are all over the map - like everything else, nothing ever jives.
Source was linked in the post.

What was KETV reporting at 14%? Positivity rate?

This does raise another question, what and how is the Big Ten using to track their percentages?

Time for a Corona Virus Party. TONIGHT! Testing doesn't start until the 30th. Get everyone exposed and get it over with.

Cue the Corona bros....
Was coming to suggest this. Lock them in a dorm. Throw them a couple dozen Covid positive chi omegas and let 18-22 year olds do their thang

Reactions: grote40
Source was linked in the post.

What was KETV reporting at 14%? Positivity rate?

This does raise another question, what and how is the Big Ten using to track their percentages?
Yes positivity rate. And that was my question - whose data are they going to use? All over the map. Consistently inconsistent.

We need to add about 200 more walk-ons that are all pretested negative and put them all in a bubble with zero contact to the outside world or the rest of the team. We need to boost the denominator in this equation. Who wants to volunteer?

It isn't positive test percentage it's the total number of infections against the total population.
In the report it stated 5302 confirmed cases in Lancaster County. Would it be that number applied to the population of Lancaster County (~319,000)? If so that would be a ~1.7% rate. If there are recoveries, would they be removed from the positive cases and lower the percentage even more?

I assume many players have already had it. That could certainly play a role in new cases.

We need to add about 200 more walk-ons that are all pretested negative and put them all in a bubble with zero contact to the outside world or the rest of the team. We need to boost the denominator in this equation. Who wants to volunteer?

Now we're thinking outside the box!

Reactions: hoozierhusker
The positivity rates are in place so Rutgers and Minnesota can forfeit all their games with dignity.
Moo
With rapid testing wouldn't it make more sense to just quarantine the positive tested player rather than wrecking it for the whole team.
Seems like they are still setting this up with a possibility of failure. The other conferences are doing everything they can to play while the Big10 continues to look for reasons not to play.
Glad we are playing but I sure hope some of the schools that haven't taken this football season seriously thus far start to now.
As it is we need to start later than we should have just because some schools were dragged reluctantly to a fall season playing at all. JMO
This was the reason for the delay in making the announcement ...they had to put as much bullshit in there that the season will be interrupted in some fashion after which these asswipes will wash their hands of football. No telling how often these MF will pull this in the future.

Reactions: Agegoneby
ADVERTISEMENT