ADVERTISEMENT

Idea for next coach.

I don’t know about Bo, but Donte Williams is taking his name out of consideration as I write. His USC Trojans are getting bludgeoned by that powerful school from Corvallis, the Beavers of Oregon State. 42-17 with 14:14 to go in the game.

I think USC would have won more games with Clay Helton this season than with any other alternative coach. I understand why he was fired. I just think USC threw away the rest of the season by firing Clay. .

I don’t know about Bo, but Donte Williams is taking his name out of consideration as I write. His USC Trojans are getting bludgeoned by that powerful school from Corvallis, the Beavers of Oregon State. 42-17 with 14:14 to go in the game.

I think USC would have won more games with Clay Helton this season than with any other alternative coach. I understand why he was fired. I just think USC threw away the rest of the season by firing Clay. .
They wanted the luxury of 3 months to get exactly who they want. They wanted to be rid of helton just in case he turned in a decent season.

me and trev are thinking about campbell or urban right now...
depends if we win our last 3 games in a row.

Reactions: oldjar07
There’s only one guaranteed winner and his name is Craig Bohl. Top five coach in the nation, IMO.

• Wow
Reactions: cidsports
Good coach. But at age 63 too old for my liking.
I never understood the age argument. Everyone wants a young, energetic guy who is supposedly a great recruiter and will be at a school for 30 years. That rarely materializes.

I’d much rather have a proven commodity who is going to be a winner for 10 years and then retire, rather than some long-shot young buck who flames out after 4-5 years.

The importance of experience cannot be overstated. Bohl would make Nebraska a consistent 9-win program with several West championships. I think it’s a no brainer.

Reactions: chaneccooms
I never understood the age argument. Everyone wants a young, energetic guy who is supposedly a great recruiter and will be at a school for 30 years. That rarely materializes.

I’d much rather have a proven commodity who is going to be a winner for 10 years and then retire, rather than some long-shot young buck who flames out after 4-5 years.

The importance of experience cannot be overstated. Bohl would make Nebraska a consistent 9-win program with several West championships. I think it’s a no brainer.
By that logic go bail Kleiman out of the sinking Big 12 and get the best of both worlds

Reactions: BrighteRed24

Chris Klieman was the reason NDSU won all of those national titles at the FCS level. They got even better after Bohl left.

Go defence first coach, here's someone that should be strongly considered:

Marcus Freeman https://g.co/kgs/JmM8xW

Great young D cordinator, great recruiter. See what kind of staff he could compile, most importantly what great O cordinator he could bring.

I’m a big fan of Freeman and think will get a big job soon. Speaking of Freeman, this will make you feel old:

There’s only one guaranteed winner and his name is Craig Bohl. Top five coach in the nation, IMO.
we had bohl as dc, he was terrible....maybe make him oc, and frost can just be a figure head hc, recruiting florida and the west coast

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but this season ain’t over yet, McGavin.

I may be in the minority on this board but out of our last 7 games, 5 of them are home games. Not saying I’m thrilled with Frost at all or his OL/special teams disasters but the home games are an advantage for Frost to keep his job. We haven’t had a big home game with fans in 2 years - and we get Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, and Purdue at home…plus struggling Wiscy (9-9 last 18 games) and Minny (Lost to Bowing Green) on the road…I just can’t see Frost getting the boot this year. I’ll collect my crow if I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Can’t believe I’m saying this, but this season ain’t over yet, McGavin.

I may be in the minority on this board but out of our last 7 games, 5 of them are home games. Not saying I’m thrilled with Frost at all or his OL/special teams disasters but that’s an advantage for Frost to keep his job. We haven’t had a big home game with fans in 2 years - and we get Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, and Purdue at home…plus struggling Wiscy (9-9 last 18 games) and Minny (Lost to Bowing Green) on the road…I just can’t see Frost getting the boot this year.
2-5 or 3-4 at the most. I'm not rooting for NU to tank, but MU, OSU, IA are losses, and WI and MN are long shot wins despite the WI meltdown and the MN loss to Bowling Green.

It's hard for a defense to get it up for 12 straight weeks. a subpar defensive performance against any of these teams (other than Northwestern) could easily turn into a loss.

I've seen 2 maximum defensive efforts agains OU and MSU. At some point, the D will suffer an emotional letdown,

Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Iowa
Minnesota
Purdue
Wisconsin

all struggling on offense.

Iowa needed Colorado St to fumble inside the 10 to take over the game and win by 10. Notre Dame is like 80th in total defense and made Wisconsin look pedestrian, Minnesota without the RB doesn’t look good, Purdue and Northwestern are still looking for a starting QB.

I think the “letdown” is more of a fan thing than a real thing. Also the defense doesn’t need to show up for 12 straight weeks. There are only 7 weeks left.

After the coming 9-game winning streak, reigning national coach of the year Scott Frost will be happy to return. Or will we win 10 in a row? Either way, I think we're good.

Iowa
Minnesota
Purdue
Wisconsin

Iowa needed Colorado St to fumble inside the 10 to take over the game and win by 10. Notre Dame is like 80th in total defense and made Wisconsin look pedestrian, Minnesota without the RB doesn’t look good, Purdue and Northwestern are still looking for a starting QB.

I think the “letdown” is more of a fan thing than a real thing. Also the defense doesn’t need to show up for 12 straight weeks. There are only 7 weeks left.
I can do the math.

Go defence first coach, here's someone that should be strongly considered:

Marcus Freeman https://g.co/kgs/JmM8xW

Great young D cordinator, great recruiter. See what kind of staff he could compile, most importantly what great O cordinator he could bring.
I agree fully ....I thought I was the ONLY one! I like his demeanor and has that defense playing lights out and FAST! He is gonna get an opportunity somewhere and SOON....GUARANTEED!

Iowa
Minnesota
Purdue
Wisconsin

Yeah. I would argue that Ohio St is in the same boat. They just don't look like a good team this year. Kind of have the Clemson look. We really could beat any team on our schedule. We won't, but it doesn't look as daunting because of how the D plays.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Just read an article that USC might be interested in Anthony Lynn. The articles also stated that the USC fan base is not too excited about that possibility. I forgot he was 12-4 one year with the Chargers. I thought he was a below average coach. His clock management skills were lacking.

ADVERTISEMENT