ADVERTISEMENT

Idc if Martinez starts the rest of the year

jarens

Jul 1, 2010
but that better be it. Officially officially time to move on. When you can't complete a pass to a WIDE OPEN receiver 8 yards away, you don't deserve to play QB. 90% of high school quarterbacks complete that pass in their sleep.

Dude is an enigma. Freshman year he was lights out. Since then he has gotten worse to the point he can't throw a simple 5 yd crossing route in front of a receiver.

Of those 14 completions only 3 were further than 5 yds past the line of scrimmage.

I don’t care if Martinez is qb next year but definitely would welcome some other school hiring Frost — as if there was any chance of that. Obviously we should win this game but would anyone be shocked if that GIFTED three points at the end of the half cost us the game? First down deep in your own territory, 45 seconds left, you are getting the second half kickoff and Purdue has one timeout. How in hell do you possibly not run out the damn clock!?

He's like Denard Robinson but without the running and passing ability

I would like to show allegiance to our qb’s but if Milton wants to come here I am all in after today’s performance by these t we o characters.

Reading this goofy shit gives you a good idea how Solich got fired. Win? Don’t care? Lose don’t care. Bitching is what we really want...
It's like Kansas beating Tulane. No one would be impressed.

So, which NU quarterback since the glory days of Turner Gill / Tommy Frazier / Jerry Tagge - in essence since 1996 - would be good enough? A person has the right to be critical, but then man up and tell us who actually was good enough since the mid 1990s.

So, which NU quarterback since the glory days of Turner Gill / Tommy Frazier / Jerry Tagge - in essence since 1996 - would be good enough? A person has the right to be critical, but then man up and tell us who actually was good enough since the mid 1990s.
Joe Ganz or Zac Taylor

Well, I’ll take a win. We got our dicks kicked in by an ass team in Illinois a few weeks ago. Fact of the matter is we won a game and handled business today. There was a distinct possibility that that wasn’t going to happen. You got nothing from a victory today? Hard to believe.

I think Joe Ganz would be good in Frost’s offense.
You may be correct. He was 6' 3" 190 lbs as listed on the 2004 UN football roster. Not a speed burner. But he made good decisions, although not a big arm. As I remember he was behind Sam Keller?? before Keller was injured. And then had opportunity and did well. Kind of a modern day Gerry Gdowski!! Ganz would have been a player that coaches were always trying to find a more athletic QB to take his place. But he would hold on to his starting position as long as he kept up a high level of execution and the offense was effective.

Well, I’ll take a win. We got our dicks kicked in by an ass team in Illinois a few weeks ago. Fact of the matter is we won a game and handled business today. There was a distinct possibility that that wasn’t going to happen. You got nothing from a victory today? Hard to believe.
I enjoyed the win but it didn't get me hard.
Just showed that our problems weren't as bad today.
Less than stellar performance

You may be correct. He was 6' 3" 190 lbs as listed on the 2004 UN football roster. Not a speed burner. But he made good decisions, although not a big arm. As I remember he was behind Sam Keller?? before Keller was injured. And then had opportunity and did well. Kind of a modern day Gerry Gdowski!! Ganz would have been a player that coaches were always trying to find a more athletic QB to take his place. But he would hold on to his starting position as long as he kept up a high level of execution and the offense was effective.
If Joe Ganz was 6’3 then I’m the Easter bunny.

Almost 300 total yards 3 tds and 0 turnovers.. theres not a team in america that wouldnt take those stats from their starting qb.. just quit bitching
Reading this goofy shit gives you a good idea how Solich got fired. Win? Don’t care? Lose don’t care. Bitching is what we really want...
Everyone should be happy about the win. Everyone should be happy for Martinez. But bottom line if we weren't gifted the first 2 possessions we would've lost the game to that BAD defense. If he's in there, I'm rooting for him. but I call it like I see it. And I see us as about a .500 team with him in there. He's got heart, leadership, strength, resilience. Those are good traits, but QB's need vision, accuracy and confidence and those things he lacks. If we played a team like Purdue every week where we could afford to make "layup" passes every play and win the game, by all means, he's our guy! Reality is, that's not the case. Guess I'm raining on our victory a little, but like Frost says, I want the guys to play who give the best chance to win. Again, it's probably A-Mart the rest of the way this year. Go Big Red.

Dude is an enigma. Freshman year he was lights out. Since then he has gotten worse to the point he can't throw a simple 5 yd crossing route in front of a receiver.

It is perplexing. I really wonder if it is a paralysis by analysis situation and he's just thinking too much. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Coming in as a true freshman I imagine the offense was scaled down alot with fewer reads and he was running on instinct not having to think much. Now he looks hesitant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT