ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder who the JayShocker fans will be rooting for today.

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
I am sure there are tons of them after all...
Posted from Rivals Mobile
So are you presuming Creighton fans will be for WSU and Nebraska fans will be for KU?

confused0018.r191677.gif

I personally am a huge fan of NU, KU, and WSU. I can just pick a sweater color out of the closet depending on what I feel like that day!

I'll be at the game. Scored me tickets....for a nice penny. I'm not a fan of either team or coach. I spent time taking graduate classes at WSU and grew a large dislike for WSU. And Kansas I just can't stand for many reasons. So for me, it's who do I want to see lose more. But the atmosphere should be out-of-this-world. You can't deny that. Should be fun.

Originally posted by Lincoln gopher:

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
I am sure there are tons of them after all...
At the game it showed the Govenor of Kansas and he had on a t-shirt with both teams logos on it on the big screen. He was booed.
It wasnt the shirt that got him booed

You sure spend a lot of time worrying about what teams people are rooting for, and who they should be rooting for. I wonder if that's because your one and only interest (and people are only allowed one, everyone knows that) has been Creighton's little brother for a really long time, and that gets under your skin, a lot?

You sure spend a lot of time worrying about what teams people are rooting for, and who they should be rooting for. I wonder if that's because your one and only interest (and people are only allowed one, everyone knows that) has been Creighton's little brother for a really long time, and that gets under your skin, a lot?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BINGO we have a winner!

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:

When bringing up history to prove a point, one doesn't get the chance to recreate a start date. History is history, Nebraska leads the series and that won't change at least for a couple more years. What may get under his and others skin are the "Creighton fans" that are "Nebraska football, baseball, volleyball, and every other sport representing the Huskers" and choose to bash or mock Nebrasketball.

"What may get under his and others skin are the "Creighton fans" that are "Nebraska football, baseball, volleyball, and every other sport representing the Huskers" and choose to bash or mock Nebrasketball. "

That doesn't make sense. He is the one mocking Creighton, not the other way around. He's mad that Creighton has been better than Nebraska in basketball for about 20 years. This wasn't always the case but from the end of Nee to Miles, Nebraska has played an incredibly poor brand of basketball and the NU administration didn't give a crap. The games weren't shown in Omaha and people gravitated to a better, more exciting product in Creighton. It doesn't mean one hates NU. It had more to do with Nebraska basketball sucking for a long time and the lack of coverage in the Omaha area.

Nebraska basketball have given everyone, regardless of they root for (even Husker fans), plenty of ammo to be critical of them. However, I bet, even if Nebraska basketball was a perennial top 20 team every year, people would still have other rooting interest's. I find the whole notion of one fan telling another fan who they can and can't root for ridiculous and no explanation will ever change my mind on that. My dad (who also happens to be my best friend) used to take me to see Creighton games, and when we played basketball in our driveway I was Kevin McKenna, so I root for Creighton, but that doesn't mean I root against Nebraska. I haven't seen Nebraska basketball live since Hoppen and the boys took down Missouri at the Devany what seems like 30 years ago. Haven't seen a Creighton game since they played at the Civic. So maybe I shouldn't care at all, as basketball just doesn't do it for me. Maybe all of the OP's threads he starts about telling people who they should and shouldn't root for don't apply to me, but nonetheless it's my personal opinion people should root for who they want. If people are doing what you stated, then by all means fire away. I haven't seen that much of it, but I don't follow the basketball side of threads close so maybe you're onto something. I honestly haven't seen much of what you're talking about. I have seen people stand up for a team they root for, when somebody is telling them they shouldn't root for them. But you follow those threads more than me and have more knowledge on that issue so your response makes sense.

Originally posted by LouisK:

That doesn't make sense. He is the one mocking Creighton, not the other way around. He's mad that Creighton has been better than Nebraska in basketball for about 20 years. This wasn't always the case but from the end of Nee to Miles, Nebraska has played an incredibly poor brand of basketball and the NU administration didn't give a crap. The games weren't shown in Omaha and people gravitated to a better, more exciting product in Creighton. It doesn't mean one hates NU. It had more to do with Nebraska basketball sucking for a long time and the lack of coverage in the Omaha area.
It makes perfect sense, you should know a little more about what's been posted on here before you tell me something makes sense or not. For years there have been Creighton basketball fans, that also claim support of all other Husker sports not named basketball, that bash or mock Nebraska basketball. It's been going on ever since I joined this site back in 2003-2004 so spare me about not making any sense.

Not sure what rock you've lived under but I've lived in Omaha my entire life and have watched live or DVR'd plenty of Nebrasketball games on TV. Yes, even before joining the B1G conference, Nebrasketball had games broadcasted in Omaha. multiple times a year. ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U, KMTV, B12 Network (KXVO?), Fox Sports Midwest and Fox Sports Network.

This post was edited on 3/23 9:08 AM by HuskerTimOmaha

If people are doing what you stated, then by all means fire away. I haven't seen that much of it, but I don't follow the basketball side of threads close so maybe you're onto something. I honestly haven't seen much of what you're talking about.
All you have to do is wait till next season and pay close attention a few days before the game, the day of the game, the actual game thread and/or a few days after the thread. You'll see real quick what I'm talking about.

It makes perfect sense, you should know a little more about what's been posted on here before you tell me something makes sense or not. For years there have been Creighton basketball fans, that also claim support of all other Husker sports not named basketball, that bash or mock Nebraska basketball. It's been going on ever since I joined this site back in 2003-2004 so spare me about not making any sense.

Not sure what rock you've lived under but I've lived in Omaha my entire life and have watched live or DVR'd plenty of Nebrasketball games on TV. Yes, even before joining the B1G conference, Nebrasketball had games broadcasted in Omaha. multiple times a year. ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U, KMTV, B12 Network (KXVO?), Fox Sports Midwest and Fox Sports Network.

Uh, once again, you look for your confirmation bias. I read these boards all the time and rarely, if ever, see anyone from Creighton calling out Husker hoops but I see fools on this board do it all the time.

And Dummy, they didn't carry the first rounds of the Big 12 basketball tournament for several years in Omaha. I know because I called and wrote all the time. You're clueless if you say they did. After KMTV stopped carrying them and until ESPN started carrying all the Big 12 tournament games (not the semi and final), the Thursday-Friday games weren't on, period. I called every year to complain. I wrote to Pederson, the Big 12, etc. and always got run-around. I complained because I could watch the ACC, Big East, PAC 10, The Family Feud, etc. and I couldn't watch the local conference. I know because I was there unlike you who thought just thought they were there. To top it off, the Big 12 wasn't even carried on Saturdays locally for a time. You might catch Nebraska very occassionally on ESPN but from the mid-90's until the last few years, it was few and far between because, frankly, it was poor basketball. I know because I thought about it and called about it at the time. You, on the other, must have been somewhere else looking for confirmation for whatever thing you wanted to argue about at that time.

Uh, once again, you look for your confirmation bias. I read these boards all the time and rarely, if ever, see anyone from Creighton calling out Husker hoops but I see fools on this board do it all the time.

And Dummy, they didn't carry the first rounds of the Big 12 basketball tournament for several years in Omaha. I know because I called and wrote all the time. You're clueless if you say they did. After KMTV stopped carrying them and until ESPN started carrying all the Big 12 tournament games (not the semi and final), the Thursday-Friday games weren't on, period. I called every year to complain. I wrote to Pederson, the Big 12, etc. and always got run-around. I complained because I could watch the ACC, Big East, PAC 10, The Family Feud, etc. and I couldn't watch the local conference. I know because I was there unlike you who thought just thought they were there. To top it off, the Big 12 wasn't even carried on Saturdays locally for a time. You might catch Nebraska very occassionally on ESPN but from the mid-90's until the last few years, it was few and far between because, frankly, it was poor basketball. I know because I thought about it and called about it at the time. You, on the other, must have been somewhere else looking for confirmation for whatever thing you wanted to argue about at that time.
It happened this season, before it started and once again when Creighton beat Nebraska. There is no confirmation bias, I think the people that do it are hacks but it's their choice who to root for and it's my choice to call a hack a hack. HuskerJack and redthru&thru (ironic name is ironic) are the guiltiest of them all with their Nebrasketball hate so spare me your shit. And there's plenty of more examples.

Listen moran (tMB reference), you didn't say B12 basketball tournament until now otherwise I would've agreed instead of correcting your inaccurate statement. You specifically stated, and I'll quote, "the games weren't shown in Omaha" so when you're corrected you change your stance to conference tournament games?!? GTFO, own up to your inaccurate statement.

I wasn't there, WTF does that even mean? I've been a season ticket holder for 11 of the past 13 seasons and 13 of the past 17 years - and attended many, many, many games (home and away) prior to 1997. Not only that, I had attended every first two days, sometimes more, of the B12 tournament from 1998 to 2007 and once again in 2010 and 2011, the most recent with my son as it was the last time Nebrasketball would play in the B12 in hoops. I've also been to the B1G tournament 2 of 4 years and plan on going again in 2016.

You might catch Nebraska very occassionally on ESPN but from the mid-90's until the last few years, it was few and far between because, frankly, it was poor basketball.
The last few years as in before the B1G Conference? Or something else....

Prior to the B1G (regular season only)
2011 season - 12 games on TV
2010 season - 12 games on TV
2009 season - 15 games on TV
2008 season - 11 games on TV
2007 season - 12 games on TV
2006 season - 13 games on TV
2005 season - 14 games on TV
2004 season - 7 games on TV
2003 season - 3 games on TV
2002 season - 3 games on TV

And the above doesn't include the "B12 Network" that had some games broadcasted on KXVO or whatever that local station was called back then.

Nebrasketball sucked in 2002 just like it did in 2006, 2007, 2008 and so on. So you're trying to tell us Nebrasketball was better in 2005-2011 compared to the earlier years? Or, the B12 improved their TV contract for basketball.

You tell us, moran (tMB).

This post was edited on 3/23 11:01 AM by HuskerTimOmaha

Several things because you change with the wind:
Nebraska basketball was barely covered in Omaha for 10 years when Creighton played good ball and that's when a lot of people started rooting for Creighton (didn't mean they hated Nebraska but, hey, whatever makes your argument).
Going to games has nothing to do with crappy TV coverage (and I went to a lot of games and there were fewer than 5K at most of them). Talk about moving the mark.
Nebraska was in the Big 12 and they didn't carry their early tournament games and nobody gave a crap, thus again, opening up more people to follow Creighton.
Your confirmation bias is only outdone by your stupidity. Look at the idiot you're defending. At least the people you hate only posted "before" a game, not a month after the season ended. You're still carrying some grudge because somebody didn't agree with you. You are firmly a "if you agree with me, you're right, if not, you're an idiot". Usually those type of people are the idiots and you don't seem to be an exception.

Here's the wind...

The games weren't shown in Omaha and people gravitated to a better, more exciting product in Creighton.
Speaking of the wind changing, here you are, moran (tMB)...

And Dummy, they didn't carry the first rounds of the Big 12 basketball tournament for several years in Omaha. .
I shared the data that Nebrasketball was covered, and that included Omaha, unless you're now going to say "well, cable companies don't count, only KMTV does".
blackeye.r191677.gif

I asked you a question, "I wasn't there, WTF does that even mean?" and you fail to answer it. But somehow I'm the one moving the mark. Geezus christ dude, either clarify your ignorant comment or find a different hobby as the internet is something you struggle with.

The only stupidity in this thread is you, moran (tMB). You make one comment, get bitch slapped like the sweater vest bitch you are, and quickly change it to something else which is more obvious than a glass of wine at a Creighton game.

NOWHERE DID I ARGUE AGAINST THE B12 CONFERENCE NOT TELEVISING EARLY ROUNDS, moran (tMB).

This post was edited on 3/23 12:01 PM by HuskerTimOmaha

What would you guess the Creighton board has to say about NU? As soon as actual facts get brought up in the discussion you get defensive and the name calling begins. How Creightonish of you.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Creighton fans bring the smack on these boards as has been already said. This is a Husker board, not a Bluejay board. I can't believe that quite a few folks actually come to this board and brag about their allegiance to the Tarheels, Blue Devils, Bruins or whatever traditional basketball school they bandwagon on to. If I have to hear one more time how school X has dominated NU and I should say nothing to say because of that fact I'm going to scream. I've followed Nebrasketball since the days of Dave Hoppen. If I hadn't moved away from Nebraska as a kid I'd probably been following them longer. Being a dual-fan is nothing to be respected for. If you want to root for
the tradition rich Cornhuskers in football and another school in
basketball, please just stay in the closet.

I also root for Kansas State football, though I only do that because of Snyder (and I was born in Kansas), who is easily one of the top coaches of all time and I like to see people succeed., especially against those odds at Manhatten. So when KSU is playing, as long as they aren't playing the Huskers, I hope they do well. So that makes Huskers for everything, Creighton hoops and their baseball team (how can you not like Service) and KSU for football. I hope your head explodes, because I feel the same way about those who tell me who I can and can't root for.

BTW, I don't talk any smack so I know you weren't really speaking to me and I admit I am just giving you a hard time. I don't care that much. I just don't like being told who or what I should like.

Originally posted by Tuco Ramirez:
Am I allowed to root for UNO Hockey? What about UNO basketball?

Was talking about the basketball issue this weekend and with UNO eligble for post season next year, they have an opprotunity to win a first round game before the Huskers.

And that's not ragging on the Huskers, just stating there is a possibility and it would throw this state into a tailspin I'm afraid.

BTW, I don't talk any smack so I know you weren't really speaking to me and I admit I am just giving you a hard time. I don't care that much. I just don't like being told who or what I should like.
Yes, I wasn't talking to you specifically. I, too, don't like being told who to root for or what to like. However, this is a Husker board and you can't blame most of the board members for being peeved about people rah-rah'ing other teams on this board, regardless of proximity to said school.

Bux, now that would be entertaining!! Doubt it happens, but that would be something. Pretty sure the Mods would be handing out some pink slips that day...

Originally posted by huskerbux:

Was talking about the basketball issue this weekend and with UNO eligble for post season next year, they have an opprotunity to win a first round game before the Huskers.

And that's not ragging on the Huskers, just stating there is a possibility and it would throw this state into a tailspin I'm afraid.
Granted it's the Summit League but UNO has a ways to go before they dance. I know, I know, so does Nebrasketball but I still think we'll win a tournament game in Miles' first 5 seasons.

I find the whole notion of one fan telling another fan who they can and can't root for ridiculous and no explanation will ever change my mind on that. That's never my point when I get into these conversations. If someone wants to root for multiple schools, like a Nebraskan rooting on all Nebraska-based teams, then I really don't care. My problem is with the Husker "fans" who don red on football Saturdays and then turn around and root against the SAME SCHOOL during basketball season. That bothers me. When I bring this inconsistency up, my point is not to dictate who a fan can and can't root for in sports. I'm just asking people not to be a dick and show a little courtesy.

If Nebraska isn't your number 1 in every sport it has, you aren't a Nebraska fan. I know the truth hurts many, but sorry

We're good boxes, I knew exactly what you meant. Honestly, like I stated earlier, I just haven't seen some of the stuff people are talking about. I suppose it's because if I do open a basketball thread I barely grasp what I'm reading because I am not paying much attention. After reading a few of the later posts here, I understand what you guys are talking about, just embarrassed to say I never noticed it. For the record, NU football and baseball are my number one passions when it comes to sports that I root for, like I'm sure you care, but just to set the record straight.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:

Originally posted by huskerbux:

Granted it's the Summit League but UNO has a ways to go before they dance. I know, I know, so does Nebrasketball but I still think we'll win a tournament game in Miles' first 5 seasons.
Hope you're right about the Huskers winning one in the next three years!

But I will be cheering on Coach Hansen as well.....been a Mav for a looong time and he deserves it if possible.

Bux, now that would be entertaining!! Doubt it happens, but that would be something. Pretty sure the Mods would be handing out some pink slips that day...
Big doubt but i like the fact they will be eligible......heck if they could get some hometown guys that have been going through the Omaha schools lately that can play together, you just never know!

Originally posted by omnione:

I find the whole notion of one fan telling another fan who they can and can't root for ridiculous and no explanation will ever change my mind on that. That's never my point when I get into these conversations. If someone wants to root for multiple schools, like a Nebraskan rooting on all Nebraska-based teams, then I really don't care. My problem is with the Husker "fans" who don red on football Saturdays and then turn around and root against the SAME SCHOOL during basketball season. That bothers me. When I bring this inconsistency up, my point is not to dictate who a fan can and can't root for in sports. I'm just asking people not to be a dick and show a little courtesy.
agree 100% and I say that as someone that roots for Creighton and UNO to have success

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT