ADVERTISEMENT

I want to know more about SlingTV

georgiacorn

Sophomore
Nov 2, 2001
So I was reading my consumer reports issue, and came across Sling TV. For those that don't know, it's a $20 month television package through Dish Network. No contract. No start-up fees. The basic package includes 12 channels, most of which are mine and my wife's favorites: Travel Channel, HGTV, Food Network, ESPN, etc. I read that they just added a sports package for $5 more which includes several other channels you can watch good college football on. Sounds great.
But do any of you know, is there any way to record programs. I work evenings and miss most shows -- most of what we watch is DVR'd. What if you buy a slingbox unit, is that the same thing? I'd love to cut my cable bill in my bundle from probably 100-110$ a month to 25$, but not if I can't catch any of the shows.
I'd like to hear from those of you have it or know about these sorts of things. Thanks in advance. BTW, the basic nor the sports package have the Big 10 Network, which I really enjoy.

I have Sling TV and watch it through my Roku. I do not think it can be recorded. Today Sling added AMC and IFC to their lineup with no extra charge. Still only $20 / month. It should be noted that even though Dish Network owns Sling TV you do not need Dish to get it...just a good internet wifi and a Roku device.

This post was edited on 3/4 11:29 PM by nudan92

IMO this a step in the right direction as far as TV packages go. I would gladly pay for cable if I could pay something like $20 a month for just the 4-5 channels I'd ever want to watch. I'd strongly consider SlingTV as an option if the sports add on included NBC Sports/ Fox Sports 1

Not sure but im guessing you would want in the 15mbps down range. Up I wouldnt think would matter much at all. And most all ups are around 1 regardless of down.

ADVERTISEMENT