ADVERTISEMENT

I want Husker Football as much as you, but...

The new vaccine will be the KEY weapon that stops Covid in it's tracks. When the 10% of the U.S. population takes an unproven poison into their body, the Covid will be forgotten and everything will be OK. The focus will then shift to finding a drug that will make 10% of the population recover from the sickness and deaths that will result from taking it. And the cycle continues....Open it up now, play some ball, get back to work, and get on with life. Damn.

The new vaccine will be the KEY weapon that stops Covid in it's tracks. When the 10% of the U.S. population takes an unproven poison into their body, the Covid will be forgotten and everything will be OK. The focus will then shift to finding a drug that will make 10% of the population recover from the sickness and deaths that will result from taking it. And the cycle continues....Open it up now, play some ball, get back to work, and get on with life. Damn.

I take it you don't get flu shots?

My employees 20 y/o daughter got it,at the hospital he thinks. The first week she was pissed she had to quarantine and thought it was stupid. She ended up with bad flu symptoms. 5 weeks later she wakes up crying at night, still can't breath well without pain.

. I know a few others that didn't get it so bad. A friend of a friend was in the ICU for a month and almost killed him. Pretty sure I had it. Same exact symptoms as another person I met. He kept clearing his throat every so often like I have been for the last 5 months since I had symptoms. After a few times of hearing it, I just asked him if he had the covid. Said yep, described the same experience I had.

I come in contact with tons of people every day. Wear the best mask. Out there.. Bought tons of them for the staff.

My employees 20 y/o daughter got it,at the hospital he thinks. The first week she was pissed she had to quarantine and thought it was stupid. She ended up with bad flu symptoms. 5 weeks later she wakes up crying at night, still can't breath well without pain.

. I know a few others that didn't get it so bad. A friend of a friend was in the ICU for a month and almost killed him. Pretty sure I had it. Same exact symptoms as another person I met. He kept clearing his throat every so often like I have been for the last 5 months since I had symptoms. After a few times of hearing it, I just asked him if he had the covid. Said yep, described the same experience I had.

I come in contact with tons of people every day. Wear the best mask. Out there.. Bought tons of them for the staff.
The odds are that you need to be on a steroid inhaler if you aren't already. It's likely that 20 year old also needs to be on inhaled steroids. The long term effects of this virus aren't much different than influenza. Lots of people end up needing steroid inhalers after influenza infections and some end up with chronic asthma from the flu. My older (60s) brother had a viral myocarditis from influenza. His heart stopped a couple of times so he finally had to have a pacemaker implanted. It's rare but it happens.

Right now in our area people don't seem to be having long term effects. I don't know of any of my 50-60 year old friends who have had it who missed more than 2 weeks of work from the time they first became clinically ill.

The vaccines that are coming to market have already been given to thousands of volunteers. We have a medical student who had one vaccine months ago. He had a day of muscle soreness. So once they did that first group of volunteers of a thousand or so, they've moved on to a group of over 30,000. So far there's only been some mild reactions similar to what are expected with flu vaccinations. To say the vaccines are unproven is not factually correct. IF you want to wait that's your choice. I'll get mine as soon as I can due to my risk factors. The M.Ds in our facility and state are going to start getting their vaccinations in November.

Reactions: arf_man
this season is doomed. Collegians are gonna be collegial. This virus is so contagious there is just no way that it isn't going to decimate some locker rooms this season and introduce chaos and panic and probably lawsuits.

I have $100 that says neither the SEC nor the Big 12 nor the ACC makes it through their whole schedule this year.

Universities that are planning to let fans into the stadium are pure crazy.

Call me when there's a vaccine.
You know what else is going to happen when kids get together? Flu and common cold cases will go up. Why? Because that is what happens every single year like clockwork.

Difference is we freaked out over this flu and put a 14 day quarantine on it - where any other ailment the kid gets sick, takes a few days off to recover, then comes back. The death rate on this is so far below what the “experts” predicted that if they were in the insurance actuary business they would be fired immediately.

I work with a lot of people in my job, and have personally talked to over 20 people who have had the illness. Interesting thing is every single one that was concerned about it before has changed their opinion and think it’s been blown completely out of proportion.

But be my guest and stay in your bunker.

this season is doomed. Collegians are gonna be collegial. This virus is so contagious there is just no way that it isn't going to decimate some locker rooms this season and introduce chaos and panic and probably lawsuits.

I have $100 that says neither the SEC nor the Big 12 nor the ACC makes it through their whole schedule this year.

Sturgis just had 460,000 gather over a weeks time and no outbreak. The testing is bogus. Tests for Coronavirus which everyone has had. Time to open up the country and get back to normal.

First off, nice handle, in no way does it suggest you are a germophobe.
You REALLY need to watch this. Something tells me you won't though. Letting facts get in the way of a narrative can feel like hate speech.

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you". - Oscar Wilde

"plandemic" --- ooops

That and it makes you so sick that you need a test just to know you have it.

And if you're asymptomatic . . . you're still included in the statistics as a "case" . . . because not being sick means you'll probably die from the flu regardless of age or health status . . . ooops, I mean flu-19, DAMMIT, I mean covid-19.

I miss the good old days when people got a 6-pack of disease rather than a case. Just more evidence of our western decadent consumption.

Last edited:

I guess all of those students in Econ 101 are
immune?

First off, nice handle, in no way does it suggest you are a germophobe.
You REALLY need to watch this. Something tells me you won't though. Letting facts get in the way of a narrative can feel like hate speech.

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you". - Oscar Wilde

"plandemic" --- ooops

Haha.....good job starbrown! :)

Reactions: starbrown
Wright Thompson wrote this in his Derby story about sports today and it equally hit home. Sure we miss the games but it's the stuff around the games we will miss most. He writes "I keep coming back to community. To the ephemeral and increasingly fragile idea of us. The most valuable thing sports contribute to our society, perhaps the only valuable thing they contribute, is the power to create a civic communion, to build a tribe out of many different kinds of people, to remind us in the midst of mass euphoria, because of the mass euphoria, that we can connect."

Reactions: dinglefritz
Wright Thompson wrote this in his Derby story about sports today and it equally hit home. Sure we miss the games but it's the stuff around the games we will miss most. He writes "I keep coming back to community. To the ephemeral and increasingly fragile idea of us. The most valuable thing sports contribute to our society, perhaps the only valuable thing they contribute, is the power to create a civic communion, to build a tribe out of many different kinds of people, to remind us in the midst of mass euphoria, because of the mass euphoria, that we can connect."
Yep. When going down to Husker home games the game itself is almost a sideshow. for us. We go and meet friends or family, have lunch downtown etc. Without the excuse of a game we don't usually take the time to do that.

A virus so deadly and contagious people have it and you don't even know.

Live in fear. Stay home. Wear a mask so you can be in this together with other people. Give it just 2 more weeks, 6 months ago.
GBRforLife1 - what is it you do for a living? Educational background?

For serious? If we can save hundreds or thousands of lives by waiting 6 more months until there's a vaccine, then clearly that is what we do.
The estimates for the vaccine are 50% effectiveness and probably will require boosters. Meaning it won't matter one iota because hardly anyone will bother with it except the most senior of people. The warped idea of closing everything down to stop it hasn't done anything but show businesses their employees can be productive working from home.

I'm pretty sure I got it as well. I had a mild sore throat and some fevers. The sore throat lingered longer than usual and I still feel a little hoarseness from time to time. I never got tested because it just never made me feel like I was really sick and my kids and wife were already in contact with me constantly to the point that we were sure we were all exposed. I never stopped running 4 miles every other day and working out, and never missed any work (but I've been working remotely so it wouldn't have mattered). When you think of all the places people go every day and the frequency of exposures (stores, restaurants, coffee shops, etc) it's silly to think we haven't been exposed and contracted it. I think an antibody test would revel widespread natural immunity.

Right, the CDC even states that 80% of positive cases have 0 or minor symptoms.

All 6 of your friends are having issues? Sorry, the science keeps me skeptical. And young, healthy people it's like 99% no symptoms or minor symptoms

If it is true that 80% of positive cases are light or no symptoms....then the 20% that do test Positive and have significant symptoms...25% of them die (based on the 5% CFR posted on Worldometers mulitplied by 5...since 80% don't really have symptoms).

That would be kind of scary if you have significant symptoms and have tested positive.

If it is true that 80% of positive cases are light or no symptoms....then the 20% that do test Positive and have significant symptoms...25% of them die (based on the 5% CFR posted on Worldometers mulitplied by 5...since 80% don't really have symptoms).

That would be kind of scary if you have significant symptoms and have tested positive.

Yet over 99% live.

You realize the data can't be accurate because of the number of people who haven't been tested and never will be. That data also can't be trusted because the virus has been politicized. (math is racist anyway so let's avoid that in the future, okay brother?)

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/10/math-racist-university-illinois-professor/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/sns-tns-bc-edu-math-racist-20191010-story.html

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Yet over 99% live.

So it's basically a normal (at least not record-setting) flu season with politi-sauce thrown in.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...asures-lockdowns-mass-quarantines/2938374001/

I so want to pimp-slap the legacy media. They keep saying "China beat the flu". They took some totalitarian measures, they lied about a bunch of stuff (and still are) and they declared victory. They refused to shut down their national economy, and the parts they shut down didn't stay shut down for the length of time we've opted for. In fact most of the world has re-opened for business. But America is being held hostage for some reason. Hmmmmmmm, why could that be? Oh, that's right, something about November.

In summation your honor: China is back to building a world-beating economy and we are still destroying ours.

NORMALS, remember to vote in November.

So it's basically a normal (at least not record-setting) flu season with politi-sauce thrown in.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...asures-lockdowns-mass-quarantines/2938374001/

I so want to pimp-slap the legacy media. They keep saying "China beat the flu". They took some totalitarian measures, they lied about a bunch of stuff (and still are) and they declared victory. They refused to shut down their national economy, and the parts they shut down didn't stay shut down for the length of time we've opted for. In fact most of the world has re-opened for business. But America is being held hostage for some reason. Hmmmmmmm, why could that be? Oh, that's right, something about November.

In summation your honor: China is back to building a world-beating economy and we are still destroying ours.

NORMALS, remember to vote in November.
Couldn’t agree more. Sleepy Joe will let his team revive the economy, won’t call our war dead losers, won’t make fun of POWs and hopefully work on repairing our global image. We are the punchline of a global joke due to the head Cheeto. But if you dislike the military, enjoy skyrocketing debt and are happy the country is the weakest it has been since Carter you know the Orange one will love your votezzz...

Couldn’t agree more. Sleepy Joe will let his team revive the economy, won’t call our war dead losers, won’t make fun of POWs and hopefully work on repairing our global image. We are the punchline of a global joke due to the head Cheeto. But if you dislike the military, enjoy skyrocketing debt and are happy the country is the weakest it has been since Carter you know the Orange one will love your votezzz...

You live in some alternative universe. Debt is skyrocketing because the left want trillions in “Covid relief”. Look at the the things that were funded in the first stimulus package. Get a clue

Now the second package that sits unvoted on because it has even more liberal pork. Please.

That's more than enough for me to decide which way I will vote.

My uncle was a Vietnam War POW, his helicopter shot down while on recovery mission. He spent almost 3 years in a prison and was routinely tortured, the details are pretty gruesome. Any president who would openly mock a United States military POW is a human POS in my book. Five (5) draft deferments for fake bone spurs and later joked about it. I wonder if any of the "suckers" who took his place were captured or died in Nam. Can't wait to piss on his grave.

My uncle was a Vietnam War POW, his helicopter shot down while on recovery mission. He spent almost 3 years in a prison and was routinely tortured, the details are pretty gruesome. Any president who would openly mock a United States military POW is a human POS in my book. Five (5) draft deferments for fake bone spurs and later joked about it. I wonder if any of the "suckers" who took his place were captured or died in Nam. Can't wait to piss on his grave.

Except it didn't happen. The gentle wise patriots (lmao) you are aligned with are in Gavin's video.

aaannnnnnnd here's the truth about The Atlantic:

Sir, I'm an old geezer/Vietnam vet too and am truly disgusted at the endless lies the snowflakes throw around everywhere. Do you really believe anything & everything they state? Well, obviously you do. Whatever makes you happy......but you better hope I'm not alive and am anywhere around his grave while you're pissing on it.

You realize the data can't be accurate because of the number of people who haven't been tested and never will be. That data also can't be trusted because the virus has been politicized. (math is racist anyway so let's avoid that in the future, okay brother?)

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/10/math-racist-university-illinois-professor/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/sns-tns-bc-edu-math-racist-20191010-story.html
Hmm.... Math is racist. Just a wild guess, but I’m betting people of Asian and Indian (India) decent are not part of this group.

Sir, I'm an old geezer/Vietnam vet too and am truly disgusted at the endless lies the snowflakes throw around everywhere. Do you really believe anything & everything they state? Well, obviously you do. Whatever makes you happy......but you better hope I'm not alive and am anywhere around his grave while you're pissing on it.
If you approve of draft dodgers that denigrate American POWs that is certainly your prerogative. I hope my uncle lives long enough to join me there.

Last edited:
I'm not a draft dodger. Period.

Also, how many of the other 10,000+ college students that received education deferments (including B. Clinton) do you call draft dodger?
My bad - yes Bill Clinton was a draft dodger also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT