ADVERTISEMENT

I think we have a good chance of 10 wins...your thoughts?

wtg2320

Walk On
Dec 18, 2006
I know that I am probably drinking to much of the koolaid, and I might be underestimating how hard it will be to be installing a whole new offense, but I look at the roster and the schedule and I seem to think we have a good chance at 10 wins here is why...

QB- We have a two year starter, I know that this will be a new offense for him, but I think Riley will play to his strengths this year while also trying to install his offense gradually. This is obviously to most important position on the field but if Tommy can build on how he played in the second half of the bowl game he has a chance of doing some good things this year.

RB- I think we have a bunch of unproven talent in the backfield this year and I am really excited about Taylor. I believe that some of these guys will separate themselves by the time we get through the noncon. I truly believe we will be pleasantly surprised with our backs by the end of the year.

WR- We a great group of recievers, Westercamp, Pierson El, Reilly and some really good young guys. I think this will be the strength of our offense and will help Armstrong out tremendously.

TE- We have some great talent at this position Carter and Cotton come to mind. They have not been involved in the offense much but I think we will use them much more this year, in combination with the recievers I think we will really scare some teams with what we can do through the air.

OL- This is probably our biggest question mark on offense. We have some guys that have starting time, and I think Lewis will have a big year. If Cav can get these guys to play tough and mean again I think we could take a step forward on the O line.

DL- VV, Gangwish, Collins, and McMullen are a damn good starting unit, a couple of these guys could end up with national honors by the end of the year. The middle is going to be brutal for opposing offenses which will take pressure off of our D ends. Hopefully this will lead to these guys having big years as well. I think that depth will be the biggest issue with this unit.

LB- This is the biggest question mark on the entire team, mainly because of depth. I think that Bano with flourish in this new system, and Rose will finally be able to prove himself this year. If some of the younger guys can step up this unit may be average to above average as the season progresses.

Secondary- We have so much talent in the secondary that I find it hard to think that this will not be the second best unit on our team. We have a great talent and leader in Gerry, and I think Davie will take a big step forward this year as well. As I stated before we have so much talent in the secondary that we should have not only a great starting unit but great depth as well.

ST- Pierson El as a punt returner is exciting just to think about, he can be a game changer just on PR alone. Foltz is one of the best punters in the country, we saw that last year, this takes a ton of pressure off of our defense. It will be interesting to see who will be returning kicks this year, we have some great young talent, and I think KR could be a great weapon this year as well. Brown should be pretty good at kicker this year, which we will need a good kicker especially when we get deep into the conference schedule.

Am I missing something or am I just drinking to much of the koolaid?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.