ADVERTISEMENT

I think this wil be a long day for the Big 10

I hate to say this, but Minnesota also played Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa. South Dakota State and Georgia Southern are probably both better than Northern Illinois and South Alabama. Conference wise, they had Rutgers instead of Indiana, and Penn State instead of Ohio State. Both had Maryland.

Minnesota's conference schedule might have been a hair easier, but overall they were about the same.

Minnesota played Rutgers and Maryland... Nebraska played Indiana and Maryland along with B1G champ Ohio St.. The Trump card in the argument..

And Nebraska played a power 5 team even if it was Colorado on the road..

Reactions: huskerssalts
Quick question:
Which major college football division is likely to finish the year with three top 15 teams?

Can we get this crew to officiate our games with Wisconsin next year? That's two holding calls already, which is about two more than anybody has called against Wisconsin all decade.
Did UW need an explanation of the holding rule?

Reactions: headcard
Wisconsin has to win for the B1G West to have 3 teams in the top 15..
Would you drop them below both Iowa and Minnesota if they lose a close one? I don't see losing to the No. 6 team in the Rose Bowl as disqualifying. I'm trying to figure out who's better. Here are 14 teams, if Wisconsin loses, that could be ranked ahead of them:
  • SEC East (Florida and Georgia)
  • SEC West (Alabama and LSU)
  • ACC (Clemson)
  • Big XII (Baylor and Zero U.)
  • Pac-12 North (Oregon and Washington)
  • Big Ten East (OSU and PSU)
  • Big Ten West (Minnesota and Iowa)
  • Independents (Notre Dame)
Who else? Navy, Cincy, Memphis? Don't see it. Boise? Not likely? Auburn? Nope. Appalachian State? Really?

Personally, I see the Big Ten West as the most balanced-at-the-top division, worthy of three teams in the Top 15. And we competed reasonably well against Wisconsin and played Iowa to a virtual dead heat. We won't win the division next year because those teams are all still likely to be very good, but we can compete better and beat the teams we should.

That hit on Herbert after he scored, the Wisconsin player was totally pushed into him. Not really a big deal, but it was obvious.

That OPI penalty was pure crap, yet another B1G team screwed.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
That hit on Herbert after he scored, the Wisconsin player was totally pushed into him. Not really a big deal, but it was obvious.

That OPI penalty was pure crap, yet another B1G team screwed.
The call was fine with me. The receiver did push off while the ball was in the air.

The call was fine with me. The receiver did push off while the ball was in the air.
He did, because the defender was all over him. Had no effect on the play, shouldn't have been called. Wisconsin killed themselves with the turnovers, but the refs inserted themselves into the game with that call.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
He did, because the defender was all over him. Had no effect on the play, shouldn't have been called. Wisconsin killed themselves with the turnovers, but the refs inserted themselves into the game with that call.
Yeah....kind of hard to blame refs for a loss when you have 4 turnovers...plus 8 other penalties.

The hit on Oregon QB shouldn't have been called, but a Wisconsin player shoved an Oregon player in the back, and that should've been called but wasn't. Kind of a wash at the end.

Yeah....kind of hard to blame refs for a loss when you have 4 turnovers...plus 8 other penalties.

The hit on Oregon QB shouldn't have been called, but a Wisconsin player shoved an Oregon player in the back, and that should've been called but wasn't. Kind of a wash at the end.

exactly what I pointed out. This loss falls squarely on those Wisconsin players...

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
Wisconsin gets so used to the BIG 10 refs letting them do what ever they want and not calling a thing and then this group actually calls penalties on them...Wisconsin was at a loss of what to do lol

wisconsin be like ...“Hey, what gives...the BIG 10 refs let us do that and get away with it”...

Love it Wisconsin loses the rose bowl and loses the National championship game in volleyball. Couldn’t happen to a better university beside I#%% but they’ll never be that good

Wisconsin gets so used to the BIG 10 refs letting them do what ever they want and not calling a thing and then this group actually calls penalties on them...Wisconsin was at a loss of what to do lol

wisconsin be like ...“Hey, what gives...the BIG 10 refs let us do that and get away with it”...

Exactly!! It must have blown their mind.....

These threads are always fun to look at in retrospect...got so many expert prognosticators among us

4-5 this year - 44%
on par for the decade

Last edited:
Bowl win percentage is not necessarily a good indicator of overall strength. The Big 10 usually gets invited to better bowls and play more SEC teams than the other conferences is why they have a lower win percentage. The Big 10 was right up there with the SEC this year and there was a bigger gap with the other conferences.

Reactions: Mudge1026
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT