ADVERTISEMENT

I still want Fleck

His character is extremely questionable. He went 3 years without getting another HC job because no one was going to pay more than his Arkansas contract so it just wasn’t worth it to him to do the work as HC and not earn any more money for it. I’m not going to fault the guy for that on a personal level but on a professional level, you’ve got to have insane passion to be a head coach here. What he did those 3 years makes me question his desire
Went to a lot of all you can eat buffets.

Reactions: bananabucket
Pretty interesting how many of the same posters openly rooting for the team to fail while Frost was coach, because he needed fired, are still openly rooting for the team to fail, after he’s been fired and long gone.
Pointing out that Illinois is going to kill us doesn't mean I'm rooting for it. Did you go around saying the same thing to people predicting a Purdue blowout?

I don't care what others think

But at this point I would take Bielima or Dino Babers. We need a coach to come in and overhaul these lines as soon as they possibly can and all 3 would do that. I don't care if people think he's a douche like Fleck or Bielema. We also cannot continue to allow opponents to absolutely dominate us in Time of Possesion. Even with Palmer it costs us. Our program should be determined to have some kind of successful ground game. I haven't heard from MJ his vision in that
Shut. The. Fuçk. Up.

You dumbshits saying Fleck is failing at Minnesota so would fail here are pretty much admitting our program is and should be on par with Minnesota. He has nothing to work with up there compared to what he would have in Lincoln. Enjoy your pass game, enjoy not having a line and enjoy mediocrity

Not one mention of Babers who I also threw in. Most of you are retarded

You dumbshits saying Fleck is failing at Minnesota so would fail here are pretty much admitting our program is and should be on par with Minnesota. He has nothing to work with up there compared to what he would have in Lincoln. Enjoy your pass game, enjoy not having a line and enjoy mediocrity

I’m very excited to watch you die on this hill

Putrid opinion deserving of all the mockery sure to be hurled

Only an absolute dipshit would want PJ and the Flecktards to bring their sorry act to Lincoln

I’m very excited to watch you die on this hill

Putrid opinion deserving of all the mockery sure to be hurled

Only an absolute dipshit would want PJ and the Flecktards to bring their sorry act to Lincoln
I want his lines and his defense. We would be a vastly better team with him here than what we've had the last 5 years. You're pretty ****ing stupid

Reactions: thall_
Pointing out that Illinois is going to kill us doesn't mean I'm rooting for it. Did you go around saying the same thing to people predicting a Purdue blowout?

Let’s look at Illinois for a second. 1-1 on the road and their one loss was against @Indiana. And their other road game was against Wisconsin, at an extremely low point in the Badgers season. Illinois also played some major run heavy teams and some really bad offenses. The one pass happy team they played, you probably guessed it, Indiana.

I want his lines and his defense. We would be a vastly better team with him here than what we've had the last 5 years. You're pretty ****ing stupid

Ironic last sentence. And if being better than the last 5 years is the barometer, we can easily find 100 coaches that can do better than that. And yes your boy PJ would be one, which is literally the nicest thing I can find to say about him.

Babers is under .500 at Syracuse and was on the chopping block. He had 1 good year and then went 5-7, 1-10, 5-7. Yikes…. He’s rebounded this year but you are what your record says you are.

And yet, the Flecktard accomplished what few of his peers could and lost to Frost - by a lot

He has reached his apex, unlike your stupidity

But at this point I would take Bielima or Dino Babers. We need a coach to come in and overhaul these lines as soon as they possibly can and all 3 would do that. I don't care if people think he's a douche like Fleck or Bielema. We also cannot continue to allow opponents to absolutely dominate us in Time of Possesion. Even with Palmer it costs us. Our program should be determined to have some kind of successful ground game. I haven't heard from MJ his vision in that
I do not see any reason for hiring Babars. Another Mike Riley. A flavor of the month type of coach. He is 35-43 with one bowl appearance during his tenure at Syracuse. This is only his second winning season at Syracuse. Two years ago the Orangemen were 1-11. Haven’t we had enough of these type of coaches?

Yeah from his posting history there’s some question of allegiances.
He’s clearly not a Husker fan. Who was that cat that was doing a study for University of MN and was pretending to be a Husker fan at first, then divulged his real reason for being on our board? Possibly related…

Last edited:
His character is extremely questionable. He went 3 years without getting another HC job because no one was going to pay more than his Arkansas contract so it just wasn’t worth it to him to do the work as HC and not earn any more money for it. I’m not going to fault the guy for that on a personal level but on a professional level, you’ve got to have insane passion to be a head coach here. What he did those 3 years makes me question his desire
Almost as if he laid low for a reason…

Fleck is just the Matt Campbell of the B1G.

exceeds expectations at a shitter school, but is a total weirdo and incapable of week-to-week success despite occasionally giving the big boys a run for their money.

Reactions: BleedRed78
How come Fleck hasn't found a quarterback in The last 5 years? Major red flag.

He's not a total dummy, but he's also not an elite coach. I'd say he's better than average at rowing the boat. He's got a pretty sweet deal going with the goofers. Big checks and low expectations make for a nice life.

Agreed. We need a "three yards and a cloud of dust," boring, ball-control offense.

Character should not be a consideration for coaches or players at this point.

Give me a bunch of bad character winners over some good character losers all day -- and twice on Saturday.

Agreed. We need a "three yards and a cloud of dust," boring, ball-control offense.

Im all for running the ball, controlling the clock, etc. But PJ Fleck still brings absolutely nothing to the table as a HC candidate, zero.

I'm an Illini fan - I don't know what went on with BB at Arkansas but he is (or became) one of the soundest coaches of college football players that I have seen, and I'm old enough to remember the Husker glory days of Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne. Maybe my point of reference is tainted after experiencing guys like Ron Turner, Ron Zook, Tim Beckman, Bill Cubit, and Lovie Smith. BB is a humble guy, speaks directly, and praises everyone else connected to the program. He brought in 2 JC OL this year and they are starting, and he's starting to stack the OL room with recruits. He immediately fired his first OC after one year and brought in Lunney who is doing a great job. The DC will be a head coach soon. Sure, he could stand to lose a few pounds (or 50-60) but the players listen to him and respect him.
Nebraska fans deserve better - hiring really good head coaches is hard, whether it's college or the pros. Look at Notre Dame this year - they kept the same OC that was there under Kelly and promoted the DC, whom many experts thought was going to be a HC somewhere someday. I don't know who you can get or will get but your AD has a lot more to sell than Illinois' AD did two years ago. Fleck, IMO, isn't the answer and I don't think he'll even be on the list. Meyer ain't happening. But good luck - it will be good for college football and the B1G for Nebraska to be really good at football again.

I don't want to get in a fistfight over it, but I would take Fleck. He's a weird POS... but he makes it work. I agree with Bruce that his ceiling would be higher in Lincoln. Having said that it seems really unlikely and we'll just continue to hate him when he beats us 75% of the time going forward. That's just how it is until we prove otherwise.

Let’s look at Illinois for a second. 1-1 on the road and their one loss was against @Indiana. And their other road game was against Wisconsin, at an extremely low point in the Badgers season. Illinois also played some major run heavy teams and some really bad offenses. The one pass happy team they played, you probably guessed it, Indiana.
That's an incomplete analysis of the Illinois/Indiana game. Illinois turned it over 3 times in the redzone against IU, punted poorly, had one TD erroneously called back (complete failure by officiating crew and replay officials), and IU was granted a FG that looked wide of the goalposts. And lost by 4. Game ending drive by IU was the only thing that the coaches and players felt was a failure, and it was, cost the Illini the game. But IU is not a "pass happy team". LOL.

You are completely wrong.

How so? He hasn’t proven a thing at Minnesota. He wins at the same rate as the coaches before him and is coming off back to back loses to Illinois and Purdue. I see absolutely nothing to be excited about with that clown.

I don't want to get in a fistfight over it, but I would take Fleck. He's a weird POS... but he makes it work. I agree with Bruce that his ceiling would be higher in Lincoln. Having said that it seems really unlikely and we'll just continue to hate him when he beats us 75% of the time going forward. That's just how it is until we prove otherwise.

How does he make it work? What is he doing that impresses you? He hasn’t done anything. Sure he beats us, but everyone has beat us, since Frost got to town.

How does he make it work? What is he doing that impresses you? He hasn’t done anything. Sure he beats us, but everyone has beat us, since Frost got to town.
He's winning at a higher rate than either Kill or Claeys, admittedly the margin is small. He's definitely not a big time hire but I think he makes it work by being different than the anonymous horde of mid-level coaches. I like that he produces strong lines and running backs. I know he's a tool but my opinion is that he would win here. I've said numerous times that I don't enjoy pointless arguments, and I don't think there's any chance of him coaching Nebraska, so whatever....

How so? He hasn’t proven a thing at Minnesota. He wins at the same rate as the coaches before him and is coming off back to back loses to Illinois and Purdue. I see absolutely nothing to be excited about with that clown.
I didn’t say he was exciting. You said he brings nothing. And that’s simply not true.

Fleck is just the Matt Campbell of the B1G.

exceeds expectations at a shitter school, but is a total weirdo and incapable of week-to-week success despite occasionally giving the big boys a run for their money.
Not sure how you can say Minnesota is a shitty school? And Matt Campbell is anything but weird. He's a solid, high-character dude.

• Haha
Not sure how you can say Minnesota is a shitty school? And Matt Campbell is anything but weird. He's a solid dude.
cuz both are true
FNDSL9bVEAImHsE

You post an unrelated picture trying to rationalize an ignorant post. Minnesota is a fine school. And Matt Campbell is a good dude.

• Haha
Bielema is intriguing. Fleck got his butt handed to him today. Love the emphasis Bielema places in the trenches. After the start minnesota had, the last two games have really shown how one dimensional minnesota is. Make Morgan beat you and you’ve got the victory. He can’t do it.

I would take Bielema over Fleck any day. And I don’t like either of those guys.
Fleck can row a boat better than Bielema can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT