ADVERTISEMENT

I still love Mickey

Having a likable personality or being a person who fought for a cause (Husker football) I believe in, doesn’t make a difference to me. What he did reveals his character.
Not necessarily true. We do not know all the details. And I'm not saying what he did is ok.
But if she had an affair what does this say about here?
Just sayin.

Bad coach and bad person. I got attacked for a special Olympics joke, but I didn't go far enough. Mickey is pure human garbage. Glad dumb fans don't pick coaches or we'd have ended up with a domestic abuser who sucks at coaching football. At least frost didn't choke women. Mickey's Nebraska stint was an unmitigated disaster from start to finish. Good riddance loser!
Do you feel big? Lol

This is not for you to forgive, and people don’t generally break in to the domestic assault business in their mid-50s. We all have our issues, but let’s not pretend we know things about people that we don’t.
You shouldn’t pretend that you know how you would react to find out your wife is screwing somebody else minutes before the biggest job interview if your life either.

1998, I slapped a woman across the face. Year long relationship and she was screwing my best friend. I was 31 years old. I caught them in bed. Emotions. I could have easily kicked his butt but I took it out on her. She was an absolute loon and I knew it but do you think that made a difference In my mind? Thank the good lord she didn’t call the cops because she sure could have. This same woman proceeded to systematically nail every one of my friends because she could…..and apparently they didn’t care either. Anyway, this weird bi*** still tries to get ahold of me to this day. Yesterday she called me saying “ I don’t know how but I accidentally called you “. This was after changing numbers 3 times. I immediately blocked her. I take what women say with a grain of salt but you know what? According to what I’m seeing on here I am a piece of s**t.
Absolutely not…you did something you should not have, and
You shouldn’t pretend that you know how you would react to find out your wife is screwing somebody else minutes before the biggest job interview if your life either.
fair enough.

So why are you following this and posting in this topic?
Just saying
What part of “looking forward to” is hard to understand? Did I criticize anyone for discussing Mickey? It’s obviously going to be the major topic for awhile, but yeah, I’m looking forward to moving on to other topics.

so was she messing with another women or steve taylor?

Remorseful sure, he's probably remorseful that she called the police this time. Rarely is this type of thing a one off event.

Character or in this case lacking character is exposed when someone is pushed.
You have no idea what went on. The only two people who know for sure are Mickey and his wife. Stop making stuff up. Take a breath and let things unfold. I am not giving Mickey a pass, but can we get both sides and all the facts before we crucify him.

It is hard to keep up with all the felonies.

Ikr? Kinda like the City Boyz, DJK, Everson and Satterfield, Pierre Pierce, and the never explained Marcus Coker dismissal?

Just STFU. Every program has these issues, and Iowa’s programs are far from reaching sainthood.

I know this guys who’s wife was screwing around he caught the two in bed and proceeded to beat the guy within a inch of his life. The best one was the family that owned fairbury hotdogs not( wimmers) he was dicken some Dr wife in Wichita the Dr came home again caught the two in bed and the Dr shot him in the balls. And that’s Gods honest truth. It was widely known in Fairbury

• Wow
Reactions: dinglefritz
The police report is pretty damning. The support really needs to stop.
The police report is strictly what Mickeys wife and her brother told the police combined with any visible findings. Of course it’s damning. It isn’t the whole story.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The police report is strictly what Mickeys wife and her brother told the police combined with any visible findings. Of course it’s damning. It isn’t the whole story.
The police comments about the swelling around the eye goes with what she stated. Look I get there is 2 sides of every story. But come on. You are spinning this as much as you are the players hitting the portal. Sometime a spade is a spade.

I'm ok with mickey being a wr coach...

adultrey causes alot of problems for kids in the country, and if some one gets a couple lumps for it.
it's better then a whole generation of kids thinking, epicurian hedonisum is cool.

The police comments about the swelling around the eye goes with what she stated. Look I get there is 2 sides of every story. But come on. You are spinning this as much as you are the players hitting the portal. Sometime a spade is a spade.
I come from a family of attorneys. I have had several close friends who are attorneys. I know to not believe everything you read in a police report.

I come from a family of attorneys. I have had several close friends who are attorneys. I know to not believe everything you read in a police report.
Of course you are. With doctors and paleontologist. You have stories for everything. But I don't agree. I know people close with PJ. And this is not in character. Assume what you want. But things won't turn out well.

Of course you are. With doctors and paleontologist. You have stories for everything. But I don't agree. I know people close with PJ. And this is not in character. Assume what you want. But things won't turn out well.
Married to an MD. One brother was a prosecutor. I’m old and have seen a lot of things in my life. Don’t read my “stories” if you don’t like them. The courts will adjudicate this deal not a message board.

Reactions: Wasker77
And he was upset about that? String him up.
Okay stop. Your point is taken, but there is NO DEFENSE for choking and punching her. I agree with the let it play out in the courts, but you are DEFENDING the behavior of beating (and your lawyer fam can explain how men who choke women in anger are more likely to murder them) women because of infidelity. Get a divorce! He didn’t walk in on them in the act, her brother was there.

Okay stop. Your point is taken, but there is NO DEFENSE for choking and punching her. I agree with the let it play out in the courts, but you are DEFENDING the behavior of beating (and your lawyer fam can explain how men who choke women in anger are more likely to murder them) women because of infidelity. Get a divorce! He didn’t walk in on them in the act, her brother was there.
It was a joke. Most of the guys on this board would have been upset that they weren’t included in the tryst with the trainer. Damn. Regardless of how awful his actions were I truly feel for the guy. 30 years of work and 6 kids later his whole life just came crashing down due to his irrational reaction to his wife’s bad behavior. I hope he’s on suicide watch.

Absolutely. Police take statements, document what they see in their reports. Reports have the potential to be one-sided. I dont know what happened; will let the court come to a conclusion. If you listened to DB on HailVarsity this morning share his DV incident when in college.....its a prime example of how one sided a police report and allegations can be. ( in his case, his neighbors were witnesses and collaborated the truth)

I was in a DV situation years ago. And I heard comments like " oh, he would never do that." Some of his family thought I was just a liar. So I am not sticking up for MJ. I also know of a situation where an ex-girlfriend lied about being hit to get back at the guy. Story fell apart real quick when the guy/lawyer said they were requesting a jury trial, perjury charges etc. The guy lost his job, his housing etc.

Everyone deserves due process. Him. Her. Others involved. Unfortunately, MJs career is most likely over even if the witnesses refuse to cooperate to move case forward ( happens a lot)

No one wins

Why the hurry to vilify Mickey? That is what we all do. We as a culture are in a rush to judge people who make a mistake. Let it play out and see what the outcome is. I also think it possible to condemn the action and still show empathy for a person in this situation. His life is in chaos.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT