ADVERTISEMENT

I predict Andrew Luck to Denver next year.

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Thought of this last night watching him play. Lucht's contract is up this year (club option not withstanding), they may fire his coach, and his owner is a grade A douchebag. Denver is built to win right freaking now and free agents would line up to play for the Bronco's if this happened. Makes a lot of sense.

No, this isn't about NU football. Right now that's a good thing.

Thought of this last night watching him play. Lucht's contract is up this year (club option not withstanding), they may fire his coach, and his owner is a grade A douchebag. Denver is built to win right freaking now and free agents would line up to play for the Bronco's if this happened. Makes a lot of sense.

No, this isn't about NU football. Right now that's a good thing.

So you are saying Riley might hire Manning for next season? :)

Maybe, but the 49ers needs a QB and they'll back a dump truck of cash to bring Luck to play in Palo Alto.

He will receive potentially the highest contract offer in NFL history to stay in Indy. He isnt going anywhere

Broncos are ready to win a title right now, 49ers kinda suck. He may as well stay with Indy if he doesn't go to an immediate contender.

He will receive potentially the highest contract offer in NFL history to stay in Indy. He isnt going anywhere

You can only spend so much money and all he has to do is look at Flacco since he got is monster deal. Ravens spent so much for the QB spot they had to let guys go, and now they kind of suck, but Flacco has bank. Whooptie doo. I'd rather win, we'll see what Luck's priorities are I guess.

You can only spend so much money and all he has to do is look at Flacco since he got is monster deal. Ravens spent so much for the QB spot they had to let guys go, and now they kind of suck, but Flacco has bank. Whooptie doo. I'd rather win, we'll see what Luck's priorities are I guess.

The QB position is one where the going rate is the going rate. If he did go to Denver, it will be for the same boatload of money that Indy will be willing to pay. QBs of his caliber (and age) are rarely, if ever, on the open market. Cant think of one off the top of my head that changed teams in the last few years other than via trade or the team simply letting them bounce. Brees went to NO, but thats because they went all in on Rivers. Manning to Denver because of Luck. Great QBs are secured, and for good reason. If you lack at that position, you lack as a team and do not win Super Bowls.....with maybe only 2 exceptions in the Ravens and Buccaneers.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if he does re-up with the Colts. It would seem logical.

BUT...

I can't imagine Luck is all that thrilled with the way Irsay (sp?) has treated his head coach after what he went through, along with the embarrassment Irsay brings to the table. Elway would be a much more stable boss with the ability to bring in more talent than Indy going forward.

But above all else, he still hasn't signed with the Colts yet and everyone knew this day was approaching, yet here he is, unsigned.

Don't forget about the Stanford connection with Elway and Luck. Elway was drooling for Luck in the draft, and tried to "suck for Luck". The problem was Tebow didn't get the memo and decided to go out and win too many games that year.

If Luck becomes a free agent, I think Broncos are the favorites. But I don't see it happening.I do see the Colts handing out a maxed out, guaranteed contract a full year before anyone else can do the same. Luck will do a risk-reward analysis, and sign it.

And if Luck does try to pursue free agency, the Colts will franchise him. I think they can do that for two years, plus they have 5th year option on him as a 1st round draft pick. Colts can hold onto him for 3 seasons after this one.

And if Luck does try to pursue free agency, the Colts will franchise him. I think they can do that for two years, plus they have 5th year option on him as a 1st round draft pick. Colts can hold onto him for 3 seasons after this one.

True Dat on the franchise. Most likely my prediction will fall as flat as most of my others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT