ADVERTISEMENT

I needed some motivation

yep I saw the clips and the scores are pretty scary ...we lose to Iowa St, Va Tech and Texas after amazing defensive eforts

Agreed. Offense was nearly the opposite of that defense. Just hard to fathom who was on the '09 defense. Suh, Asante, Hagg, Amukamara, Dennard, Gomes, Dillard, etc. '90s defenses still kick ass. I just needed some motivation on a windy northwesterly Monday in Nebraska. No better way to get some adrenaline going than seeing Baylor's QB get plunged to the ground, Blaine Gabbert smushed in the rain or Colt McCoy literally getting tossed.

I guess what I miss, were those days as a kid, playing in the yard, my dad working on something in the garage, the radio blasting the call of the game. You were tuned in to it, cause any moment, Lyle would start in, to the 35, 40, 45, 50, etc.. the excitement would just build and build, as we ripped off runs like this seemingly at will.

Of course I was just a kid then, but I remember this so well, and between the excitement and the call of the game, I could just picture everything happening and wanted to hear those yard markers again and again. And then us kids would reenact the scene, calling out those yards as we scored touchdown after touchdown and the crowd went wild. Those were the days. :)

Reactions: Brew-sker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT