ADVERTISEMENT

I might be wrong....

Well Rhule himself said in an interview that he was scheduled to meet with Mickey the day after the incident before that happened and changed things. He said they were supposed to discuss a job for Mickey. So the takeaway is that Mickey was going to have a job offer IF the conversation went well. Mickey or his wife ruined those chances.

...we don't have a WR coach yet, do we? Which MAYBE leads me to believe it MIGHT have been Mickey, as well as Associate Head Coach....until the 'activity'...is that possible?
It's probable. The question would have been whether MJ would have accepted it.

JMO, I kinda think that Rhule and MJ were gonna shake on a deal that afternoon. Kinda think Rhule knew MJ would be the key to keeping kids here.
I think Mickeys Zoom interview with Tulsa was supposed to take place about the same time police were called

Reactions: headcard
Well Rhule himself said in an interview that he was scheduled to meet with Mickey the day after the incident before that happened and changed things. He said they were supposed to discuss a job for Mickey. So the takeaway is that Mickey was going to have a job offer IF the conversation went well. Mickey or his wife ruined those chances.
He'd probably be top 3 highest paid receiver coaches right now if had just contacted a divorce attorney...

How about just leave
Why not give Mickey a second chance, no I don’t condone violence against women but how about part of his punishment would be to give talks on his experience and how to avoid abusing Your spouse. Everyone is willing to give a guy with 3 dui another opportunity. Everyone makes mistakes some worse than others but we also are forgiving people. Not to get to religious, Jesus did tell the people that wanted to stone the woman, the one without sin cast the first stone and he also to the woman go and sin no more. My sermon for the year

Why not give Mickey a second chance, no I don’t condone violence against women but how about part of his punishment would be to give talks on his experience and how to avoid abusing Your spouse. Everyone is willing to give a guy with 3 dui another opportunity. Everyone makes mistakes some worse than others but we also are forgiving people. Not to get to religious, Jesus did tell the people that wanted to stone the woman, the one without sin cast the first stone and he also to the woman go and sin no more. My sermon for the year
Duck. The lynch mob is coming. I don’t see anyway they can keep him

This is a public university not a rehab facility. Beatng the shit out of a woman is not going to fly at public institutions.

"Everyone is willing to give a guy with 3 dui another opportunity". Not me, in this situation.

I don’t really care what he wants to do on his own time .. maybe he can start a prison ministry… he should have no connection what so ever to the university of Nebraska going forward

Nebraska and Trev gave him the chance of a lifetime and as a result the university and program is in a much much worse position

...we don't have a WR coach yet, do we? Which MAYBE leads me to believe it MIGHT have been Mickey, as well as Associate Head Coach....until the 'activity'...is that possible?
Would have been a positive on many fronts if he stayed on. Jeesh talk about your all time backfires. So disappointed.

Reactions: headcard
I think they were trying to line up a good situation for him and then he tried to strangle his wife. For the kids currently baling on the program, the former sentence is true.

I think they were giving him time to try to get the Tulsa job and then when he didn’t he was going to sign to stay on with Nebraska.

I will never understand how he lacked the common sense to remove himself from that situation.

Reactions: dpnavy and Baxter48
I think they were giving him time to try to get the Tulsa job and then when he didn’t he was going to sign to stay on with Nebraska.

I will never understand how he lacked the common sense to remove himself from that situation.
I can’t imagine how much capital Trev and others flushed in feverishly making calls on Robert’s behalf trying to get him head coaching opportunities only to have Robert land in the clink on a strangulation charge.

You think anyone around the country is going to pick up the phone if Trev is on the other line with another recommendation.

Think about the current assistants and some considering becoming an assistant knowing that your current or future AD won’t be able to give you any kind of meaningful endorsement because he just gave his highest recommendation to a person like Robert Joseph.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I can’t imagine how much capital Trev and others flushed in feverishly making calls on Robert’s behalf trying to get him head coaching opportunities only to have Robert land in the clink on a strangulation charge.

You think anyone around the country is going to pick up the phone if Trev is on the other line with another recommendation.

Think about the current assistants and some considering becoming an assistant knowing that your current or future AD won’t be able to give you any kind of meaningful endorsement because he just gave his highest recommendation to a person like Robert Joseph.

That’s seems ridiculously frantic and over the top. Do you really believe that?

That’s seems ridiculously frantic and over the top. Do you really believe that?
You think programs are putting any weight to a rec from Trev after he spent the better part of the last 2 weeks singing the praises of Robert Joseph?

They are all thanking their lucky stars that they didn’t pull the trigger on Trev’s rec before all this went down - Rhule as well

You think after the last week Matt Rhule wants to hear Trevs thoughts about who he thinks might be a good assistant or associate head coach?

Mickey Fd up. We all make choices and suffer the consequences. In regards to giving another opportunity to someone who has 3 DUIs , the only opportunity they need is a big ole oak tree to prevent a 4th.

You think programs are putting any weight to a rec from Trev after he spent the better part of the last 2 weeks singing the praises of Robert Joseph?

They are all thanking their lucky stars that they didn’t pull the trigger on Trev’s rec before all this went down - Rhule as well

You think after the last week Matt Rhule wants to hear Trevs thoughts about who he thinks might be a good assistant or associate head coach?

This isn’t Trev’s doing. He may have been impressed with the job Mickey did and I’m sure he relaid that, but there was no way for him to know this would happen, there was no history, etc. Should MJ’s previous supervisors have known? Should we be pissed at them? No, this is Mickey’s mess and only his.

This isn’t Trev’s doing. He may have been impressed with the job Mickey did and I’m sure he relaid that, but there was no way for him to know this would happen, there was no history, etc. Should MJ’s previous supervisors have known? Should we be pissed at them? No, this is Mickey’s mess and only his.
Not Trevs fault at all … I didn’t mean to give that impression … but unfortunately Trev is going to suffer from the collateral damage caused by Robert

Again if you are Rhule or another program - are you more or less confident in any recs Trev might have after the last week?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mack In Motion
Perhaps he can get on Liberty's staff as a WR coach. Liberty seems to be the place for disgraced coaches to get a second chance.

give mickey 20k for a 5 star and 15k for a 4 star...
then keep him in a back office as a recruiting analist..
then he can keep his head above water and hopefully become reformed,
the kids eat, tax payer isn't burdened and
NU football and players do well too

I don’t really care what he wants to do on his own time .. maybe he can start a prison ministry… he should have no connection what so ever to the university of Nebraska going forward

Nebraska and Trev gave him the chance of a lifetime and as a result the university and program is in a much much worse position
the program is in a much much worse position because of Mickey?

I agree 100% that things seem to be unraveling, but all that seems to be AFTER the announcement of Rhule as head coach.

I assume once everything is burned to the ground, we can start over, but we are going to lose some players and recruits, and you're seeing some of the fallout in personal relationships after watching someone else get an eye popping 72 million dollar deal all while for the last 9 weeks you were led to believe it might be you.

I don't think the money motivated MJ, but I bet 100% it does his wife. To watch that be so close and to slip out of her fingers.. well, people are still human beings and the situation sure can't be easy.

As for the program, it's going down another notch, and Rhule will have to start at ground zero. This is why I didn't want to see this happen, because we were close enough to make the jump with some decent linemen and qb play.. now, we are at least 2 years away IF Matt does a stellar job, and more likely 3 years away from a winning season.

Not Trevs fault at all … I didn’t mean to give that impression … but unfortunately Trev is going to suffer from the collateral damage caused by Robert

Again if you are Rhule or another program - are you more or less confident in any recs Trev might have after the last week?
No he is not. Trev is not responsible for Mickey, Mickey is. You seem to have lots imof negative hate here.

People make mistakes, that's part if being human. If you look at things on the macro level, everyone is recommended by several people before they fail in life. That isn't on Trev or anyone else. I am sure Tom endorsed some people who messed up, that is on the person, not Trev or Tom or whomever.

Do you hate Trev or what?

No he is not. Trev is not responsible for Mickey, Mickey is. You seem to have lots imof negative hate here.

People make mistakes, that's part if being human. If you look at things on the macro level, everyone is recommended by several people before they fail in life. That isn't on Trev or anyone else. I am sure Tom endorsed some people who messed up, that is on the person, not Trev or Tom or whomever.

There seems to be a strong echo of whatever Shanle says. Shanle likened Trev to Pederson.

And again what is Shanle’s claim to fame?
Former Husker charter Tradition Coalition member. I think what he’s really butthurt about is Rhule firing his buddy Joe Brady from Carolina. Brady and Shanle we’re both Saints guys. Shanle has a ring with the Saints and has his own podcast he promotes.

Not at all .. lot of respect and sympathy for trev

Feel really bad that Mickey (aka Robert the strangler) Joseph took a crap all over him and the university after they provided him a great opportunity and went to bat for him

Exactly. It's not like Trev had a crystal ball and could predict that Mickey was going to snap

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT