ADVERTISEMENT

I know the board will love this, Omar Manning vs Cam Taylor-Britt 1 v 1

Omar looks fast! I am pleased.

they say for a WR that stands 6’4 230 pounds, you’d expect him to be on the slower side but thats not the case with Manning. He’s fast in and out of cuts and he’s deceptively fast. Some coaches have gone as far as saying he’s an NFL WR talent now.

The expectations are high for Manning and it’s kind of unfair, to be honest. But this is one WR I think will more then live up to his hype. He honestly reminds me of Patrick Turner from USC. He has that size and pure strength but he’s also got the speed to go with it. Hopefully he can produce like Patrick Turner, Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett and those 6’4-6’5 230 pound USC WRs did back in the 2000s....GBR.

Last edited:
they say for a WR that stands 6’4 230 pounds, you’d expect him to be on the slower side but thats not the case with Manning. He’s fast in and out of cuts and he’s deceptively fast. Some coaches have gone as far as saying he’s an NFL WR talent now.

The expectations are high for Manning and it’s kind of unfair, to be honest. But this is one WR I think will more then live up to his hype. He honestly reminds me of Patrick Turner from USC. He has that size and pure strength but he’s also got the speed to go with it. Hopefully he can produce like Patrick Turner, Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett and those 6’4-6’5 230 pound USC WRs did back in the 2000s....GBR.

Here's a better comparison for Manning, IMO:

Reactions: huskerssalts
Good coverage or bad route running?

that’s definitely great coverage, he’s all over Betts from the beginning all the way up till the cut back. There wasn’t a thing Betts could do. And if you watch the other clips of Delancy, he is same way all most every time (granted, we are only seeing a few clips) Even the time vs Omar Manning (although in that clip the QB throws a horrible pass, lead Manning inside and I got a feeling Omar beats Delancy there).

Last edited:
Reactions: SkerInCo
He may have cherry picked some highlights, but his coverage was excellent in those clips. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come!
There is no way to cherry pick highlights right now. All we can do right now is see what’s being posted and these are it for now.

There is no way to cherry pick highlights right now. All we can do right now is see what’s being posted and these are it for now.
Yes. I mean whoever is posting the clips is only showing us the highlights. Delancy may not look as wonderful over the course of a whole game as he does in those two practice clips. That's all I'm saying. And yes, as I said ITT earlier, I'll take whatever football crumbs we can get right now.

There was plenty of people saying Delancy was very underrated and should have been a 4 star at minimum. So far, as a true freshman that hasn’t had a bunch of power 5 training yet, he sure looks solid.

I love the fact he trusts his speed to match up with anyone he’s covering. He’s whiling to play press coverage and he’s going nose to nose with 2 Top 100 level WRs and he’s matching up with them. That alone will help him become a great CB. GBR

Last edited:
Can't wait to get back to posters ragging on AM , Chin, special teams or anything to do with football on the field vs whether covid is real?
One of those issues we won’t have to worry about again, that’s Chin and special teams. We got that guy from the Auburn Tigers now. That alone should help a ton.

Adrain Martinez, I’ll bet anyone, anything he will look a lot better this year (or the next time we play again). He will be More like his true freshman year and No were near his sophomore year. :)

actually it’s just great coverage. When you have a guy draped all over you like a wet paper sack, your route running isnt going to look good. That’s all Delancy there and it wouldn’t have matter what Betts did route running wise.

But being fair and real about it, Betts is a true freshman and he hasn’t had much training with Matt Lubick yet. So I’m sure he still needs to work on his route running still.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr
that’s definitely great coverage, he’s all over Betts from the beginning all the way up till the cut back. There wasn’t a thing Betts could do. And if you watch the other clips of Delancy, he is same way all most every time (granted, we are only seeing a few clips) Even the time vs Omar Manning (although in that clip the QB throws a horrible pass, lead Manning inside and I got a feeling Omar beats Delancy there).

Wasn't bad coverage but it was a HORRIBLE route. Lets be honest about that. With that route I don't.think it was hard to have good coverage. That's the Betts one I'm talking about.

NOW with the Manning one a throw that leads him inside and Delancy is toast. That was a horrible throw. Even still he didn't have bad coverage. Its hard when a guy Manning has a two way go. Delaney got in his back pocket but a good throw beats him there. Fwiw I love the kid. Think he has a shot!

Holla

Wasn't bad coverage but it was a HORRIBLE route. Lets be honest about that. With that route I don't.think it was hard to have good coverage. That's the Betts one I'm talking about.

NOW with the Manning one a throw that leads him inside and Delancy is toast. That was a horrible throw. Even still he didn't have bad coverage. Its hard when a guy Manning has a two way go. Delaney got in his back pocket but a good throw beats him there. Fwiw I love the kid. Think he has a shot!

Holla

I have even said that much “although in that clip the QB throws a horrible pass, lead Manning inside and I got a feeling Omar beats Delancy there”. Manning set him up good but the QB makes a horrible pass. As simple as that. Manning definitely has him with a good bullet to the inside.

Outside that, I still give credit to Delancy on the coverage vs Betts. Both are true freshmen still learning. Ronald Delancy is showing he’s got the skill set to be a great one with Fishers training. I’ll leave it as that...GBR

So Big Ten schools are able to practice like this but not play games? Ridiculous.

So Big Ten schools are able to practice like this but not play games? Ridiculous.

If we can’t play, then I’m at least glad they allow our players to work out and practice together at the very least. But I agree, I’d so much rather have us playing and all that. But if not, at least let the players, coaches and so on keep working and practicing.

The one advantage we gain by this is its bringing our freshmen and jucos that much farther along. By the time we play again, we may see more true freshmen ready then we ever have in the past.

Two, we need the depth anyways...so there is that. That’s the one advantage we gain out of all this, guys like N Joseph, O Manning, E. Mauga-Clements, J Riley, N Cooper, P Payne and the true freshmen will be that much farther along.

Last edited:
While it is obviously a bit of an anomaly, Delancy had 4 interceptions last year and returned 3 of those for TDs. Playmaker, physical, motivated by his late father’s legacy.

Tamon Lynum was also less heralded but supposedly making an early impression after he arrived.
And more importantly, they’re both still here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT