ADVERTISEMENT

I just laugh..

I'm incapable of jumping as high as an NBA player. It's impossible for me. That's because it'll never happen. You mean to tell me that it's impossible for Frost and this football team to beat Iowa and are "incapable" of doing so No. No it's not.

So you're "not disagreeing" in the post immediately above your response to me, but now you are disagreeing? You seem to equate a competent team with whether or not we can beat Iowa. I'm going to completely disagree with you there.

Trying to get back on track, here's part of the original post that you took exception to:

"Nebraska doesn’t have obscene talent, but they have more than enough to put together a competent product on the field that can at least compete with the teams in their division, and they have been incapable of even doing that."

Do you really disagree with this? The only team that we have a winning record against over the last 3 years is Illinois, who kicked our ass and fired their coach. Illinois. Does that sound "competent" to you? They have been completely, 100% incapable of putting out a competent team. We can say that definitively because we have seen it, first hand. Can they improve and become better? Sure. Will you ever jump as high as an NBA player? No.

to put some data around your discussion regarding competing against the teams in West division ...
Frost is averaging less than 2 (1.666) wins per year against divisional opponents and worse than a 5th place finish

Neb only won one divisional game this year

to put some data around your discussion regarding competing against the teams in West division ...
Frost is averaging less than 2 (1.666) wins per year against divisional opponents and worse than a 5th place finish

Neb only won one divisional game this year
You didn't have to break out the cool math. We watch the games, we know who he wont and lost too.

So you're contention is we just need better players ? We have out recruited everyone in the west for years and we have nothing to show for it. It goes beyond recruiting.
Coming from an outsider, you're right. I am an Iowa fan and development is much more important. Iowa, northwestern and Wisconsin do it very well. I believe in your champion ship years, that's what set NU apart. Its hard for a small state school to reach the kind of dominance NU used to have. Development was you're secret sauce

You didn't have to break out the cool math. We watch the games, we know who he wont and lost too.

fair enough

did you know ...

over the past 3 years every team in the big ten west has played in a bowl game except one. .. you watch the games so I won't insult you with the answer

So Solich was the answer? No one in their right mind believes Frank Solich would be leading this program to championships. So the change would have had to have been made at some point. But the reality is, he shouldn’t have ever been the head coach.

If you want to blame anyone blame Osborne for not allowing Bill Byrne do his job. That was your first destroyed brick.

But we can’t do that because gasp he’s Tom Freaking Osborne.

I read or heard that Alvarez wanted the job at the time.

So Solich was the answer? No one in their right mind believes Frank Solich would be leading this program to championships. So the change would have had to have been made at some point. But the reality is, he shouldn’t have ever been the head coach.

If you want to blame anyone blame Osborne for not allowing Bill Byrne do his job. That was your first destroyed brick.

But we can’t do that because gasp he’s Tom Freaking Osborne.
Great Post!

Way to not entirely sh** on the team. The guys you mentioned were formerly the Shanles, Ruuds , Janovichs and Longs. Buncha miserable local pukes not worthy of their long NFL careers. Stupid post is exceedingly stupid. 👎
Add Mackovickas to that list too. Joel was a stud.

Whats frost's record? Incapable is perfectly appropriate. And there is a saying that goes something like if you lose by a lot, its a player issue, and if you lose by a little, thats a coaching issue.
That sounds scientific. I'm sure the analytics bear that out....

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Herbert Husker
We suck and until we don’t suck we will continue to suck

There is nothing else to say

What? What does science or analytics have to do with it?
"old sayings" and cute lines don't necessarily equate to reality. Team certainly can lose games by large margins due to coaching. Likewise a lack of talent can lead to many lost games by close margins. There's nothing true about your old saying.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
"old sayings" and cute lines don't necessarily equate to reality. Team certainly can lose games by large margins due to coaching. Likewise a lack of talent can lead to many lost games by close margins. There's nothing true about your old saying.

Well, if you want to be goofy about it, and it seems you do, I say to you, "prove it." Prove that there's nothing true about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT