ADVERTISEMENT

I just laugh..

Chuck003

Junior
Nov 6, 2016
Watching Alabama, Clemson, Florida and others and we wonder why we aren't in their league? Not even mentioning the coach, the Henriches, Nelsons, Belt's, Falk's. Reimer's, Stille's and whatever starters we have, seriously make me want to laugh, and now I understand why we are not even remotely close to competing at that level. Not to take anything away from the players, but c'mon man.

Henrich was offered by Florida, LSU, ND, OU, and lots of other big time schools. Belt doesn't even really play, so not sure what he has to do with anything. We've basically always, even on our national title game teams, had guys like Falck, Reimers, Stille, and Nelson contributing (Terwilliger, Ricketts, McPhereson, etc). We need more star type players, there's no doubt.

Henrich was offered by Florida, LSU, ND, OU, and lots of other big time schools. Belt doesn't even really play, so not sure what he has to do with anything. We've basically always, even on our national title game teams, had guys like Falck, Reimers, Stille, and Nelson contributing (Terwilliger, Ricketts, McPhereson, etc). We need more star type players, there's no doubt.
Yes they did. Times have changed from 25 years ago, Those were the days....And that is kind of why we are currently in the position that we are in now.

Reactions: Red I 73
Yes they did. Times have changed from 25 years ago, Those were the days....And that is kind of why we are currently in the position that we are in now.
Eventually the worm will turn. Guys like Fidone could play at any of those schools. When I watched Florida's Pitts, I see a guy like Fidone. We just need more of them. Bama's RB is insane though. He's Adrian Peterson all over again. The location of those schools helps them tremendously. BTW, the guy who caught a winning TD for Clemson in one of their NC games was a 2 star walk on white kid. He plays in the NFL now. 2 former Huskers starting in a game a week ago against each other were walk ons.

Watching Alabama, Clemson, Florida and others and we wonder why we aren't in their league? Not even mentioning the coach, the Henriches, Nelsons, Belt's, Falk's. Reimer's, Stille's and whatever starters we have, seriously make me want to laugh, and now I understand why we are not even remotely close to competing at that level. Not to take anything away from the players, but c'mon man.
So you're contention is we just need better players ? We have out recruited everyone in the west for years and we have nothing to show for it. It goes beyond recruiting.

Wandale and Betts are hits. Brown too, I think. Fleming would have been, but what can you do?

brown has 41 yards receiving this year and Fleming was the ultimate swing and miss - he’s not even on the team right now haha.

I honestly didn’t even know this was up for debate.... WR’s need to get better.

Blame that on Stevie P and Eichorst as well as all of the coaching changes that we have had since Osborne that destroyed the program brick by brick.

Don't forget the Domann's, Honas', Rogers and Ty Robinsons of the world. Those teams Frontline players don't look us.

Our coaching staff must think this is the sixties again....

This is a dumb thread. Two of Clemson's best and most athletic players on defense are white. Clemson, Alabama, and Florida all have great qb's who are white. It doesn't matter if you're black or white. You can be a good football player or a bad football player regardless.

This is a dumb thread. Two of Clemson's best and most athletic players on defense are white. Clemson, Alabama, and Florida all have great qb's who are white. It doesn't matter if you're black or white. You can be a good football player or a bad football player regardless.
You are kind of missing the point. Half of these guys are walk-ons. Which one of these players would be on the three deep for a top ten school. Stille? Possibly. The rest, no way. I don't care if they are blue or green. Not going to be a contender with the talent level we have. And I am not so sure that, as a whole, it is improving. Need to pick it up. This isn't the 90's anymore.

You are kind of missing the point. Half of these guys are walk-ons. Which one of these players would be on the three deep for a top ten school. Stille? Possibly. The rest, no way. I don't care if they are blue or green. Not going to be a contender with the talent level we have. And I am not so sure that, as a whole, it is improving. Need to pick it up. This isn't the 90's anymore.

I see no reason Reimer couldn't play elsewhere. If you're beating out an upper 4 star player like henrich with the offers I listed above, then you're probably at least decent.

I see no reason Reimer couldn't play elsewhere. If you're beating out an upper 4 star player like henrich with the offers I listed above, then you're probably at least decent.
Reimer barring major injuries will get a shot in the NFL. I heard his name a lot as a guy to watch out for. I can see why. Very good player who just needs to mature physically.

Not going to be a contender with the talent level we have. And I am not so sure that, as a whole, it is improving. Need to pick it up. This isn't the 90's anymore.
This isn’t a talent issue. Nebraska has a coaching issue.
Kiffin had obscene talent at USC and they were terrible. Muschamp had obscene talent at Florida and they were terrible.
Nebraska doesn’t have obscene talent, but they have more than enough to put together a competent product on the field that can at least compete with the teams in their division, and they have been incapable of even doing that.

Those elite teams are galaxies away from our team. Bama and Clemson are way ahead of Ohio State and we all know how we’ve fared with the Buckeyes since joining the conference.
Hard to believe we beat a Dabo Swinney coached Clemson team. Look at them since 2009 and then look at us. Good coaching and finding ways to win is the difference.

Blame that on Stevie P and Eichorst as well as all of the coaching changes that we have had since Osborne that destroyed the program brick by brick.

So Solich was the answer? No one in their right mind believes Frank Solich would be leading this program to championships. So the change would have had to have been made at some point. But the reality is, he shouldn’t have ever been the head coach.

If you want to blame anyone blame Osborne for not allowing Bill Byrne do his job. That was your first destroyed brick.

But we can’t do that because gasp he’s Tom Freaking Osborne.

So Solich was the answer? No one in their right mind believes Frank Solich would be leading this program to championships. So the change would have had to have been made at some point. But the reality is, he shouldn’t have ever been the head coach.

If you want to blame anyone blame Osborne for not allowing Bill Byrne do his job. That was your first destroyed brick.

100%. That was the biggest F up of all time. I don't get the Frankie love fest.

This isn’t a talent issue. Nebraska has a coaching issue.
Kiffin had obscene talent at USC and they were terrible. Muschamp had obscene talent at Florida and they were terrible.
Nebraska doesn’t have obscene talent, but they have more than enough to put together a competent product on the field that can at least compete with the teams in their division, and they have been incapable of even doing that.
In all fairness, not sure losing by 3-7 points in 90% of our losses makes us "incapable" of doing that. Means a mistake at the most crucial time. Call it what you want but that's not "incapable".

Reactions: dinglefritz

Actually genuinely curious on what thoughts would be if say Frank was still here today doing the same thing he was doing in the early 2000s with the team? Do you think we'd be Wisconsin/Iowa level? Would we still be in the Big 12?

I wouldn't include Stille in that list.

In all fairness, not sure losing by 3-7 points in 90% of our losses makes us "incapable" of doing that. Means a mistake at the most crucial time. Call it what you want but that's not "incapable".

So far it’s incapable because we haven’t beaten any of our rivals. Close but no cigar isn’t good enough, you eventually have to win. What’s Frost’s signature win by the way? An 0-4 Penn State team? A Michigan St. team that was outside of the top 25 in 2018?

So far it’s incapable because we haven’t beaten any of our rivals. Close but no cigar isn’t good enough, you eventually have to win. What’s Frost’s signature win by the way? An 0-4 Penn State team? A Michigan St. team that was outside of the top 25 in 2018?
I'm not disagreeing really. I just don't think incapable is the right word is all for that situation. Are we incapable of beating Ohio State right now? Yeah, definitely not capable of that. That fits better there.

Whats frost's record? Incapable is perfectly appropriate. And there is a saying that goes something like if you lose by a lot, its a player issue, and if you lose by a little, thats a coaching issue.

Reactions: RothMatt
Whats frost's record? Incapable is perfectly appropriate. And there is a saying that goes something like if you lose by a lot, its a player issue, and if you lose by a little, thats a coaching issue.
I'm incapable of jumping as high as an NBA player. It's impossible for me. That's because it'll never happen. You mean to tell me that it's impossible for Frost and this football team to beat Iowa and are "incapable" of doing so No. No it's not.

Question: I am from KC and I would tune in (when Nebraska [which I did not attend] was in the Big 12) to watch Nebraska vs. Oklahoma or Texas. The games were intense, full of emotion, and vicious hitting. Each team was on afterburners the whole game, desperate to win. I was aware of a growing hatred between Nebraska, and Missouri and even Colorado, and would watch those games as well. Nebraska vs. K-state put on some great, intense games. The crowds in the stadiums were SEC intense and shot the players full of adrenalin. I will still tune in occasionally to watch the Cornhuskers, but usually don't watch too long. Does the absence of history, and real rivalry have an effect on the intensity of play you get from your players? Are the crowds in Lincoln (pre-COVID obviously) as intense in the BIG as they used to be in the 12? Nebraska made a good move to the BIG with regards to stability, money, and academic prestige. A conference of mainly huge, powerful, state flagship schools, but you never get everything.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Question: I am from KC and I would tune in (when Nebraska [which I did not attend] was in the Big 12) to watch Nebraska vs. Oklahoma or Texas. The games were intense, full of emotion, and vicious hitting. Each team was on afterburners the whole game, desperate to win. I was aware of a growing hatred between Nebraska, and Missouri and even Colorado, and would watch those games as well. Nebraska vs. K-state put on some great, intense games. The crowds in the stadiums were SEC intense and shot the players full of adrenalin. I will still tune in occasionally to watch the Cornhuskers, but usually don't watch too long. Does the absence of history, and real rivalry have an effect on the intensity of play you get from your players? Are the crowds in Lincoln (pre-COVID obviously) as intense in the BIG as they used to be in the 12? Nebraska made a good move to the BIG with regards to stability, money, and academic prestige. A conference of mainly huge, powerful, state flagship schools, but you never get everything.

No, it’s not the same. Our football team does not fit and is not wanted. It may have been a good move financially (I don’t know I don’t tune in every Saturday to watch the financial reports) but pissing away 100+ years of history was a terrible decision for our football team.

The conference move has made Nebraska lose their identity.. that and the many coaching changes. Difficulty recruiting, different value system in this conference as well. I think it's been a nail in the coffin for the football program. They had a chance to get out this year, but didn't take it. The program has been put out to pasture and is mostly irrelevant.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I'm incapable of jumping as high as an NBA player. It's impossible for me. That's because it'll never happen. You mean to tell me that it's impossible for Frost and this football team to beat Iowa and are "incapable" of doing so No. No it's not.

So you're "not disagreeing" in the post immediately above your response to me, but now you are disagreeing? You seem to equate a competent team with whether or not we can beat Iowa. I'm going to completely disagree with you there.

Trying to get back on track, here's part of the original post that you took exception to:

"Nebraska doesn’t have obscene talent, but they have more than enough to put together a competent product on the field that can at least compete with the teams in their division, and they have been incapable of even doing that."

Do you really disagree with this? The only team that we have a winning record against over the last 3 years is Illinois, who kicked our ass and fired their coach. Illinois. Does that sound "competent" to you? They have been completely, 100% incapable of putting out a competent team. We can say that definitively because we have seen it, first hand. Can they improve and become better? Sure. Will you ever jump as high as an NBA player? No.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
So you're "not disagreeing" in the post immediately above your response to me, but now you are disagreeing? You seem to equate a competent team with whether or not we can beat Iowa. I'm going to completely disagree with you there.

Trying to get back on track, here's part of the original post that you took exception to:

"Nebraska doesn’t have obscene talent, but they have more than enough to put together a competent product on the field that can at least compete with the teams in their division, and they have been incapable of even doing that."

Do you really disagree with this? The only team that we have a winning record against over the last 3 years is Illinois, who kicked our ass and fired their coach. Illinois. Does that sound "competent" to you? They have been completely, 100% incapable of putting out a competent team. We can say that definitively because we have seen it, first hand. Can they improve and become better? Sure. Will you ever jump as high as an NBA player? No.
What these posts are saying is that we are incapable of beating teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. No, we are not incapable of accomplishing those tasks. Incapable means impossible.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT