ADVERTISEMENT

I just double checked

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Our two RB recruits for 2020 are less than 200 pounds. If HCSF wants this offense to work, he has to get bigger running backs.

If he wants this offense to work then they better worry about that offensive line being the main factor. If you have a dominant line then you can throw people in the backfield who require a rascal scooter and they’ll be successful.
Yep there used to be holes you could drive semi's through. Now we're being met at the hand off.

edeufzkyplnwwnx7ismw

Reactions: dinglefritz
No. Just have to have a competent offensive line.

BUT we don't have a competent offensive line. We don't have a sensible offense. And here it comes … I see no reason to expect our future recruits to be better physically than our current line.

Last edited:
BUT we don't have a competent offensive, We don't have a sensible offense. And here it comes … I see no reason to expect our future recruits to be better physically than our current line.

We had a half decent offensive line last season and in return we fielded a pretty good offense. Why do you expect the future to be the same as today?

They won’t get better overnight, thats for sure. When they’re juniors and seniors I’d have to assume that some of them will be pretty good.

We had a half decent offensive line last season and in return we fielded a pretty good offense. Why do you expect the future to be the same as today?

They won’t get better overnight, thats for sure. When they’re juniors and seniors I’d have to assume that some of them will be pretty good.

Devine Izigbo was close to or more than 220 pounds.

LaMichael James ran for 5,000 yards and scored 51 rushing TD’s in 3 years at Oregon at 5’9” 195. Ameer Abdullah ran for 4500 yards and 39 TD’s at the exact same size at Nebraska in the Big Ten.

And Nebraska this year?

HS seniors continue to grow once they get into college. Shocker! A kid goes to Nebraska at 175 and grows to 195-200 by the time he’s a junior or senior. These guys are playing a long game. They need to develop players over TIME. And have consistent growth and depth. It’s going to take a few years.

HS seniors continue to grow once they get into college. Shocker! A kid goes to Nebraska at 175 and grows to 195-200 by the time he’s a junior or senior. These guys are playing a long game. They need to develop players over TIME. And have consistent growth and depth. It’s going to take a few years.

I'd rather our 2020 RB's start at 220.

Our two RB recruits for 2020 are less than 200 pounds. If HCSF wants this offense to work, he has to get bigger running backs.
The 2 running backs we recruited are the perfect type for this offense. Mills is 220 and he hasn't been able to do much this year.

Exactly!! They don’t want to be starting freshman out of Highschool unless they have proven they are better than who we have. Frost is trying to build a system where Nebraska is playing guys for the first time as juniors, because the last guy who’s been starting for two-three years, is off to the NFL.

Reactions: Husker Hambone
Exactly!! They don’t want to be starting freshman out of Highschool unless they have proven they are better than who we have. Frost is trying to build a system where Nebraska is playing guys for the first time as juniors, because the last guy who’s been starting for two-three years, is off to the NFL.

I would not insult you by pretending you think we should give up this season.

RollingLaughThat’s funny that you posted that next. “not that there’s anything wrong with that.”
giphy.gif

It all starts with blocking. A big receiver would also be helpful with blocking. We miss Warner blocking and receiving.

Blocking is the single most important thing on offense. We can't run or pass block. It's like a circular demonstration of futility.

Our wide receivers can't get open fast enough to take advantage of having 1 high safety, because our pass-pro sucks. Our lineman get pancaked.

We can't block running plays... I don't have any idea, see above I guess. I think Farniok should quit talking to the press about technique and Jurgens.

Long winded answer. A big running back won't be necessarily good, because he would never get the forward momentum to use his added bulk.

It all starts with blocking. A big receiver would also be helpful with blocking. We miss Warner blocking and receiving.

Blocking is the single most important thing on offense. We can't run or pass block. It's like a circular demonstration of futility.

Our wide receivers can't get open fast enough to take advantage of having 1 high safety, because our pass-pro sucks. Our lineman get pancaked.

We can't block running plays... I don't have any idea, see above I guess. I think Farniok should quit talking to the press about technique and Jurgens.

Long winded answer. A big running back won't be necessarily good, because he would never get the forward momentum to use his added bulk.

More years of no bowls means far fewer practices.
If the pass pro sucks, then HCSF needs to help with TEs.

BUT we don't have a competent offensive line. We don't have a sensible offense. And here it comes … I see no reason to expect our future recruits to be better physically than our current line.

I don't know man. These guys are getting their lunch money taken. Cam is probably the best lineman. He's their with Jaimes at the minimum. Cam was steppin out while making the snap. He just needed to slow down a step.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT