ADVERTISEMENT

I hope you’re watching the Class A title game

Best kicker on that field since at least Alex Henry. Another Omaha kid. I don’t mind Bleekrode but I don’t think we see him hit all of THOSE 5 FGs in that game. Hell of a game! I was shocked to hear Benning hadn’t played since week 3. He looked fantastic.

NOPE, not for kickers, those are the same goal posts and same field and same stadium, hell, he can even wear the same dam jock strap, socks and shoes if he wants too........
This is absolutely stupid. If you watch any hs football at all you will see kickers that can kick 60 yards all day. I'd bet a lot of money that the Westside kicker never kicks at a D1 school.

Best kicker on that field since at least Alex Henry. Another Omaha kid. I don’t mind Bleekrode but I don’t think we see him hit all of THOSE 5 FGs in that game. Hell of a game! I was shocked to hear Benning hadn’t played since week 3. He looked fantastic.
Brett Maher was pretty good after Alex

Reactions: SomedayHusker
This is absolutely stupid. If you watch any hs football at all you will see kickers that can kick 60 yards all day. I'd bet a lot of money that the Westside kicker never kicks at a D1 school.
If I trusted betting with a random person online, I would bet $500 that he is a kicker at a D-1 school next year. You do know there are over 250 D-1 football teams right?? He doesn’t just make them, they’re straight down the middle with distance to spare. I haven’t seen that since Alex Henry.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I love all the weirdos posting about what a great game it was and not one donkey says the score or how it ended...

Well, I am not going to be that guy!

So...shoot, hold on.

My gosh, I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, you're an absolute dolt. That kid is going to be a great college kicker at the highest level

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
43-40 Westside on a walk-off field goal I think
43-41 Gretna had just scored the go ahead TD/EP after a Beautiful bomb from Flores set them up and then left over 2:00 on the clock... this was way too much time when a team like West Side has that kind of weapon in a kicker... they got him in range and with about :20 seconds on the clock they ran a running play to set him up square in the middle of the field and he punched it in... was a great game for sure...

Bummed for the Dragons which was my kids school before we moved to Texas... I coached a few of them kids that were on my sons team in peewee/flag... wanted to see them get their due after what happened last year with the sore loser accusations and such... that said, Westside played a Heck of a game and it was incredibly entertaining!

43-41 Gretna had just scored the go ahead TD/EP after a Beautiful bomb from Flores set them up and then left over 2:00 on the clock... this was way too much time when a team like West Side has that kind of weapon in a kicker... they got him in range and with about :20 seconds on the clock they ran a running play to set him up square in the middle of the field and he punched it in... was a great game for sure...

Bummed for the Dragons which was my kids school before we moved to Texas... I coached a few of them kids that were on my sons team in peewee/flag... wanted to see them get their due after what happened last year with the sore loser accusations and such... that said, Westside played a Heck of a game and it was incredibly entertaining!
Westside probably has more transfer players than anyone but Bell West but they still could not wait to "turn in" Gretna last year.

Westside had it locked up most the game but Gretna kept throwing bombs, catching enough of them to stay in the game. Gretna was down late, backed up on their 5 and Flores throws a big pass from 5 yards deep in the endzone to get them out of trouble. They end up scoring with about 2 minutes left to go up 41-40 over westside. But with 1:50 and 3 timeouts left, I had a feeling Westside wasnt done. They hit some first downs, played smart football (smarter than most of the NU games we have seen lately) got their kicker lined up for another bigtime kick and he nailed it as time expires.

I dont think westside scored a TD all 2nd half, it was all field goals. So naturally, the kicker got all the love after the game. The one he hit from beyond 50 had the distance to hit from 65. or more. It was dead center and still tracking up when it hit about halfway up the goalposts.

Guessing kind of bitter sweet for Flores. I was not a big fan of Gretna (beat my sons team the last 2 years), but I would be stupid not to want to see Flores here. I have no idea how he will do when he doesnt have 10 seconds to throw the ball each time, but he has obvious talent, and I like that he is quiet and not flashy, seems to be a cool kid.

Sidenote: humble dad brag, my son (O tackle) handled Mason Goldman this year (58 on gretna) much better than any of the westside lineman LOL. He was wrecking the Westside line all night.

Reactions: mgbreis and ADV1
Now that's what you call making the most of your opportunities. Winning players make winning plays. There were a lot of them on the field last night. IMO, new coaching staff better role out the carpet for the Benning kid also. Westside doesn't win if he doesn't play last night. You'd have never known he hasn't played for almost 2 months. Kid is going to be a special player (and that's from someone who watched from the Gretna side of the field last night). If he becomes a willing hitter, he will be a really, really good DB, IMO.

Reactions: WHCSC and ADV1
Wow, this aged poorly and swiftly, as expected. One of the worst takes I’ve ever seen. Excellent move by Mickey! This kid is a monster!
Well, I think someone owes you 500 bucks. At least that's the way I read it?

Well, I think someone owes you 500 bucks. At least that's the way I read it?

I’m sure he’ll pay me in Enron or FTX stock certificates.

Or he'll argue that Nebraska is not a D1 school, lol.

Or pay you this way…

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT