ADVERTISEMENT

I Hope Everybody Made It To At Least One Game

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
...because you can’t go to any more this season unless your son or brother is on the team. Here’s the official statement from the Big Ten:

“All further Big Ten Conference winter and spring sport competitions, including championship/tournament events, will be limited to student-athletes, coaches, event staff, essential team and Conference staff, TV network partners, credentialed media, and immediate family members of the participating teams.”

I suppose non-conference games are exempt from this but I’m quite sure every school will apply it to all games. In fact, we will probably see schools banning travel and games being canceled. That already happened to Creighton for this upcoming weekend.

Reactions: saluno22
Last season, season ticket holders were reimbursed for tickets to weather canceled games.

This is not weather related.
And technically the games are not canceled, yet.
So... ???

Personally, at this moment, I am not concerned about ticket reimbursement. Just saddened by this news. If/when things start tightening up...
I might have a change of thought Winking
Right now I'll be saving money by not going to the concession stand Laughing
I needed to laugh about something.

It felt weird at Haymarket Park today.
About the 5th or 6th inning, those of us listening to the audio broadcast starting getting some of the B1G news regarding the basketball tournament. So you were starting to get the feeling that those last few innings, were going to be the last time, we would be able to cheer on the Huskers in person...
until... who knows???

Those I talked to, already knew about Creighton's weekend situation. And the reason being that the other team declined to travel to Omaha.

I already miss my seats behind the small scoreboard.
Be safe my friends, and can't wait to cheer with you again!
My 50th birthday is/was on a Friday night home game....
Not anymore :(
I need to laugh again.

Last edited:
Last season, season ticket holders were reimbursed for tickets to weather canceled games.

This is not weather related.
And technically the games are not canceled, yet.
So... ???

Personally, at this moment, I am not concerned about ticket reimbursement. Just saddened by this news. If/when things start tightening up...
I might have a change of thought Winking
Right now I'll be saving money by not going to the concession stand Laughing
I needed to laugh about something.

It felt weird at Haymarket Park today.
About the 5th or 6th inning, those of us listening to the audio broadcast starting getting some of the B1G news regarding the basketball tournament. So you were starting to get the feeling that those last few innings we were going to be the last time we would be able to cheer on the Huskers in person...
until... who knows???

Those I talked to, already knew about Creighton's weekend situation. And the reason being that the other team declined to travel to Omaha.

I already miss my seats behind the small scoreboard.
Be safe my friends, and can't wait to cheer with you again!
My 50th birthday is/was on a Friday night home game....
Not anymore :(
I need to laugh again.

Hang in there buddy. Living in Honolulu, listening to the radio broadcasts isn't the worst thing. Especially if we keep the W's rolling.

GBR

Reactions: k9_r and gunNrun
The Southeastern Conference has cancelled all regular season and postseason events until March 30th, due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

The Pac-12 has canceled all scheduled competitions because of fear of a further coronavirus outbreak, effective immediately.

And the season is officially suspended.
The B1G has suspended all conference and non conference events.

Also noticed on the Husker Baseball twitter account, if you click on the covid 19 statement, it talks about ticket refunds.

I guess if you live long enough. You see it all. Going to be a weird year with no spring baseball. Sad.☹⚾️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT