ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Dylan Raiola doesn’t get pressured into being a Husker.

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
We all obviously want him to be a Husker, but I have doubts about whether that is what he wants. Our fans are dissecting his interviews for signs of hope, but he is in a challenging position and has to be diplomatic. With his uncle on our staff and his family legacy with the Huskers, of course he is going to voice interest in Nebraska until the end.

I get the feeling his heart is elsewhere, however. I hope I am wrong, and he wants to come here and help us restore our program.

Reactions: Huskerdenton
OP what school do you want/think he will be pressured to go to? There isn’t a school recruiting him that isn’t using every angle to make him choose their school?

Think the family knows what they want for him but smart enough to give him the 51% plus vote on it.

My guess is he wants to start his own legacy. Just glad he's not at OSU.

What? We all hope he is a Husker for selfish reasons. Either he decides to or doesn’t. Don’t insult him intellectually.

We all obviously want him to be a Husker, but I have doubts about whether that is what he wants. Our fans are dissecting his interviews for signs of hope, but he is in a challenging position and has to be diplomatic. With his uncle on our staff and his family legacy with the Huskers, of course he is going to voice interest in Nebraska until the end.

I get the feeling his heart is elsewhere, however. I hope I am wrong, and he wants to come here and help us restore our program.
Sure seems like you don’t give the kid much credit for to make the best decision for himself

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Sure seems like you don’t give the kid much credit for to make the best decision for himself
Does anybody?

Our retaining his uncle and offering his younger brother a scholarship is all 100% legitimate and has nothing to do with pressuring him?

If he comes, I hope it is just because he wants to be a Husker.

I don't think he's going to be pressured. In the end it will be his decision. But sure he will listen to family advice.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Yeah, I hope we dont offer him too many millions of dollars to come here. I cant imagine the amount of self loathing and depression that would instantly plunge him into. Just a sad tale as old as time. In fact, Im already weeping just thinking about it.

What’s more realistic, that Raiola comes to Nebraska or you have something positive to say about the huskers?

I’m going with Raiola committing as the more likely to happen.
I have heard the "positive talk" for the last 20 years. I also bought into it. Those days are over now. The crap is getting old. Matt looks promising, however talk is cheap. The rah rah bullshit is over after losing season after losing season. Now is the time to prove it on the field or shut the f up.

I think it's like one big setup...

It's like trolling Nebraska fans.. for at least 18 months, and then he probably will end up somewhere else.. breaking hearts and the 'we didn't want him anyway' crowd..

Or

He does come here, and ends up not working out for whatever reason(s)..

There are people that are so far down the rabbit hole on this 1 recruit, it's bound to be a disappointment one way or another..

If you want to be a dreamer, okay.. but it's like 1 in 1000 chance this turns into a Nebraska wet dream and we string together another run of championships ala Frazier.

I've had enough disappointment the last 20 years.. not going to set myself up for it again.

It's like trolling Nebraska fans.. for at least 18 months, and then he probably will end up somewhere else.. breaking hearts and the 'we didn't want him anyway' crowd..

Or

There are people that are so far down the rabbit hole on this 1 recruit, it's bound to be a disappointment one way or another..

If you want to be a dreamer, okay.. but it's like 1 in 1000 chance this turns into a Nebraska wet dream and we string together another run of championships ala Frazier.

I've had enough disappointment the last 20 years.. not going to set myself up for it again.
Seriously don’t get this mentality. If this is how you feel, why even be a fan? I just don’t get it.

Not saying you can’t be this way, so don’t get your knickers in a twist when you read this. Just saying I don’t get it at all.

Seriously don’t get this mentality. If this is how you feel, why even be a fan? I just don’t get it.

Not saying you can’t be this way, so don’t get your knickers in a twist when you read this. Just saying I don’t get it at all.

This was covered in a Ren and Stimpy episode.

Stimpy invented a device to make Ren artificially happy since he was so miserable all the time.

Ren finally destroyed the device, realized what Stimpy had been up to and went berserk.

There are a segment of people who are exactly like Ren at the end of the episode:

• [A ticked off Ren stomps over to Stimpy and grabs him around the neck just as the song ends.]
  • Stimpy: Ren, you're... you're angry?
  • Ren: (insanely livid) YOU'RE DARN TOOTIN' I'M ANGRY! I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS ANGRY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! [starts shaking like he's having a seizure when suddenly he stops.] Hey... I feel great! I love being angry! Thank you, Stimpy!
  • Stimpy: [astonished] Happy to be of service...?

There are without a doubt staff at UGA and fans pressuring him to commit there too

Regardless, I don't think it is going to happen. In part the pressure to attend one school is offset by the pressure and promises from competing schools. If you're a top QB recruit especially the pressure is intense, but it is coming from those multiple schools so they are pushing in different directions. At any rate it is something for the recruit and his family to deal with because the pressures will definitely be there.

This thread not going way OP intended 🤣🤣
You’d be surprised. I figured there would be backlash, etc. This thread is actually what I expected. I think a large portion of our fans just want him at Nebraska and don’t care how it happens.

I have seen past threads where people were joking about firing his uncle if he doesn’t commit.

Wanting him to commit because he wants to be a Husker and sees himself fitting well here isn’t an opinion I am ashamed of.

His recruitment with us has gotten weird (using his uncle and giving a premature offer to his brother).

Reactions: NikkiSixx

Or

So just be a miserable fan. Sorry Nikki but it's January so it's recruiting season. This is the time of year that gives every fan base of a struggling team some sort of hope just like the draft in the NFL. The coaching staff needs to a use any ace in there pocket they feel they have.

Maybe he comes here maybe not. But to even be in the conversation for the number 1 overall recruit coming off the heals if a 4 win season. The staff needs put on the full court press.

You’d be surprised. I figured there would be backlash, etc. This thread is actually what I expected. I think a large portion of our fans just want him at Nebraska and don’t care how it happens.

I have seen past threads where people were joking about firing his uncle if he doesn’t commit.

Wanting him to commit because he wants to be a Husker and sees himself fitting well here isn’t an opinion I am ashamed of.

His recruitment with us has gotten weird (using his uncle and giving a premature offer to his brother).
This isn't exactly new. Teams have hired high school coaches and family members on staffs just to try and lure recruit's.

This isn't exactly new. Teams have hired high school coaches and family members on staffs just to try and lure recruit's.
I can remember in the middle 1980’s I believe Larry Brown from Kansas hired Danny Manning father as assistant coach..

Reactions: Walleye79

Look who posted it. Probably his most coherent and well thought out post to date.

Anyone who thinks the offer to his brother is premature clearly hasn’t watched his JV ball film
😉
Everyone in that family is incredibly athletic, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the younger brother is ultimately an amazing prospect. I just think his offer is premature and seems transparent and desperate.

Reactions: Redmich
Does anybody?

Our retaining his uncle and offering his younger brother a scholarship is all 100% legitimate and has nothing to do with pressuring him?

If he comes, I hope it is just because he wants to be a Husker.

Why does it have to be about pressuring him? Maybe he will feel more comfortable and want to be here more because he has family members that are part of the program. That seems more likely than the people he loves pressuring him to go to a school he doesn’t want to go to.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I hope that Dylan is pressured to pick NU. I hope that all his friends tell him to pick NU. I hope his heart tells him to pick NU. Then I want his brain to tell him to pick NU. Then I want him to pick NU. Then I want him to sign his LOI to NU. Then I want the fans to have unrealistic expectations while he attends NU. Then I want him to actively recruit other 5-star recruits to NU. I want all the pressure to be on him and the rest of the team as they win week after week. Looking forward to a lot of pressure.

ADVERTISEMENT