ADVERTISEMENT

"I hear rumors that he's going to take the Florida State job"

"Where you gonna get the speed?" - I know the news day is slow, but can't someone over there dredge up a question that is different than one they've been asking for 50 years?

Reactions: HuskerDana
I wouldn’t read too much into what he is saying. Sounds like someone that’s just trying to keep things in suspense. Almost everyone’s in agreement that he’s coming home to Nebraska.

If he really is hearing any of that I would think the source is planted rumors by FSU partisans. They're now desperate and hoping they could still get Frost when Jimbo jumps ship. Taggert probably told them he's not interested. Kind of like the Florida sources when they lost the Kelly sweepstakes and then were saying they would be meeting with Frost. Frost had to come out and say NO it wasn't true because he was his own rep. Should all be put to rest for good after Saturday.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Forgive him. Herbstreit, doesn’t recognize loyalty and class when he sees it, since he’s never demonstrated either trait. If he does stuff like this to generate clicks, it proves the point even more.

Kirk is a smug, condescending punk. Other than that he is a jerk.
I remember when my buddy was starting center for Ohio state. He told me what a douche Herbie was, when he has supposed to speak to the team he would be at the game but prerecord it .

Did anyone read the article? He is all for Frost coming to Nebraska. Says he knows what it takes, great fit, etc. He is trying to reconcile that with rumors he keeps hearing about FSU. I guess I don't see what is so earth shattering here. He isn't trolling, in fact seemed pretty positive to me. Someone is putting out some noise, it can't all be dismissed.

Did anyone read the article? He is all for Frost coming to Nebraska. Says he knows what it takes, great fit, etc. He is trying to reconcile that with rumors he keeps hearing about FSU. I guess I don't see what is so earth shattering here. He isn't trolling, in fact seemed pretty positive to me. Someone is putting out some noise, it can't all be dismissed.

What he is doing is the definition of trolling.

FSU gonna get Frosted. Their issue is they have been trying to get rid of Fisher from day 1 and he is fed up - he keeps looking because every loss is considered un-acceptable. He should go to aTm in my opinion because the bar is lower and money better. If Herbie is hearing anything - it is FSU folks panicking - nobody from Nebraska or Frost's circle is saying anything about FSU.

Hey FSU - go get Va Tech's coach - he was our back-up plan #2. Behind Mullen.

Reactions: Redblood23
Actually, "Frost" is Herbie's pet name for Kevin Sumlin. Has something to do with a weekend in Oslo. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just hearing rumors.

This is complete and utter rubbish. Frost was quoted TODAY saying that there are only a handful of places in the country that he would coach at. On top of that, he said it's not about the money. I don't know what else needs to be said.

Kirky is only doing what his employers are telling him to do. That doesn't mean I like him, though. I am so done with ESPN, I hardly even watch Sportscenter anymore because they constantly tell you what and how to think about about sports.

Reactions: OO Snipes
Honestly at this time everyone knows he is going to Nebraska including his players. It might be less of a distraction for Frost and Neb to just announce it already.

Doesn’t matter one bit. Herbstreit is going to do whatever generates interest in ESPN. Doesn’t matter if it’s correct or incorrect. It never sticks.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

There is one fact that has given me confidence through-out this coaching change (and that is the longer it goes) Frost would never drag his alma mater and especially his mentor (T.O.) to the altar & then abandon them there. As he said the other day -he is a loyal person! He loves Nebraska -and he will show it VERY SOON! He is N!!!!

Honestly at this time everyone knows he is going to Nebraska including his players. It might be less of a distraction for Frost and Neb to just announce it already.
Should have been Monday at the absolute latest.

Nobody else with any credibility is saying that Frost could go to FSU. He's just making that up to get a rise out of Husker fans.

Man if I were foxsports or another sports media outlet I would be running these Herbstreit and booger quotes with the driving message about just how poorly informed ESPN is with regards to college football. Everyone else in the world knows where Frost is going.

These guys aren’t getting paid serious coin to regurgitate rumors - we have message boards for that - they are supposed to be able to sift through the garbage and come up with some semblance of truth

They are supposed to have at least a little credibility.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT