ADVERTISEMENT

I have to believe Riley's staff were notified after Northwestern

When did this team ever show up to play on game day? The first game to now has been the same.

Riley is what he is, a .500 coach. None of us, should be surprised. The blaming should be directly towards FADSE. That lowlife has given our money away and has tarnished our reputation of being a football school.

And any fan that supported this hire needs to defer to someone more knowledgeable on the board on any football related subject. This was NOT hard to see coming.

Reactions: bigbadjim990
that they were not going to be retained. I know we weren't very good before that, but the quality of football fell off the cliff after that. The past couple of games have been Kansas bad.
I could maybe see that. The last 2 weeks the team is like it isn't even there. zero effort.

At this point I just want to blame everyone... BUT Mike Riley does not deserve the "dignity" of walking away from the dumpster fire he is leaving.

I want to punish Riley too. However I think it would be better if Moos just told him to catch a plane back to Corvallis after the game. For the program. For the players. For the fans.

I can’t stand to look at his face 1 second longer. 6 days seems like an eternity.

I want to punish Riley too. However I think it would be better if Moos just told him to catch a plane back to Corvallis after the game. For the program. For the players. For the fans.

I can’t stand to look at his face 1 second longer. 6 days seems like an eternity.
I agree. Mike Riley was done coaching before he left Oregon State.

Yes. There are people dumb enough to hire them.
I hope there is. That helps us financially. Somebody might look at our offense and say "you know with a better defensive staff that could work for us." Please let that be true. Especially Diaco, DL and Riley. That's a lot of coin we're gonna pay them to not coach. I think DL will find a good job without any problem whatsoever. If he doesn't it's because he doesn't want one.

that they were not going to be retained. I know we weren't very good before that, but the quality of football fell off the cliff after that. The past couple of games have been Kansas bad.
They knew they needed to win 7 to be retained. They didn't have to be notified that they weren't going to be retained.

Like the other coaches NU has fired over the years, you find out what their value is on the open market. Not many of the guys NU has fired have moved on to equal or better gigs. I imagine a few have- but not many.

ADVERTISEMENT