ADVERTISEMENT

I have to admit.....

I applaud your giddiness. However, after seeing multiple recent years with good recruiting not translating to Ws on gameday, I'm taking a much more "show me" approach. Plus, you gotta figure about 1/3rd of these guys will never contribute meaningful minutes. Hope my skepticism is misplaced, but won't get fooled again.

I applaud your giddiness. However, after seeing multiple recent years with good recruiting not translating to Ws on gameday, I'm taking a much more "show me" approach. Plus, you gotta figure about 1/3rd of these guys will never contribute meaningful minutes. Hope my skepticism is misplaced, but won't get fooled again.
So that means 16 or so will contribute meaningful minutes... not too shabby!

source.gif

....I'm as giddy as a little school girl over what appears to be happening with this class...SHOULD I BE????????????????????:)
Yes. Be giddy and ignore the wet blanket, naysayers. This is a great recruiting class. And on top of last year’s great class we are really infusing talent into the program.

Frost knows how to coach.
Drink the koolaid baby.

Drink away. Lets put it like this. Not everyone is going to make it to the field. But under Riley and Bo, we were pulling in 4, 5 or 6 4-stars. Losing one or one not panning out really hurt. When you are bringing in 10 or so every year, losing that same one doesn't hurt quite as much.

It looks like a solid class IMO. More speed and more size and depth. Looking at the kids they have from 2019 and now 2020, if you look up and down the schollies, there are some dudes with serious potential. A lot of them could be playing at other above-average programs. They seem to be the kind of players Scott wants and these 2020 kids are from all over the country. Diverse for sure.

Having said that, we definitely benefited from Florida State and Miami being down. But on the flip side, I'm sure lots of schools took advantage of USC going through rough times, too.

Reactions: bigboxes
Honestly: Yes. For today, yes. Skepticism is for another day. There are too few times in a year (let alone in dark December) to feel giddy and good, to find a kernel of happiness and hope. Savor the experience. Pull those who do not share your sunshine out of the muck without letting them pull you in.

There are a few separate areas where the right thing has to happen. The right things are happening on the recruiting trail today.

If Nebraska is to be a national title contender again, they will need to continue to improve in recruiting from being around the 15-20 range to being around and in the Top 10. For the 2020 class, this is another small step in the right direction. So yes, be happy.

....I'm as giddy as a little school girl over what appears to be happening with this class...SHOULD I BE????????????????????:)
Wait until the 3rd game. Should know by then.

Iowa, who has beaten us for 5 years in a row, whose 2020 class is one of their best in the KF era, has 2 FOUR STARs. Wisconsin, who has beaten us worse than Iowa, generally brings in similar numbers.

So, I’ll get amped up when these superior athletes can beat those programs on the field, not the message board.

Wow some real wet blankets in here. I bet you guys are a blast at parties. “Ugh, this beers too cold.” “Why are all these girls here.”
If being a wet blanket means not being impressed with the results of the past two years when everyone was beating their chests on how good we would be, then yes. Just tired of winning the off-season message boards battles, but getting beat man to man on the field battles.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Enjoy the good feelings. There will be plenty of time to feel like crap later.

If being a wet blanket means not being impressed with the results of the past two years when everyone was beating their chests on how good we would be, then yes. Just tired of winning the off-season message boards battles, but getting beat man to man on the field battles.
I get it what your saying and I agree it is time to start showing some results on the field. But with the way recruiting was looking say a month ago, there is a lot of days in the year to complain about not seeing results but not today. The is a huge boost to what the coaches are trying to accomplish. Today I give some major kudos to this staff.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
ADVERTISEMENT