ADVERTISEMENT

I grew up in York...

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
.... don’t get back as often as I like, but was there three times last year and a brief stop this year... I know people on the outside throw the occasional rock at us( as we do at them... and ourselves, if we are honest)... anyway, I’m by no means one of those people who believes there is only ONE place to live, but I’m glad part of my life included Nebraska.

Happy holidays... prayers for BigBoxes and for all who go through struggles of life... glad I know you a little from our time here... blessings

.... don’t get back as often as I like, but was there three times last year and a brief stop this year... I know people on the outside throw the occasional rock at us( as we do at them... and ourselves, if we are honest)... anyway, I’m by no means one of those people who believes there is only ONE place to live, but I’m glad part of my life included Nebraska.

Happy holidays... prayers for BigBoxes and for all who go through struggles of life... glad I know you a little from our time here... blessings
How big is York?

Fellow Yorkite here!
They're procreating !

tumblr_mye2kaVV601rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Reactions: Sinomatic
About 7900. My mom is originally from York, no family there anymore since my grandparents passed. My mother and all her brothers left after graduating high school. Although one brother didn’t go far, lives in Grand Island.
Class B in sports?

About 7900. My mom is originally from York, no family there anymore since my grandparents passed. My mother and all her brothers left after graduating high school. Although one brother didn’t go far, lives in Grand Island.
York is a great place....to be FROM...Winking

Reactions: ayrhorse
My family and I just moved here to York from the Omaha area. Its been different as it's such a smaller town than what we have been accustomed to. But everyone has been real nice.

York native Brady Danielson was victorious against the Huskers last night. When I saw the title to this thread I thought that's where it was headed!

I’d say armpit of Nebraska, but that wouldn’t be a good reference geographically. I guess it’s the colon of Nebraska, maybe the galbladder.

Last edited:
My family and I just moved here to York from the Omaha area. Its been different as it's such a smaller town than what we have been accustomed to. But everyone has been real nice.
Small town, where the clerk in the store owns the store, customers are limited, and service is service (except on sundays and after 7 or so)

york = arby's on the way to colorado from omaha

anybody remember hobo joe's in grand island? or cattlemen's in kearney?

Reactions: dpnavy
Don't go to the MacDonald's. Worst service I have ever experienced.
Do you know how many McDs you can say this at? The attendants are getting replaced by kiosks for crying out loud.

Don't go to McDs expecting world class service from folks getting paid beans to listen to your brat whine about mcnuggets.

york = arby's on the way to colorado from omaha

anybody remember hobo joe's in grand island? or cattlemen's in kearney?

Cattleman's in Kearney use to have this deal if you could eat their 64 ounce steak (I think that is how big it was) and large baked potato they would give you the second one for free. A friend of mine who was then a about 6'4" maybe just a little more than 200 pounds ate both plates. Everything! We worked a couple of summers together during college and he would bring 3 large grocery bags of food to work everyday. He could eat. Sadly we lost him when we were all in our early fifties.

Reactions: redwine65

Osceola, checking in.

My dad worked at Champion 27 years; I did too Summer of ‘79.

I miss the Double K in Norfolk.

We used to go to York quite a bit when my kids were younger to play in Soccer tournaments there. We had friends from Scotland over one year and we ate at this nice little restaurant in town. I remember the girl ordering a piece of cake after and they brought her a piece that was a size roughly a quarter of the cake. My friend from Scotland just looked at it because the portion was so big and we all laughed.

Reactions: redwine65
Cattleman's in Kearney use to have this deal if you could eat their 64 ounce steak (I think that is how big it was) and large baked potato they would give you the second one for free. A friend of mine who was then a about 6'4" maybe just a little more than 200 pounds ate both plates. Everything! We worked a couple of summers together during college and he would bring 3 large grocery bags of food to work everyday. He could eat. Sadly we lost him when we were all in our early fifties.
great-outdoors.jpg

It was a nice place, we would go pheasant hunting south of kearney in the mid 70's then go to cattlemens. I don't know if I was just worn out from hunting all day or what, but all the waitresses looked great in dresses and the food was great. It kinda seemed like a slice of heaven. that sounds like a serious steak!
sorry to hear bout your friend. I've had a few pretty thick steaks in western nebraska, they know what they are doing.

Its........ok. I was born here and never left, and have absolutely no idea why.
My dad's from York and my Grandpa had a farm out there. My dad was eager to leave after college and my grandpa was happy to sell his farm and move to Lincoln. When the old Dairy Queen had its grand opening when I was little we went to it... and they had no ice cream. I haven't been back to York since

My dad's from York and my Grandpa had a farm out there. My dad was eager to leave after college and my grandpa was happy to sell his farm and move to Lincoln. When the old Dairy Queen had its grand opening when I was little we went to it... and they had no ice cream. I haven't been back to York since
So in other words you wouldn't recommend it?

Happy to see York when driving up to a Huskers Game because it means it’s time to get on 80 east and haul butt and it’s not long to you hit Lincoln!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT