ADVERTISEMENT

I Got to Chat With Barry Switzer Today!

Rufus Barchetta

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2003
Houston, TX
He is working on a project for Coaches Cabana that could involve my company. First off, I'm sure there are some other folks here who have talked with him over the years, and have their own stories, but I found him to be a genuinely awesome dude. I thought I would just be completely geeked out, but I quickly found him to be affable, normal, friendly and easy to talk to. Of course, I did find some time to work in my Husker fandom and even threw out some of Husker/Sooner memories. What was amazing about him, is that I would throw out a game like the 1979 NU/OU game and he immediately came back with some stat like Billy Sims ran for 247 yards. I looked it up and he was freaking dead on. We also talked about the 1986 Husker game. I told him that was one of the more heartbreaking losses I remember. He said Keith Jackson's catch was "unbelievable".

He did go on to say that the Big XII ruined the Husker/Sooner rivalry and I could tell he really honored and appreciated the rivalry. We did trade some texts afterwards and I will likely be in contact with him soon.

Anyone have any questions you want me to ask him the next time we talk?

11705229_10204626837374319_237536902233029898_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News