ADVERTISEMENT

I give up

RedSea

Recruiting Coordinator
Jun 18, 2001
I've watched or attended every game I possibly could since the early 60s, but I'm going to take break. I just don't want to spend my time on this nonsense every week. I don't know whether its the coaches or the players or both, but I just can't stand watching them piddle away game after game. I've decided I'll tune back in if they turn it around enough to win 6 and get to a bowl game (a bowl with 5 wins isn't going to cut it for me), but I really don't think this group will achieve that against our remaining schedule. Over and out.

I've watched or attended every game I possibly could since the early 60s, but I'm going to take break. I just don't want to spend my time on this nonsense every week. I don't know whether its the coaches or the players or both, but I just can't stand watching them piddle away game after game. I've decided I'll tune back in if they turn it around enough to win 6 and get to a bowl game (a bowl with 5 wins isn't going to cut it for me), but I really don't think this group will achieve that against our remaining schedule. Over and out.
Hope you return soon. Probably a reasonable decision. Our games seem like a waste of time right now.

Last year I skipped one of our games in disgust and went hunting instead. I got an 8 point buck.

These posts crack me up.

Wise choice. When a safety gives up a cheap TD on a flea flicker in a game where our defense is playing great football and is filmed smiling on the sidelines a minute later, I think it's safe to say that fans are taking it harder than most of the players.

everyone knows you will be watching next week.

My Dad has had season tickets since I think the 70s, maybe before. He told me last night he's not buying them next time.

That's the point the program is at. People are ready to find something else to do with their time. We've already seen that the best in-state recruits know better than to come to Lincoln.

A kid in high school today has no memory of NU being any good. We've won nothing of substance in their lifetime.

I keep questioning why I watch it, too. You're signing up to be miserable, knowing they're not any good, and hoping to be wrong.

I just record it on youtube tv, and let the game play in the room next to my computer room,
then when the crowd goes silent or makes noise I know when to run in and watch the replay.
plus I think I jinx them if I'm not living right. the cup cake games I watch with family though...

I just can't handle high pressure games with pass happy, I would end up with a heart attack like them 6 people average heart attack per NU game. but maybe it high pressure in my head, lol cause it's not like 83 orange bowl high pressure games

I just record it on youtube tv, and let the game play in the room next to my computer room,
then when the crowd goes silent or makes noise I know when to run in and watch the replay.
plus I think I jinx them if I'm not living right. the cup cake games I watch with family though...

I just can't handle high pressure games with pass happy, I would end up with a heart attack like them 6 people average heart attack per NU game. but maybe it high pressure in my head, lol cause it's not like 83 orange bowl high pressure games
Define “pass happy “

I have said this same thing about 10 times over the past two years. But I keep coming back. The mere fact that you are a poster on this board says you are a fan. I get the pain, anger and frustration. I get the emotional investment and time investment just don’t seem worth it anymore. And yet, here we are. And here we will probably stay

Understandable. It's borderline unhealthy to watch this.

My Dad has had season tickets since I think the 70s, maybe before. He told me last night he's not buying them next time.

That's the point the program is at. People are ready to find something else to do with their time. We've already seen that the best in-state recruits know better than to come to Lincoln.

A kid in high school today has no memory of NU being any good. We've won nothing of substance in their lifetime.

I keep questioning why I watch it, too. You're signing up to be miserable, knowing they're not any good, and hoping to be wrong.
I’m a Cubs fan been coping with a losing team since the 80d lol

• Haha
Reactions: RedSea
I've become so conditioned to us losing in every conceivable fashion that last night honestly didn't shock me. Prepare for the worst until the clock reads 00:00.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Wise choice. When a safety gives up a cheap TD on a flea flicker in a game where our defense is playing great football and is filmed smiling on the sidelines a minute later, I think it's safe to say that fans are taking it harder than most of the players.
These posts crack me up. A player on the sidelines is smiling. Oh no!!! He doesn’t care that he got burned!!!

How did Farmer play the rest of the game? Did it look like he didn’t care?

I don’t care if you want to bash Nebraska. It’s warranted. But bashing someone on the defensive side of the ball?

Makes you look like an idiot.

I don't plan my day around the game now for the last few years. I haven't missed much. I think we get a new coach at the end of the year and hope will rise again .

Reactions: BleedRed78

Don’t give up, ride the waves. This from a 30 year Nebrasketball season ticket holder, just dying for a taste baby!

We have a lot of old(er) fans who would stop going to games even if we were good, age does that....question is, is anyone stepping up to buy them in their place? ....and I don't have that answer. We shall find out soon enough I guess.

Reactions: BleedRed78
These posts crack me up. A player on the sidelines is smiling. Oh no!!! He doesn’t care that he got burned!!!

How did Farmer play the rest of the game? Did it look like he didn’t care?

I don’t care if you want to bash Nebraska. It’s warranted. But bashing someone on the defensive side of the ball?

Makes you look like an idiot.
Don't be so sensitive. Michigan State held that play until they saw Farmer was in. They got the matchup they wanted. The play worked to perfection and Farmer got beat. The defense played great, but Farmer had nothing to do with it. And as for "how did Farmer play the rest of the game", I could have missed a snap or two but I don't think he played after that.

I won’t watch, I’m just going to come on a message board and announce my decision to not watch.

someone truly disgruntled walks away and doesn’t look back, so I predict a return at some point.
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT