ADVERTISEMENT

I found this insightful about Covid-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerOH

Senior
Dec 4, 2007
El Ranchito Dominican Republic
Doctor Kelly Victory is explaining everything (the truth) about COVID-19. This is from a religious site so there is no doom and gloom but she does a great job talking about all the rumors and misinformation on this.

I'll save everyone the 17:31 if they don't have the time to watch the whole thing.....

"Litespeedhuskerfan has been right all along"

Your welcome.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Doctor Kelly Victory is explaining everything (the truth) about COVID-19. This is from a religious site so there is no doom and gloom but she does a great job talking about all the rumors and misinformation on this.

Yeah, cause we all know there's no doom & gloom in the bible.

My mentally challenged cousin from Colorado has been posting Dr. Victory's comments on Facebook for a while now. For those who are not familiar, when she's not driving drunk or pulling a gun on someone (made a plea deal so she's OK), Dr. Victory enjoys misleading the public with lies, half-truths and conspiracy theories.

Wow, what an ignorant Dr., if she was in charge there'd be an immediate overloaded health care system and minimum 4 million deaths in the USA over the next year.

Oh Joy, more tribal politics disguised as medical information.

Can't understand why normal people would be confused by this situation, when one tribe screams that We're all gonna die and the other counters with Ah seen on the Twitter this ain't no worse'n a cold!

i saw an interview with a Swedish Dr who stated he believes the Covid virus will morph into something like the common cold around a year or so from now. i wish it to be gone, but, i hope he is correct.

Oh Joy, more tribal politics disguised as medical information.

Can't understand why normal people would be confused by this situation, when one tribe screams that We're all gonna die and the other counters with Ah seen on the Twitter this ain't no worse'n a cold!
Could not agree more. I think that the wild conspiracy folks make up about 0.1% of our population but with Youtube and social media, they've been able to create quite a stir. Normally this wacko would only be a problem for small town Colorado, but now she's got videos getting shared all over the place.

I also saw another "Doctor" with a Youtube channel spouting other COVID conspiracies. It was getting all sorts of likes on Facebook. I watched it. After he had said "like this video", "subscribe to me" and "share this and make it viral" 10 times in five minutes, I got suspicious. Turns out the expert "doctor" is a chiropractor in St. Louie, wanting to make big money as a social media influencer.

Last edited:
My mentally challenged cousin from Colorado has been posting Dr. Victory's comments on Facebook for a while now. For those who are not familiar, when she's not driving drunk or pulling a gun on someone (made a plea deal so she's OK), Dr. Victory enjoys misleading the public with lies, half-truths and conspiracy theories.

She's a politician?

i just looked out my window.
no covid that i could see.
were all good.

How anyone could believe this whackadoodle is beyond me. I used to live in CO and a friend told me to watch some of her other videos as they were some of the funniest stuff around. He was right. About every third sentence she said something that was so historically and/or scientifically inaccurate that it actually made me cry with laughter. It was sort of like watching Foster Brooks' drunk character try and explain the theory of general relativity.

Reactions: schuele
I think people have made up their minds on the Covid and just search out "sources" or "experts" that agree with them. This is happening on all sides of this issue and pretty much every other issue around. It's nothing new.
And the psychology shows that more intelligent ones are more prone to blind spots and the illusion of being impartial. Experts are worse than the general population with confirmation bias.

Reactions: huntered
And the psychology shows that more intelligent ones are more prone to blind spots and the illusion of being impartial. Experts are worse than the general population with confirmation bias.

That's not true. Studies on confirmation or "myside" bias have tended to show that intelligence and expertise on a subject doesn't affect bias. The scientists doing the studies tended to think going in that higher intelligence and expertise would mean less confirmation bias, as those people supposedly knew how to think rationally and analyze both sides of an issue to come up with a logical conclusion. The studies showed that not to be true. Confirmation bias was not related to expertise or intelligence. So while experts are as prone to confirmation bias as the average person, they are not more prone.

That's not true. Studies on confirmation or "myside" bias have tended to show that intelligence and expertise on a subject doesn't affect bias. The scientists doing the studies tended to think going in that higher intelligence and expertise would mean less confirmation bias, as those people supposedly knew how to think rationally and analyze both sides of an issue to come up with a logical conclusion. The studies showed that not to be true. Confirmation bias was not related to expertise or intelligence. So while experts are as prone to confirmation bias as the average person, they are not more prone.
The problem in our country in particular is that there is a HUGE political bias from some of the "experts". I listened to a former Obama administration member Dr. yesterday on MSNBC and marveled at his take on the situation. Apparently Trump manufactured COVID in the bunker of the White House and surreptitiously had it delivered to that wet market in Chinao_O.

MOST people don't take the time to find and read people who truly don't have a political bias when talking about this virus. It's really sad.

Last edited:
I think people have made up their minds on the Covid and just search out "sources" or "experts" that agree with them. This is happening on all sides of this issue and pretty much every other issue around. It's nothing new.
Ah yes, confirmation bias. That's always been around, but what I've seen the last few years are things like that Russian website that was quoted about COVID on here a while back. People who have one point of view can be pushed along to a more extreme view and that's dangerous.

I disagree. Ones who feel intellectually superior tend to have a bigger problem admitting they are wrong. Thus leading them to stay wrong, ironically, and not being right.

I disagree. Ones who feel intellectually superior tend to have a bigger problem admitting they are wrong. Thus leading them to stay wrong, ironically, and not being right.

People who aren't very well educated but have a strong "belief" are hard to convince of anything, especially if they have been fed lies about experts, education, science, the news media, etc, to help them make their beliefs impervious to scrutiny.

The thing about this crisis is, you can bullshit all you want, this virus does not care. Please see Florida and Texas as excellent examples of this.

Also, what you and a few others are saying is antithetical to the scientific method. Experiments that yield evidence guide conclusions. That's exactly how it should be, and how new knowledge is created.

The problem in our country in particular is that there is a HUGE political bias from some of the "experts". I listened to a former Obama administration member Dr. yesterday on MSNBC and marveled at his take on the situation. Apparently Trump manufactured COVID in the bunker of the White House and surreptitiously had it delivered to that wet market in Chinao_O.

MOST people don't take the time to find and read people who truly don't have a political bias when talking about this virus. It's really sad.

Your posts are increasingly becoming nonsense.

Also, what you and a few others are saying is antithetical to the scientific method. Experiments that yield evidence guide conclusions. That's exactly how it should be, and how new knowledge is created.
Scientists have biases like everyone else. Group think is also present, even in scientific circles.
Throughout history, science has been a very stubborn realm.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and WHCSC
Scientists have biases like everyone else. Group think is also present, even in scientific circles.
Throughout history, science has been a very stubborn realm.

When it comes to this pandemic, what is the bias you are referring to coming from scientists?

People who aren't very well educated but have a strong "belief" are hard to convince of anything, especially if they have been fed lies about experts, education, science, the news media, etc, to help them make their beliefs impervious to scrutiny.

The thing about this crisis is, you can bullshit all you want, this virus does not care. Please see Florida and Texas as excellent examples of this.
calm down with the female energy.
I was merely saying experts aren't infallible and tend to be more arrogant, which is true.

Why did you leave out California?
You have that bias is why.

Covid doesn’t do well in heat Phoenix was 116 yesterday and had the largest hospital admittance to date this Wacko is hoping to become trumps medical spokesperson, she fits the bill

Covid doesn’t do well in heat Phoenix was 116 yesterday and had the largest hospital admittance to date this Wacko is hoping to become trumps medical spokesperson, she fits the bill
A lot of the hospitals are packed due to them resuming normal patient care.

Why did you leave out California?
You have that bias is why.

Because their rise in cases is not because of a lack of effort in locking down, but because of how difficult this virus is to deal with. In the case of Florida and Texas, their leaders willingly ignored expert advice and now their cases are exploding faster than anywhere. Arizona is having a very hard time, too.

In addition, the increase in California cases is bad, though not as wild as it is in Florida, which is very scary right now. I'm not displaying a bias so much as you are indicating that you're constantly searching one in order to convince yourself of your own worldview.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/coronavirus-surge-eastern-europe-restrictions-71739327

Because their rise in cases is not because of a lack of effort in locking down, but because of how difficult this virus is to deal with. In the case of Florida and Texas, their leaders willingly ignored expert advice and now their cases are exploding faster than anywhere. Arizona is having a very hard time, too.

In addition, the increase in California cases is bad, though not as wild as it is in Florida, which is very scary right now. I'm not displaying a bias so much as you are indicating that you're constantly searching one in order to convince yourself of your own worldview.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/coronavirus-surge-eastern-europe-restrictions-71739327
Riots/Protests and illegal immigration caused uptick in the SW.
Cali didn't even completely open up.

I'm not sure if it is education or not, but I think you hit in on the head a little bit with the other pieces of the sentence. Right now Covid-19 has morphed into a huge political issue. If you are a Rep you aren't listening to a damn thing a Dem person has to say about it and vice versa. Your strong beliefs are jaded. I will say there are plenty of people that are in the right head space to sift through the information and draw their own conclusions, but that seems few and far between.

I do also hate everyone trying to draw conclusions on states based on their political affiliation. There are so many factors that drive this virus and trying to just say it is a Republicans or Democrats state leadership problem is dumb to me. Colorado is a blue state that opened basically they exact time Florida and Texas did. Why aren't they having the same issue? Is it that temps are nicer and people are able to stay outside vs. the stifling heat of the South?

Maybe at some point in this country we can get over the politics of this shit and focus on the facts and move in the direction that those facts lay out. Yes you are always going to have politics involved, but right now it's so polarizing that I want to vomit.

Reactions: WHCSC
In science, one works with the facts and data available to them. As new information becomes available, original ideas may be verified or the picture could change.
Given that Covid-19 is a "novel" virus wrt infecting humans, experts are learning about aspects of the virus as they go. A current question concerns to importance of airborne transmission of the virus vs. the importance of respiratory droplets. This question is critical in terms of if schools should open to face to face instruction, or at least how schools should open.

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
Riots/Protests and illegal immigration caused uptick in the SW.
Cali didn't even completely open up.

That is factually inaccurate. The protests did not increase any cases noticeably anywhere that has been shown yet. They have discovered through that experience that the reason for that is the virus is very hard to transmit in the outdoor air.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...ause-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/#35a6e81b7dac

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/safety-quality/little-evidence-protests-spread-coronavirus-us

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/nyregion/nyc-coronavirus-protests.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...-tell-about-cluster-spread-of-the-coronavirus

In science, one works with the facts and data available to them. As new information becomes available, original ideas may be verified or the picture could change..

That is what we hope happens but science has rarely been that way

I'm not sure if it is education or not, but I think you hit in on the head a little bit with the other pieces of the sentence. Right now Covid-19 has morphed into a huge political issue. If you are a Rep you aren't listening to a damn thing a Dem person has to say about it and vice versa. Your strong beliefs are jaded. I will say there are plenty of people that are in the right head space to sift through the information and draw their own conclusions, but that seems few and far between.

I do also hate everyone trying to draw conclusions on states based on their political affiliation. There are so many factors that drive this virus and trying to just say it is a Republicans or Democrats state leadership problem is dumb to me. Colorado is a blue state that opened basically they exact time Florida and Texas did. Why aren't they having the same issue? Is it that temps are nicer and people are able to stay outside vs. the stifling heat of the South?

Maybe at some point in this country we can get over the politics of this shit and focus on the facts and move in the direction that those facts lay out. Yes you are always going to have politics involved, but right now it's so polarizing that I want to vomit.

I agree with you entirely. I hope this crisis causes exactly what you are saying to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT