ADVERTISEMENT

I expect Scott's seat gets warm

I’m with Frost. He gets lifetime support from me. I think our days of dominance are long gone. I hope that we can build something comparable to what Iowa has over the years. I think Frost can do it, but he is a young coach and it will take time.
Sick

Nah. HCSF is here to stay as long as he wants to.

We got thumped on the scoreboard, but actually played OK. We weren't going to win this one regardless.

Yeah take away that fumble return and that last second garbage td the score is 38-17. Actually Warner should have caught a td so the final score should have been 38-21.

I don't think so.. Frost set the narrative when he was hired. Program was sooooo bad that it was going to take at least 4 years to get it back to the 80s standards. I saw some major improvements in the trenches today but we have to learn how to win and eliminate the stupid self inflicted wounds.

I don't see frost going anywhere, I know I'm tired of musical chair coaching positions.
I think the head office finnally figured it out that you can't build anything that way...
I watched some of the game, it's looked like ohio state was just better. it did'nt look like we shot ourselfs in the foot alot...which is a good thing..

Do you asswipes just sit and wait to post this when we have a loss? He’s not going anywhere. We weren’t going to beat Ohio State, but the game should’ve been quite a bit closer.
Low 40's to upper 20's is probably what it should have been. Given that we have not had obvious NFL draft material for a few years, that's not too terrible. We moved the ball, didn't get run over by their run game and laid some really good hits. This lopsided loss seems a little better than last year's thumping, for sure.

Reactions: BleedRed78
LIke Frank,Bill,Bo and Mike, their buddies on the defense are their biggest problem, go and get some guys from the south who can recruit down there!

This year is kind of a throw away season. I’ll be happy if we go 4-4, but I’m not optimistic anymore. We just constantly make mistakes at crucial points in the game. I don’t know what it is. If next year we aren’t successful, like 7 wins at least, Frost might be done.

Nothing will happen this year nor should it. We played an elite team and got beat. It was a competitive game for awhile unlike last year's annihilation. Manning hasn't played. None of the young WRs have played due to gameplan. We can't hang 4Q with that Ohio State offense.

The score was ugly but nothing like last year's game when OSU took it easy on us.

We need receivers and if he has any pro ambitions he better start playing the position.
I agree. I've wanted to take 2 QBs in each class for the last 3 years so we could move a guy like McCaffrey over to receiver. It does us no good with an athlete like him on the bench.

Low 40's to upper 20's is probably what it should have been. Given that we have not had obvious NFL draft material for a few years, that's not too terrible. We moved the ball, didn't get run over by their run game and laid some really good hits. This lopsided loss seems a little better than last year's thumping, for sure.
Ohio State dominated us in every phase of the game last year. This year our lines got the better of Ohio State at times, and we hit harder than them at times. I'm very pleased with how hard we played. Still need to get a lot better, but when we do we should be able to compete with teams of Ohio State's caliber.

I’m with Frost. He gets lifetime support from me. I think our days of dominance are long gone. I hope that we can build something comparable to what Iowa has over the years. I think Frost can do it, but he is a young coach and it will take time.
5 million of your Be$t friend$ agree with you.

if we have several more games like this. Yes, OSU is more talented, but the sloppy play continues and that has been the hallmark of this regime so far.
Dumb take is dumb as shit.

I never thought Frost was a savior, nor my first choice, yet this is dumb.
There were so many positives to take on t of this game, I can’t even count.

Nebraska will beat Wisconsin next week.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I don’t buy the notion that we are dead without Frost. There are better coaches out there. But I agree, we need to ride it out with him.
I agree. I think next week we'll see what kind of team we really have. It should be competitive at the very least and I think we have a decent shot at winning.

But if for some reason Frost doesn't work out, I agree there are plenty of other options out there.

Reactions: CatColumbia
We were 27 point underdogs. This is not the same place it was in the 90s. The goal for this program should be to make bowl games right now. We arent going to compete for conference championships anytime soon. Maybe Frost will get us there someday but in the mean time limit your expectations.

Reactions: Red I 73
Without the stupid high-school mistakes and mental breakdowns, Nebraska would be 16-9 and not 9-16 during his tenure.

Maybe. But I have a "Bo Knows" tee shirt and an "I Like Mike" koozie that remind me how fast the best fans in college football can turn on their coach when he doesn't perform up to their expectations.

What about the "Callahan Era" minted coins? Those were truly hilarious.

I saw some improvements, I actually got pretty excited the first half. Then in the second half I thought the Huskers reverted back to dumb play. The Big Ten officials are never going to give the Huskers any breaks. In fact they seemed to go out of their way to screw them. Still there has to come a time when we fans have quit making excuses for the team. It is just one game, but it did nothing to change the national perception that the Huskers are irrelevant.

I have to agree. I think we are walking a tightrope here. It's a catch 22, we have to have better talent but with results like this it's tuff to get players and obviously keep talent. I am going to move on from this game. We all knew we were going to loose I'm just having trouble finding positives. I think we learn a lot next week.

Maybe. But I have a "Bo Knows" tee shirt and an "I Like Mike" koozie that remind me how fast the best fans in college football can turn on their coach when he doesn't perform up to their expectations.
I’d agree on that, But there is also more “meh” from Nebraska football fans than I’ve ever seen. I think this team will be pretty damned good as they move on. We didn’t seem physically inferior for once.

Most fans can see that, I would hope.

I can’t get over how crazy our fans are. They think 90s era huskers are their birthright. With no reflection on reality:
- coaches don’t wanna come here because we fire all of them because our fan base is so precious. If frost hadn’t given us a hometown look who would be here?
- geography: kids from FL, TX, CA are far away, and have many attractive options. Kids aren’t excited to come to Nebraska because it’s a boring cold place with no hot chicks
- once we get them here they seem to leave pretty often and quickly. Our good recruiting years seem to be a mirage
- asst coaches are automatically dead men walking after a bad season - making cohesion impossible
- every time we fire a HC we never seem to give credence to hiring a coach with a similar scheme. So we always need 2-3 years just to get players for that scheme
- D does not matter as much as it used to. Listen to Saban. It’s more important to find a prolific QB and put up a jillion pts then to expect the blackshirts to come back

let’s stop these mistakes. And if frost is a mistake let’s be patient with that mistake. Stop trying to burn the house down when we lose to the #5 team in the country. My feeling is that we will be competitive in every remaining game this year. Because after this I’d say we are Uber f$cked.

Give frost 5 years unless he starts out 4
Seasons of losing. But he will go 5-3 this year. Then make a change at D coordinator

ADVERTISEMENT