ADVERTISEMENT

I expect Scott's seat gets warm

Not when the current AD hired him. Listen, most everyone wanted Frost. This is all on Frost and his staff. They are way over their head here. Next up, but it wont happen till 2022 at the earliest.

Penalties and lost fumbles have been a constant in the Frost regime. I saw a lot of positives.
We do need to get this QB thing figured out quick. If not we’ll start 0-4.
What QB thing? You don’t think we should play both?

Reactions: bshirt73
if we have several more games like this. Yes, OSU is more talented, but the sloppy play continues and that has been the hallmark of this regime so far.
We played a lot better than I would have expected. We still have a lot to work on and a lot of things we need to get better at to match up with teams like Ohio State.

Reactions: Clemke32
What QB thing? You don’t think we should play both?

The switching guys in and out during drives isn’t the best way to go about it in my opinion. Maybe I’m old school but pick one guy and stay with him. Doing this One drive a game to try to trick the other team is fine but I’m not a fan of what I saw, specifically in the second half today. AMart is going to have to start making better decisions to be the starter. I’m also questioning McCaffreys lack of arm strength. I honestly don’t know who is better. Having said that, I think the constant switching disrupts the flow.

What are your thoughts? You liked the changing of the two QBs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Catch50
The switching guys in and out during drives isn’t the best way to go about it in my opinion. Maybe I’m old school but pick one guy and stay with him. Doing this One drive a game to try to trick the other team is fine but I’m not a fan of what I saw, specifically in the second half today. AMart is going to have to start making better decisions to be the starter. I’m also questioning McCaffreys lack of arm strength. I honestly don’t know who is better. Having said that, I think the constant switching disrupts the flow.
I disagree. I thought they both looked decent at qb, but Luke is our best playmaker on the field. He needs to be out there, whether that's qb, wr, or rb.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I disagree. I thought they both looked decent at qb, but Luke is our best playmaker on the field. He needs to be out there, whether that's qb, wr, or rb.

I’m leaning towards McCaffrey myself. AMart is higher risk/higher reward in my opinion. I’m just done seeing him commit the same mistakes that he always has. Reminds me of Tennessee’s QB.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Do you asswipes just sit and wait to post this when we have a loss? He’s not going anywhere. We weren’t going to beat Ohio State, but the game should’ve been quite a bit closer.

I saw some improvements, I actually got pretty excited the first half. Then in the second half I thought the Huskers reverted back to dumb play. The Big Ten officials are never going to give the Huskers any breaks. In fact they seemed to go out of their way to screw them. Still there has to come a time when we fans have quit making excuses for the team. It is just one game, but it did nothing to change the national perception that the Huskers are irrelevant.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I saw some improvements, I actually got pretty excited the first half. Then in the second half I thought the Huskers reverted back to dumb play. The Big Ten officials are never going to give the Huskers any breaks. In fact they seemed to go out of their way to screw them. Still there has to come a time when we fans have quit making excuses for the team. It is just one game, but it did nothing to change the national perception that the Huskers are irrelevant.

Like I said, we weren’t going to beat Ohio state, but I hate it when people act officiating doesn’t alter the game. It absolutely does. Anytime we get in a position to shift the momentum, we get hit with a holding penalty or some other crap. I mean three targeting penalties, come on. F’ing bullshit. Those take a toll on a teams psyche, particularly when playing Ohio state level teams.

I’m not giving up on Frost. Not at all.
But after 3 years, it’s clear we’re not a well coached team.
Way too many mental errors, we’re playing only 1 scholly WR, we still lack pass rush, tackle poorly, and I have no idea what our secondary was even trying to do.

No, at least not yet. But he needs to beat some of the mediocre teams on our schedule, like Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota and Iowa.
I think we will have trouble each of these teams

Seriously we will have to improve quite a bit to win against any of these teams

• Haha
Like I said, we weren’t going to beat Ohio state, but I hate it when people act officiating doesn’t alter the game. It absolutely does. Anytime we get in a position to shift the momentum, we get hit with a holding penalty or some other crap. I mean three targeting penalties, come on. F’ing bullshit. Those take a toll on a teams psyche, particularly when playing Ohio state level teams.
For starters, don't get caught holding. You're also nuts if you really believe we didn't ever get away with holding during this game.

Miami and Florida State back in their glory years used to get well-deserved, earned 15-yard penalties against them all the time. Bad calls or legit ones, they won games. That's what good teams do.

We complained about officiating during the Osborne-era, and still won. Why aren't we winning now? Because we don't have the same quality of talent and coaching. That's it.

I guess I saw a lot of positive things the issue is we’re not steam rollers we can’t overcome stupid penalties and still no speed wide out to stretch the field or home run threat, that’s to me is the most disappointing thing

Reactions: headcard
Scott has a lot to learn.. I think he has more to learn than even Bo.

While he can come up with some cute play calls, the problem is he values this more than actually establishing a rhythm on offense.

We didn't even see Mills until what, the 2nd qtr?

Frost too busy trying to dazzle w/cute plays instead of actually running the team from a head coach perspective.

In his first 3 years, he didn't recruit a single tight end. Now all of a sudden they are important in his scheme?

I don't like his scheme on defense at all.. leads to guys taking way too many chances, leading to penalties today, even if those were not good calls.

I know they won't fire Scott, but I think he's pretty transparent as an overpaid head coach right now.

We will struggle until we can spread the field. We are going to see a replica of last year if that doesn’t get fixed.
I agree...we were in the game until OSU recognized that we had division 2 guys playing WR and all they had to do was make adjustments...move up the safeties and let their corners go 1 on 1. They replaced every starter in the secondary and our wrs had no chance of getting open outside of wandale. I think we can piece together 4 wins this year, the offensive line was decent, the front 7 on defense was improved, our rb and wr depth is abysmal right now , but will likely improve. Something weird is going to have to happen...we need an all-american or two somewhere to win more games than we lose, I just don't see it on the roster. I thought the coaching was fine, kids were prepared, played poised, played hard, didn't quit...but the other team was way better at the positions that move the ball.

Reactions: CatColumbia
He will get a pass this year because of Covid. With that said, there is no indication Frost is taking this program to where it belongs.

He doesn’t look like the savior of the program we were all hoping for.

Reactions: Tornadosoul7
His seat isn’t near warm. If they continue down the path of the last couple years it will get warm next year but not hot for another year after that unless the wheels completely fall off.

We were never beating Ohio St. so I’m nit that disappointed

He will get a pass this year because of Covid. With that said, there is no indication Frost is taking this program to where it belongs.

He doesn’t look like the savior of the program we were all hoping for.

I’ve said this before but let’s see how we respond next week. We beat Wisconsin and we’re all participating in parades.

I’m with Frost. He gets lifetime support from me. I think our days of dominance are long gone. I hope that we can build something comparable to what Iowa has over the years. I think Frost can do it, but he is a young coach and it will take time.

Our Wr coaches need to do their jobs.
I think there's a bit of an overreaction to the receiver play. It didn't look like we even tried to utilize our receivers too much and Frost wanted to stick with the ground game to limit turnovers. The numbers weren't that bad when we actually did pass.

I think there's a bit of an overreaction to the receiver play. It didn't look like we even tried to utilize our receivers too much and Frost wanted to stick with the ground game to limit turnovers. The numbers weren't that bad when we actually did pass.

Nope. Unless the coaches can coach up(doubtful) and get some of the young guys on the field we again don’t have anybody who can stretch the field.
Frost was hired to bring in a prolific offense. The fact that he is trotting out guys like Kade Warner and Levi Falck is bad news for us.

ADVERTISEMENT