ADVERTISEMENT

I expect Scott's seat gets warm

Give frost 5 years unless he starts out 4
Seasons of losing. But he will go 5-3 this year. Then make a change at D coordinator

Why change D-Coordinator? We've seen how turnover kills our program, why don't we just wait and finally try to build some continuity. This is literally the first game we have played since November. No extra practices, no real springs, etc... I'll judge a little more as the season goes on. For the most part the D-Line played well, Honas and Miller played decent. There are things to clean up, but it wasn't near as porous as the past.

Why change D-Coordinator? We've seen how turnover kills our program, why don't we just wait and finally try to build some continuity. This is literally the first game we have played since November. No extra practices, no real springs, etc... I'll judge a little more as the season goes on. For the most part the D-Line played well, Honas and Miller played decent. There are things to clean up, but it wasn't near as porous as the past.
Yes, but it the right of Nebraska fans to complain. One bad season and the legends called for Bob to be gone. Tom explored leaving. Too much time for fans to spend in coffee shops and on message boards. I saw improvement. Those calling for a change in dc are not watching the game. Yup the dbs got beat, but they got beat by superior talent. That's today's game. Spread them out and let your superior athletes perform. I'll be more critical if we can't hang with the Iowa's, NW of the league and beat the Illinois and Perdues soundly.

There is a little bit of everything in how people are looking at Frost right now. I don't really think this year is much of anything as far as it counts towards Frost's job. There are some chances for ScoFro to increase his stock, but there really isn't much down side this season.

I would say this though, he is signed through 2026. I think we can hold off on the contract extension for at least 2-3 years. Seeing how this pandemic is affecting the budget of the athletic department, it just makes some financial sense to hold off on extensions of any kind for a while.

Yes, but it the right of Nebraska fans to complain. One bad season and the legends called for Bob to be gone. Tom explored leaving. Too much time for fans to spend in coffee shops and on message boards. I saw improvement. Those calling for a change in dc are not watching the game. Yup the dbs got beat, but they got beat by superior talent. That's today's game. Spread them out and let your superior athletes perform. I'll be more critical if we can't hang with the Iowa's, NW of the league and beat the Illinois and Perdues soundly.
I agree we saw improvement. But when in 5 Years of him being a DC have you said that’s a good defense? If we want to get where we think this program can then Chinander needs to get better. And some of that is because maybe our offensive scheme isn’t what frost thought where we can just score all the time. Now we do need a defense that can get some more stops than what he has been accustomed to.

There is a little bit of everything in how people are looking at Frost right now. I don't really think this year is much of anything as far as it counts towards Frost's job. There are some chances for ScoFro to increase his stock, but there really isn't much down side this season.

I would say this though, he is signed through 2026. I think we can hold off on the contract extension for at least 2-3 years. Seeing how this pandemic is affecting the budget of the athletic department, it just makes some financial sense to hold off on extensions of any kind for a while.
I do wish he gave up more than 166k out of 5 million for Covid.

I agree...we were in the game until OSU recognized that we had division 2 guys playing WR and all they had to do was make adjustments...move up the safeties and let their corners go 1 on 1. They replaced every starter in the secondary and our wrs had no chance of getting open outside of wandale. I think we can piece together 4 wins this year, the offensive line was decent, the front 7 on defense was improved, our rb and wr depth is abysmal right now , but will likely improve. Something weird is going to have to happen...we need an all-american or two somewhere to win more games than we lose, I just don't see it on the roster. I thought the coaching was fine, kids were prepared, played poised, played hard, didn't quit...but the other team was way better at the positions that move the ball.
Am I the only one not impressed with Farniok? He consistently got beat, and was usually looking around to see what just happened. And the holding penalty hurt badly. For a big guy, he doesn't seem to like physicality.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

The reality is Frost may not be that good. He copied the Oregon model...spread offense..high tempo...mix of run and pass...and opportunistic defense but a strong emphasis on getting talent on the offensive side of the ball. It worked at UCF for one season...but the rest of college football was moving to this as well. Now the entire SEC is playing trash defense but scoring at will, the SEC champions will be the best offenses. We saw against OSU that we couldn't keep up offensively, not because of bad defense but because we made too many mistakes..fumbles...fumbles...penalties. If that game is played 20 times...the winner would have to score more than 45 everytime. Frost has to adapt NOW...something different...subtly at first but eventually it has to change far enough away from the rest of the league or he and we are doomed to be average at best.

You obviously have no awareness of reality. Hopefully Frost will be around far longer than anybody posting such drivel.

Reality is Frost is 9-16 at Nebraska. That’s reality. He has been a major disappointment.

Hopefully he is around far longer, because that means he’s winning. But, I wouldn’t count on that based on his current trajectory.

I’m with Frost. He gets lifetime support from me. I think our days of dominance are long gone. I hope that we can build something comparable to what Iowa has over the years. I think Frost can do it, but he is a young coach and it will take time.

You aren't with Frost if your hope is to be comparable to Iowa. Get lost crackerjack.

Reality is Frost is 9-16 at Nebraska. That’s reality. He has been a major disappointment.

Hopefully he is around far longer, because that means he’s winning. But, I wouldn’t count on that based on his current trajectory.

He has underperformed both years. He and the staff just seem like they need to get their legs underneath them a bit and figure things out. Grow into the role. It's not what we wanted or expected. But, he's a smart guy and knows a lot about football. As he matures it will get better. He's going to be here a while if he wants to be, and we just have to accept the many pains that are going to come with it. The most interesting thing to me is how long Chins will have if the D doesn't improve in the near future. If Frost wants to win big, he knows the D needs to be quite a bit better. How long does he give his boy to get it there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT