ADVERTISEMENT

I drove by Incarnate World today....

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Just in case anyone wondered, it is a real school..right across the street from Incarnate High School. Sparked an interesting conversation between my son and I about how that upset ever happened.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Just in case anyone wondered, it is a real school..right across the street from Incarnate High School. Sparked an interesting conversation between my son and I about how that upset ever happened.
It depends which one you saw. The college to the south from the HS is Trinity University, a Division III school. UIW is on the other side of the US 281 freeway.

Kind of thought it was a nice looking campus, myself....but no, UIW should have not beaten a B1G team. I think they were in their 2nd or 3rd year as a Division I school.

Torchy's Tacos in Alamo Heights, I must say, was quite tasty.

It depends which one you saw. The college to the south from the HS is Trinity University, a Division III school. UIW is on the other side of the US 281 freeway.

Kind of thought it was a nice looking campus, myself....but no, UIW should have not beaten a B1G team. I think they were in their 2nd or 3rd year as a Division I school.

Torchy's Tacos in Alamo Heights, I must say, was quite tasty.

If Trinity University has "Incarnate World" on all their buildings and signs, then I guess I drove by Trinity University.

If Trinity University has "Incarnate World" on all their buildings and signs, then I guess I drove by Trinity University.
Pull it up on Google Maps. You'll see Trinity "across the street" to the southwest ( I know, I initially said south) from IWHS. I usually don't consider going across a freeway as being across the street.

And....not to get into a pissing match over the mundane....but it's Incarnate Word, not Incarnate World.

Reactions: Black5hirt
Pull it up on Google Maps. You'll see Trinity "across the street" to the southwest ( I know, I initially said south) from IWHS. I usually don't consider going across a freeway as being across the street.

And....not to get into a pissing match over the mundane....but it's Incarnate Word, not Incarnate World.
Is it Disney World or Word?

World to your mother!
tenor.gif

Reactions: blackshirts25

Could have stopped by to see my in-laws. They live in Alamo Heights. My wife graduated from Alamo Heights High School (Go Mules!)

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
My brother in law was head of theatre dept their, recently retired after about 20+ years
We toured it back around 2005, they are serious about developing the athletic dept

Potatoe, patato.

Next you can visit Gardner-Webb and Samford. Call it the Tim Miles bucket list tour.

Those losses, while also awful, were to two long time D1 programs that at least had some NCAA tourney history.

Incarnate Wood had been a D2 program for decades before transitioning to D1 only two seasons before knocking off Nebraska.

OP is correct. It was unexplainable.

People that start a sentence with..."Not to be that guy"...then go on to be that guy, have always amused me...I guess if you say you're not going to be that guy then are that guy, it's like free....and it's not like it's my fault they mispelled their school name.

People that start a sentence with..."Not to be that guy"...then go on to be that guy, have always amused me...I guess if you say you're not going to be that guy then are that guy, it's like free....and it's not like it's my fault they mispelled their school name.
I've seen their campus....I'm pretty sure they don't, and didn't in 2016, have "Incarnate World" on their buildings.

I've seen their campus....I'm pretty sure they don't, and didn't in 2016, have "Incarnate World" on their buildings.

I was in such awe of their amazing campus that I misread their school name and had nobody said a world I never would have known...my bad. I hope this subject hasn't been to difficult on your constitution...i'm in major awe of your nowledge of all things Incarnate World (emoji bowing down here).

Yes...I know I didn't spell.some words correctly...that's known as sarcasim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT