ADVERTISEMENT

I don't get us . . .

bob5150

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 30, 2004
So many DONU fans thought it would be a complete joke to hire Deion. Colorado hires him and all of a sudden people are hanging on everything that we knew Deion would do: Take his good JSU players with him, and recruit high school and portal kids with success on name recognition alone. It's possible that he could assemble a nice team by the time fall practice rolls around. It's possible Rhule could, too. However, it's not worth worrying about. Trev would never have hired Coach Prime, and we were perhaps unlucky that a school on our schedule next year did hire him. He'll have reasonable success, and once his son graduates, he'll move on to a different school.

So many DONU fans thought it would be a complete joke to hire Deion. Colorado hires him and all of a sudden people are hanging on everything that we knew Deion would do: Take his good JSU players with him, and recruit high school and portal kids with success on name recognition alone. It's possible that he could assemble a nice team by the time fall practice rolls around. It's possible Rhule could, too. However, it's not worth worrying about. Trev would never have hired Coach Prime, and we were perhaps unlucky that a school on our schedule next year did hire him. He'll have reasonable success, and once his son graduates, he'll move on to a different school.
I don't get you

Cmon. It’s like Evel Knievel jumping the Grand Canyon - we are tuning in because of the potential for a tremendous feat or equally spectacular disaster

It’s must see viewing

Last edited:
I thought we already covered this. It's more important for us to talk out both sides of our mouths while we bitch and moan about outcomes we have no control over.

I mean...come on. Matt Rhule has been here for like ten days and half the roster is in the portal and his coaching hires have the combined experience of a HS towel manager.

Now coach Prime is handing out pre-rolls and cash to recruits....

the-business-will-get-out-of-control-smoke.gif

I thought we already covered this. It's more important for us to talk out both sides of our mouths while we bitch and moan about outcomes we have no control over.

I mean...come on. Matt Rhule has been here for like ten days and half the roster is in the portal and his coaching hires have the combined experience of a HS towel manager.

Now coach Prime is handing out pre-rolls and cash to recruits....

the-business-will-get-out-of-control-smoke.gif
My question is: What level of quality are these prerolls? They gave us free joints for waiting in line a a dispensary in LoDo. Initially, it felt like winning at life. Alas, they were terrible, and I then felt dumb for having waited in line.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
I really don’t think Deion Sanders would have fit at all with Alberts and Carter. TA specifically said multiple times we weren’t going for the flashy-splashy hire. People are ooing and drooling over Deion, but I just don’t see it working out long-term for Prime in Boulder and their Administration. It’s a mess, just like the Mel Tucker fiasco. It’s a bizarre hire to me, and the CU AD said today that they basically don’t have the money fundraised yet to pay Deion.

Please. Do. Not. Forget:

The best college football teams have strong alignment in their AD & Football offices. I don’t see that at CU.

huge risk, his schtick won't last long. He starts losing he will quit.

My question is: What level of quality are these prerolls? They gave us free joints for waiting in line a a dispensary in LoDo. Initially, it felt like winning at life. Alas, they were terrible, and I then felt dumb for having waited in line.
Well they are Prime, of course.

Reactions: bob5150
Thats N fans for ya.

We have a Awesome hire in Rhule. Leave it at that.

huge risk, his schtick won't last long. He starts losing he will quit.
What schtick would that be? Being successful at everything he has done? Dude works his ass off and isn’t afraid to cut people who don’t follow his philosophy. He’s motivational as hell and just happens to be one of the highest profile athletes of all time. I’m not sure what characteristics you think gives Lincoln Riley a leg up on Deion? It’s not clear to me.

I do know that no coach is watching these transfers flock to Deion and seeing what he said to his existing team and thinking “this guy is in over his head”.

I really don’t think Deion Sanders would have fit at all with Alberts and Carter. TA specifically said multiple times we weren’t going for the flashy-splashy hire. People are ooing and drooling over Deion, but I just don’t see it working out long-term for Prime in Boulder and their Administration. It’s a mess, just like the Mel Tucker fiasco. It’s a bizarre hire to me, and the CU AD said today that they basically don’t have the money fundraised yet to pay Deion.

Please. Do. Not. Forget:

The best college football teams have strong alignment in their AD & Football offices. I don’t see that at CU.
And this is why it's going to be a short stint for Prime Time in the Rockies. It will always be about money for Sanders but he will have success and then bye, bye, CU later.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Colorado may not win but 3 or 4 games next year who knows who cares!!!

What schtick would that be? Being successful at everything he has done? Dude works his ass off and isn’t afraid to cut people who don’t follow his philosophy. He’s motivational as hell and just happens to be one of the highest profile athletes of all time. I’m not sure what characteristics you think gives Lincoln Riley a leg up on Deion? It’s not clear to me.

I do know that no coach is watching these transfers flock to Deion and seeing what he said to his existing team and thinking “this guy is in over his head”.
Will these high profile transfers go to play where they have to fundraise to pay the coach?

Successful at everything he’s done? More like born a great athlete and was a great football player. But was he successful at Prime Prep Academy he started up? Or maybe his amazing stint as OC of a HS that has you so convinced he will be a good HC. I like Deion, I think he’s entertaining and overall good for the game, but he has proven nothing as a coach and is a huge risk.

What has he all done? You realize his "Prime Prep Academy" was a massive failure and fraud, right? So no, he has not been successful at everything he has done. But I remember hearing that line when we hired Scott Frost - "he's been successful at everything he has done".....ok, but he had never been a head coach at a Power 5 football program. And he failed massively at that.

Deion has had two winning seasons as a coach at one of the lowest levels of college football. Lincoln Riley has had sustained success at the highest level of college football. That gives him a pretty clear leg up to me.

He convinced the top rated high school recruit to play FCS…

Which in itself is just crazy. The guy has never developed a player before. Top-rated recruits passing on programs that have proven they can get guys to the NFL to play for Neon Deion because he is cool is mind-boggling.

Reactions: Denver 'Sker
Successful at everything he’s done? More like born a great athlete and was a great football player. But was he successful at Prime Prep Academy he started up? Or maybe his amazing stint as OC of a HS that has you so convinced he will be a good HC. I like Deion, I think he’s entertaining and overall good for the game, but he has proven nothing as a coach and is a huge risk.
I would say he was successful at Prime Prep since he was able to start it. I don’t know that you can blame any of its shortcomings directly on him. Also I would have trouble calling what he did at JSU, nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
He convinced the top rated high school recruit to play FCS…. I don’t think he will have much trouble filling out a roster.
I’d like to see it with a little more regularity before proclaiming he will not have much trouble doing it. 1 a year will not turn Colorado around. Without NIL, they ultimately won’t be successful. I don’t see them getting enough players to compete.

Aren’t they undefeated this year?

Reactions: ssmill777
I would say he was successful at Prime Prep since he was able to start it. I don’t know that you can blame any of its shortcomings directly on him. Also I would have trouble calling what he did at JSU, nothing.

Are you serious? Prime Prep Academy was a freaking disaster. He’s lucky he isn’t in jail for that.

Colorado may not win but 3 or 4 games next year who knows who cares!!!
Regardless of their tenures Neb, CU, and depending on how much he changes WIS will most likely playing in that 3-6 win area. Year 2 is usually when you see the big uptick.

And this is why it's going to be a short stint for Prime Time in the Rockies. It will always be about money for Sanders but he will have success and then bye, bye, CU later.
Its really not about money for deion.

And who cares if he has success and then leaves? Bottom dweller colorado coming off a 1 win season is supposed to be crying over him bringing in talent, having success then leaving? Bring it on.

And if people have forgotten our program isnt much better. Back to back 3-4 win seasons after 5 win seasons. Not much depth anywhere.

Im fine with people preferring rhule to deion, but the race to slam deion in the most bizarre ways reaks of insecurity in our fan base. People are scared for sure.

Fwiw I and many people said deion was a good candidate. I had him higher than rhule. So it isnt accurate to say husker fans didnt want him.

However, I personally feel fickell was the one we should have gone after. Better track record and less money even.

Time will tell.

Are you serious? Prime Prep Academy was a freaking disaster. He’s lucky he isn’t in jail for that.
Ok so you must know a lot about PPA. Couple questions for you.

1.) What exactly did Deion Sanders (himself) do that he is lucky he isn’t in jail?

2.) What area or skill of being a good head coach does Deion lack?

ADVERTISEMENT